Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clearkote

Post Thanks / Like

Clearkote

Was there ever a definitive answer about Clearkote products? IIRC the original owner sold the business to someone, that didn`t work out, then it got sold again to someone that was going to revive everything, but I guess that flopped. There is a Facebook page but no posts since 2012. Scottwax knew the original owners pretty well, but since he doesn`t post here anymore that doesn`t help much.

Anybody know whether these products are definitively gone?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clearkote

I have a bottle of RMG somewhere if that is what you seek ;-)

Reminds me of my favorite metal polish, which never did have a Autopian followed - Heavy Metal Polish. Sure, I had plenty of the various cremes, but I did like the heavy solvent+cut of the the Heavy Metal Polish lineup

Post Thanks / Like

Sect
    I tried to contact some of the phone numbers "related" to ClearKote, but one (ClearKote in N/A in Eufaula, OK), was diverted to some thing else (Medi-care insurance) and another from AutoAs.com was disconnected. I also saw that the ClearKote.com domain name was (past tense) for sale, so I can pretty much assume the company does not exists. Too bad because many of their products in their line-up were (more past tense!) a forum-favorite with many Autopians and had quite the following with drag-racing community.

RMG acronym stands for Red Moose Glaze, which is "different" than the Vanilla Moose Glaze. I think the Red Moose was designed to be machine-applied.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

The product I miss is Quik Shine, it was great for cleaning windshields in the winter without leaving a streaky mess, I was reminded of it in another thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    The product I miss is Quik Shine, it was great for cleaning windshields in the winter without leaving a streaky mess, I was reminded of it in another thread.
    I still have a bottles of RMG and VM. I am not even sure if they are good at this point. Setec if you need some Quikshine let me know. I think I have about 3/4 of a gallon left.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I still have a bottles of RMG and VM. I am not even sure if they are good at this point. Setec if you need some Quikshine let me know. I think I have about 3/4 of a gallon left.
    Thanks Pat, I still have some VM and Quik Shine, which I think are the only Clearkote products I ever bought. I`m just, er...afraid to use the Quik Shine I have because I can`t get anymore. You know how that goes. Not that I don`t have umpti-million other products to use instead, from when I belonged to the "Flavor-of-the-Month" club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Thanks Pat, I still have some VM and Quik Shine, which I think are the only Clearkote products I ever bought. I`m just, er...afraid to use the Quik Shine I have because I can`t get anymore. You know how that goes. Not that I don`t have umpti-million other products to use instead, from when I belonged to the "Flavor-of-the-Month" club.
    Yeah I am not sure my VM/RMG is any good at this point. Bottled sucked in and product is separated. Prob going to need a massive shake lol...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Off topic or on topic .....on some older products.

On concentrate, like APC where I have like 3 dilution bottles. There are moments where I have not touched them in -awhile-
    I never use distilled for this and -always- use cold water from the tap. Maybe there might some some leftover -hot- in the faucet stem though ?

Anyhow, does anyone except for me get this where - if said concentrate mixed with water sits for a longish period of time as they product is not being used up, there is some product that -conjongulates- in the bottom of the bottle. No amount of shaking will change it, as the conjogulation of whatever it is, is more jello`ish in substance. Sometimes it`s just whitish conjugulation, sometimes if it`s been a bottle I have touched in like 18 months, it`s like brown conjugaltion. Is it me and my -soft- tap water?

Post Thanks / Like

I think that`s bacterial growth.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I also really liked CleaKote`s QuickShine!!! It gave a big POP to lighter paint colors!

Post Thanks / Like

I also miss Clearkote. I loved RMG ( Red Machine Glaze). That topped with Souveran gave me the best results for red paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Off topic or on topic .....on some older products.

Anyhow, does anyone except for me get this where - if said concentrate mixed with water sits for a longish period of time...[I get weird [crap] developing in it]..
    I get weird blobs of clear gelatinous matter in my 3D Pink + Griot`s shampoo mix if I let it sit too long, they`re apparently not 100% compatible these days the way they used to be.

But I bet you`re referring to the *other* nasty stuff that`s ...grown? (I think Setec Astronomy nailed it) ....I have that stuff in my older Tire Slimes and one *really* old jug of KAIO.

While many here will undoubtedly think "ew, I`d never use that!" those products still *work* fine so I don`t let the [crap] bother me. If it *did* I`d probably try straining/filtering it out rather than throw away a lot of probably OK product.

Post Thanks / Like

That combo is what I used on red paint as well. Both the moose glazes were good, along with the detail spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, just remembered how VM always smelled less like vanilla to me and more like cosmoline...real "Russian vaseline"-type cosmoline ...not the stuff people misapply the name to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Hey, just remembered how VM always smelled less like vanilla to me and more like cosmoline
    Um...I don`t remember it smelling like vanilla at all, I thought it was called that because of the color (like vanilla ice cream...er...mousse).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information