Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Pro" level products

I am going to hi-jack this thread (REALLY AGAIN, Captain Obvious?!!!...go ahead, we cannot stop you... but the Moderators could!) and ask WHY do you use the products that you do use. Here`s some of the reason and criteria for using a specific car-care products, in no particular order:
    1) Final outcome/end result or performance of product for that detailing task
    2) Ease of use or efficiency in its application and/or removal
    3) Cost per application (Bulk or small sample)
    4) Availability (OTC, boutique, dealer-only)
    5) Previous experience with product or manufacturer
    6) Customer service of retailer/manufacturer
    7) Trial or self-experiment (including beta-testers!)
    8) Gift or given as freebie in order
    9) New item highly recommended or Autopia "flavor-of-the-month"
    10) Because some highly respected Autopian-All-Star, pro or hobbyist, uses it

Which ones are important to you? Let me know your thoughts
    Mine is all three of the top reasons combined, IE cost with performance in the shortest time possible or better known as economic product efficiency
    GB detailer
    Likes mc2hill liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    A golf ball’s performance does degrade the longer it sits in the lake. Lot’s of comparisons have shown that.
    This is absolutely the truth^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    My Dad was a self taught (with a 7 iron he found), golfer that without ever a lot of practice or lessons, shot in the 60`s for 18 holes until he got past his 60`s.. Straight strokes, no handicaps, etc...

Any Course, any time, he was naturally gifted, and very strong.. Like on a par-5, 500-yard hole, be pin-high on the green in 2, and an easy putt in 3, an eagle.. And these were those old steel shaft, wooden, normal sized woods, irons; none of this stuff they use now.. I watched him as his caddy, and his speed of his swing was so fast, the steel shaft looked like it was flexing..

The sound of the club head sweet spot hitting that ball was also very "sharp" and high pitched. No one else he ever played with made that sound when they used their driver..

He liked to go into the rough, etc., to find golf balls, and we always looked in the creeks we played over and found buckets of balls..
    The ones that had been in the water always, when bounced on hard smooth concrete like in the garage, sounded "dead", while the ones that were found dry, AND they were good brands like titleist, dunlop max fli, wilson staff, spalding, etc., always, always, made a sharp "ping" when bounced off that same surface, and always bounced higher.... And they always went farther..

Thanks for the opportunity to recall those awesome times..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I am going to hi-jack this thread (REALLY AGAIN, Captain Obvious?!!!...go ahead, we cannot stop you... but the Moderators could!) and ask WHY do you use the products that you do use. Here`s some of the reason and criteria for using a specific car-care products, in no particular order:
    1) Final outcome/end result or performance of product for that detailing task
    2) Ease of use or efficiency in its application and/or removal
    3) Cost per application (Bulk or small sample)
    4) Availability (OTC, boutique, dealer-only)
    5) Previous experience with product or manufacturer
    6) Customer service of retailer/manufacturer
    7) Trial or self-experiment (including beta-testers!)
    8) Gift or given as freebie in order
    9) New item highly recommended or Autopia "flavor-of-the-month"
    10) Because some highly respected Autopian-All-Star, pro or hobbyist, uses it

Which ones are important to you? Let me know your thoughts
    Mine is all three of the top reasons combined, IE cost with performance in the shortest time possible or better known as economic product efficiency
    I am with you Lonnie - the first 2 are the main driving force, but if #3 is too much, I will look for a similar alternative.
    I think the others have been reasons at one time or another. I used to beta test for a few different brands, and really liked some of the products (and still use some today).
    Numbers 9 & 10 are less a deciding factor, but if it fits 1, 2, or 3 better than what I am using, then I will switch. E.G. Sizzle has been using Optimum Paint Prep with good results, and it is cheaper then Eraser, so I picked up a gallon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information