Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ADAMS Graphene spray coating

With the inclusion of Graphene, Adam’s UV Ceramic Spray Coating has evolved! Compared to the original Ceramic Spray Coating, the Graphene variant will be found to have some improved characteristics:

Our longest lasting spray coating yet!
    Less prone to water spotting
    Higher stain resistance against bugs, saps, droppings, etc.
    Higher scratch resistance during the washing process
    Easier to apply than previous Ceramic Coatings
    Increased depth and clarity to all surfaces
    Lower sliding angle with water evacuating at angles less than 10-15°
    Higher contact angles averaging 110-118°
    Patent Pending, UV Tracing Technology™
    >9H Hardness, 1+ years or more of Protection
    Free to apply to all Painted Surfaces, Glass, Headlights, Chrome, Trim, Wheels, and even Bed Liners!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Thanks hawaiidude thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ADAMS Graphene spray coating

Can’t wait to grab some!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like they have two versions. A hand applied version and a spray version with the spray version having less durability.

I`d still want an explanation of what it takes to break the bond on a version that is supposed to last 5+ years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post

I`d still want an explanation of what it takes to break the bond on a version that is supposed to last 5+ years.
    Likely the same thing that breaks the bond of a claimed 5-7 year ceramic; medium polish on foam cutting pad...at most.

In their marketing they note "If installed incorrectly, polishing may be needed" so seems like nothing earth-shattering.

Read somewhere the "7+ years..." comes from "simulated washing cycles" which is likely a best case scenario...Ph Balanced soaps and such, a far cry from 20k miles on freeways in Buffalo, NY. ADAMS Graphene spray coating
    Likes acuRAS82, The Guz, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Likely the same thing that breaks the bond of a claimed 5-7 year ceramic; medium polish on foam cutting pad...at most.

In their marketing they note "If installed incorrectly, polishing may be needed" so seems like nothing earth-shattering.

Read somewhere the "7+ years..." comes from "simulated washing cycles" which is likely a best case scenario...Ph Balanced soaps and such, a far cry from 20k miles on freeways in Buffalo, NY. ADAMS Graphene spray coating

Soooooo 5000 washes is equal to 14 years if you wash your car every day! And thats using dish soap!

Likes BudgetPlan1, wannafbody liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

a far cry from 20k miles on freeways in Buffalo, NY. ADAMS Graphene spray coating
    Amen, these are some of the roads and streets I frequented and still frequent when visiting family or Buffalo Bills... if you can drive it here, you can drive it anywhere.
    Likes nickfire20, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickfire20 View Post

Well, I stand corrected...certainly not the first time! ADAMS Graphene spray coating

Still, dish soap & sponge are a far cry from actual usage but well played by them on including `dish soap` to reference the thought that dish soap strips LSP`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I stand corrected...certainly not the first time! ADAMS Graphene spray coating

Still, dish soap & sponge are a far cry from actual usage but well played by them on including `dish soap` to reference the thought that dish soap strips LSP`s.
    No sweat, I would certainly love to see how it does in rough wintry climates! But Graphene has been around for about a year in super high end companies and has proven itself bulletproof

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickfire20 View Post
    No sweat, I would certainly love to see how it does in rough wintry climates! But Graphene has been around for about a year in super high end companies and has proven itself bulletproof

I`ve had a graphene coating on my daily for the last 13 months/16k miles in NE Ohio. It has some very nice attributes that may appeal and work well for some but methinks the universal `This is gonna be a ceramic-killing game changer...` is a bit premature. It didn`t come out of winter as well as many of the ceramics I`ve used.

The question is (to me anyway) how much of a role the actual graphene component in the formulation plays in the overall durability/performance over time vs. the other carriers, solvents, misc elements of the overall formulation?

I had some leftover in the bottle and noticed that a couple of months later the dark graphene (I`m guessing) settled out to the bottom of the bottle. Shook it up and applied to hood of a fleet vehicle and it seemed to have no real detrimental affect.

It`ll be interesting to see if graphene proves to be a singularly wonderful product that trumps current coatings or is just another great choice in a sea of great coating choices. ADAMS Graphene spray coating
    Likes nickfire20, The Guz, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had some leftover in the bottle and noticed that a couple of months later the dark graphene (I`m guessing) settled out to the bottom of the bottle. Shook it up and applied to hood of a fleet vehicle and it seemed to have no real detrimental affect.
    It would be a nice feature if it lasts longer in the bottle without hardening, improved shelf life.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, nickfire20 liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m not so sure. When Mothers CMX first came out, Apex Detail tried to remove it with a polish and that didn`t remove it. In the real world most people noticed a drop off in performance after a couple months and it most likely starts to break down. Maybe heat and humidity play a role in it breaking down.

Post Thanks / Like

I polished off SPS Graphene from my test panel with M205 and a polishing pad. It was gone in the blink of an eye. It’s rated at 5 years.

Doesn’t take much to remove a coating.

I forgot to mention that SPS is a pro coating.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I`m not so sure. When Mothers CMX first came out, Apex Detail tried to remove it with a polish and that didn`t remove it. In the real world most people noticed a drop off in performance after a couple months and it most likely starts to break down. Maybe heat and humidity play a role in it breaking down.
    1st off love my CQUK3. That being said i removed after a week with essence and a yellow BOSS pad by hand

You can see haze line where i tried to spot repair. Had to remove all and redo whole fender

Likes The Guz, BudgetPlan1, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Amen, these are some of the roads and streets I frequented and still frequent when visiting family or Buffalo Bills... if you can drive it here, you can drive it anywhere.
    Yeah.............................I leave here. Winter is just terrible. We can`t wait for the kids to finish school so we can leave. Salt destroys wax and sealants in half or less. Hoping CSL/Exo makes a difference this year.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of the Adams spray coating I have put it on tons of cars it got a bad wrap online from chemical torture testing I have seen it on several car at the 6 month mark it was still doing well. It is even easier than gloss coat. I am around a car in 10 minutes I specifically use it in direct sun light it allows me to put it on thicker. It has two solvents I’ve notice first is propanol which flashes very fast which allow you to spread it easy it flashes like a panel wipe. The second solvent is most likely methyl acetate it’s the one that rainbows and has distinct smell. In direct sunlight it aids me in put on very thick coating and cooks off the first solvent fast then I get the rainbow normal flash at about a minute and wipe off. Wipe off is an easy as optiseal. If I was in the shade or garaged I would have to use less products.

They have the graphene spray out which I’m looking forward to after I use the remaining bottles. I have the new full coating ordered for my daily going to test it

www. Goographene set graphene dispensed dirt cheap in different solvents public can buy. They have water dispersion I wanted to buy it and add it to C2

if the online crowd hammers away at the graphene spray take with grain of salt
    Likes nickfire20 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information