Post Thanks / Like

Best carpet protectant

I normally use 303 Fabric Guard to protect my carpet in my car. I just bought a new 2020 VW Jetta SE for my wife. I have already bought the WeatherTech mats and trunk mat. Is there any other fabric protectant that would be better than the 303?

Thanks in advance,
    kajunman

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best carpet protectant

Similar question, instead of creating a new thread:

Hi folks,
    Are there any new/recommended interior fabric protection products for 2021 that supersede the products below? (cloth interior in preparation for an inbound kiddo). Will be cleaning and extracting soon to prepare for DIY product application.
    Found the following products recommended here over the recent years:

Gyeon Fabric Coat
    CarPro C-Quartz fabric
    303 Fabric Guard
    Gtechniq i1

Lazy, and big fleet, so prefer products that are simple to re-apply without the need to reapply hopefully more than once a year.
    Kinda wish I had a Jeep that I can just powerwash out any messes.. kinda joking.

Just an update, after some digging, I think the "newest" product to be released is Chemical Guy`s Hyrdothread.
    Not usually a CG fan, but their fabric coating seems to be the newest one on the block. Not many comparisons though with the existing stuff, and a few reports of it not working that well on synthetic fabrics compared to natural wool.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the CarPro C-Quartz fabric and the 303 Fabric Guard as well as the 3m Fabric guard you find at Walmart as well as a few others.

For me the higher cost of these "carpet coatings really isn`t worth it. I find that the 303 & 3m Fabric Guard stuff work really well and are cost effective. And when I want to add more I just go ahead and do it.

I also have and use the Optimum Carpet clean & Protect; which I like for sport cleaning and some added protection.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Gtechniq fabric on a convertible top and got almost a year out of it in the NW. made it through fall and winter seeing a ton of rain no problem.

Definitely outlasted 303 and was better than raggtop. Can’t recommend enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information