Post Thanks / Like

Glovebox Detail subscription

Does any here use a glovebox monthly subscription service? Seems like a good concept to try out new products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glovebox Detail subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Does any here use a glovebox monthly subscription service? Seems like a good concept to try out new products..
    Heh heh, *use* it? I don`t even know what it is!
    Likes dcjredline liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, so it`s like a mystery box, but you don`t even know what brand you`ll get. I like the idea, but with my luck I`d get crappy brands and stuff I don`t need or want. I`ve never had luck with mystery box type things. I also don`t like how the 1st package is $34.99 a month with an MSRP of $50. Not "at least $50" and who pays MSRP? Autopia has sales all the time, and stuff`s rarely MSRP even before the sales. With that said, since they offer a month to month I might sign up for 1 shipment to see what I get. But it seems like even a good box you`re not gonna really make out much if at all. At least with someone like Adam`s mystery boxes they say "worth at least" It`s not uncommon people get ones worth a decent amount more. And there have been people that got like boxes worth 4-5x the price. I understand as a business model this is tough. But at least give people a 10% of getting a box worth $100 for your $35. You`d get more people to sign up that way imho.

If they said "one box a month will have a Flex CBeast" I`d probably sign up And looking at the photos, they seem to have a very limited selection of brands. Meguiar`s, Adam`s, Sonax, Mastersons, Wizard (whooo?) & 303. Pretty good brands, but you`re probably going to get a pretty limited amount of stuff for your $35. This is basically a 25% sale where you don`t even get to pick what you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Interesting, so it`s like a mystery box, but you don`t even know what brand you`ll get. I like the idea, but with my luck I`d get crappy brands and stuff I don`t need or want. I`ve never had luck with mystery box type things. I also don`t like how the 1st package is $34.99 a month with an MSRP of $50. Not "at least $50" and who pays MSRP? Autopia has sales all the time, and stuff`s rarely MSRP even before the sales. With that said, since they offer a month to month I might sign up for 1 shipment to see what I get. But it seems like even a good box you`re not gonna really make out much if at all. At least with someone like Adam`s mystery boxes they say "worth at least" It`s not uncommon people get ones worth a decent amount more. And there have been people that got like boxes worth 4-5x the price. I understand as a business model this is tough. But at least give people a 10% of getting a box worth $100 for your $35. You`d get more people to sign up that way imho.

If they said "one box a month will have a Flex CBeast" I`d probably sign up And looking at the photos, they seem to have a very limited selection of brands. Meguiar`s, Adam`s, Sonax, Mastersons, Wizard (whooo?) & 303. Pretty good brands, but you`re probably going to get a pretty limited amount of stuff for your $35. This is basically a 25% sale where you don`t even get to pick what you want.
    I had some of the same concerns as you quebert. The ROI doesn’t seem like it would be good for anyone in a detailing business....but maybe for a weekend warrior like me it might be worth one month just to see. I just bought an Adams mystery box and I was pretty disappointed....because I didn’t get anything I actually wanted lol. I was hoping for a bottle of their detail spray and hopefully the mega foam. I received a glass cleaner, glass sealant, waterless wash, carpet cleaning, and a scrub brush. I did get 2 more microfiber towels...I can always use them at least.

But yeah I’d like to try the glove box thing. I’d love to get lucky and receive the Meg’s ceramic detail spray.

The more I type the more I’m taking myself into trying it at least one month

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I had some of the same concerns as you quebert. The ROI doesn’t seem like it would be good for anyone in a detailing business....but maybe for a weekend warrior like me it might be worth one month just to see. I just bought an Adams mystery box and I was pretty disappointed....because I didn’t get anything I actually wanted lol. I was hoping for a bottle of their detail spray and hopefully the mega foam. I received a glass cleaner, glass sealant, waterless wash, carpet cleaning, and a scrub brush. I did get 2 more microfiber towels...I can always use them at least.

But yeah I’d like to try the glove box thing. I’d love to get lucky and receive the Meg’s ceramic detail spray.

The more I type the more I’m taking myself into trying it at least one month

Yes, even if it`s a good deal not getting what you want sucks. Adam`s boxes you usually get a lot for the money, but if it`s stuff you don`t care about it`s still a bad deal for you. This definitely isn`t for anyone except a weekend warrior. I mean $35 will get you one bottle of something, one towel and one accessory. Which will be something like a MF sponge or some tiny brush or something. And knowing it`s basically not going to exceed a 25% sale makes it even worse. There are people who got a $80 Adam`s box and got $100 worth of chemicals, a $250 polisher and pads and polish. If you`re going to gamble imho there needs to be a chance of hitting pay dirt. But, some people like the element of surprise so this might be great in their eyes. I know my luck, I sign up for a year of boxes and I`d end up with 5 decades of glass cleaner, some soap (I only do Waterless) one crappy off brand sealant and a small pile of all purpose MF`s. And even a GOOD box from these guys won`t be $$$ wise any better than buying what you want on sale here or AGO.

About you wanting to try this to maybe get "lucky" and get the Meg`s Ceramic Spray. Even not on sale isn`t it like only $20 on here? So *IF* you get lucky, you get what you want, yeaaaah! But didn`t save any money even. More than likely you`ll get glass cleaner and glass sealant. And since Adam`s is a brand they include, you could well end up getting the exact same stuff you got in your mystery box from them Well, half of it since this is $50 MSRP which isn`t gonna get you much unless you only buy Armor All stuff from Wally`s World.

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, guess it`s another of those subjective things, but I`m full-negative regarding any and all "Mystery Offerings".
    Likes dcjredline, wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If there was some rhyme, reason, or strategy to the box, I might be interested. Like the periodic box serves a purpose of building a weekend warrior`s capability over time. "This month`s focus is on decontamination, the box includes clay bar, lube, and iron remover. Stay tuned, because for next month we are putting together a fabulous kit for wheels and tires."

I saw a post from someone who received in their Adams Mystery Box both Spray Ceramic and Carnauba wax, one of which is useless to someone who`s excited about the other. I think mystery boxes are terrible marketing methods for getting rid of old products, preying upon those bad at math.

Post Thanks / Like

There`s never enough product to do any real testing with these `detail mystery boxes`. Instead of 3-5 items I would rather have 1 product, but enough of it where I can do something with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    If there was some rhyme, reason, or strategy to the box..
    Maybe there is...such as..

I think mystery boxes are...[sly]... marketing methods for getting rid of old products, preying upon those bad at math...[and that FOMO thing, and other Decision Making issues]...
    Heh heh, there, fixed it That`s probably a good explanation IMO. Preying on `em alright...
    Likes bofh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I could send myself my own mystery box. I have a collection of products I read about, just had to have, and never use. It`s a mystery why I bought them.
    Likes Stokdgs, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My problem with these things is that the company has to make a profit so them giving away $36 worth of product for $35 isnt going to work well for them. No thanks.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

I have been a glovebox subrsciber for about 6 months. Initially it was mostly 2oz samples of producrs so I was beginning to wonder if it was worth it but recently he started sending full sized bottles which seems like a better deal for me. Only have received a couple of things that I had never heard of- it’s mostly known brands like Adam’s, Wizard’s, even received a bottle of the Last Coat in January.

Since going with the full size products it’s a better deal if you like trying new products.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Glovebox Detail subscription

This is the October box for an idea of what they send. I like it.

https://youtu.be/hxkykqW_9nc
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Thread Information