Post Thanks / Like

Which hand foam applicator pads do you feel are the best?

Looking for good foam applicator pads, that won`t scratch.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which hand foam applicator pads do you feel are the best?

I`ve never had a single foam applicator pad that would mar in-and-of itself, and the only diffs I`ve discerned were in the Personal Preference category and not all that functional.

Do you want thick/thin, fused halves, tight/open pores, etc. etc.?

Those diffs can mean a lot to some people, even if they don`t really matter much when applying LSPs.

When using *abrasives*, or when doing heavy-duty chemical cleaning, then differences can be of more important, but even then they`ve hardly *ever* made enough of a difference for me to care, if only because I only do by-hand stuff on such small areas that most anything would be OK.

And much of the time I use a MF towel instead of an applicator anyhow, unless I`m LSPing a whole panel/more. The primary functional difference there, besides how MF is generally milder than foam, it that the MF towel is a lot easier to clean when I`m done (just toss it in the washing machine).

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I should`ve added that even though I can`t imagine a foam applicator pad from a reputable vendor causing any marring (micro or otherwise), I would still CD-test anything unfamiliar before using it autopaint.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Accumulator. My only experience with foam applicator pads is the ones that come with a product like Souveran or PS21, etc. They are nice. I`d like to have some for use of any product I like. I`ve been finding the MF applicator pads I`ve been using are leaving marring/holograms. Either the polish or cleaners I try out from time to time that state it is made for hand application, really isn`t (polish won`t correctly break down) or the MF applicator is poor quality. Always gotta go back with machine and fix it. Defeats the purpose of doing it by hand. Sometimes I just need to touch up some areas by hand and was wondering if some good foam applicator pads would work instead of the MF pads I have.

Post Thanks / Like

You can`t go wrong with Meg`s yellow foam applicators. Comes in a 6 pk for around 5 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

For the most part, I think marring would be a byproduct of picking up contaminants as opposed to using an inferior pad.

I use the SPTA 4 Inch (100mm) Ultra Soft Foam Applicator Pads, I purchased them thru Amazon. You can search Amazon for them, posting links violates forum rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    You can`t go wrong with Meg`s yellow foam application. Comes in a 6 pk for around 5 bucks.
    This is what I use. I`ve never had any issues when using them to apply sealants.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    For the most part, I think marring would be a byproduct of picking up contaminants as opposed to using an inferior ...[MF]...pad..
    That`s what I would`ve thought too...but unless the pad in question was/has been tested I guess we don`t know for sure whether it`s OK or not.

Thread Information