Post Thanks / Like

Used Reset in a foam cannon - have some questions

So....this morning I decided to try Reset in a foam cannon and do a (mostly) touchless wash on my wife`s vehicle. There was some tree sap on the hood and fender tops, but it was otherwise fairly clean. I put 2oz in my PF22 and filled it with warm water. Even with hard water, and my cheesy little SunJoe pressure washer, I got very good foam.....almost perfect I`d say. Not crazy thick, but not runny either. When I rinsed it off, it seemed like a two-stage foam, very similar to Griots Surface Wash. The outer layer of foam rinsed right away, but there was clearly a second layer to be rinsed off. The second layer came off easily and cleanly, and I like Reset more and more each time I use it.

Did I use too much in the PF22? Is Reset actually more of a two stage foam? This is my first time using it with a foam cannon, so I`m not sure if I did something wrong to cause the foam behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Used Reset in a foam cannon - have some questions

Are you using 2oz and the rest with water all on one vehicle? I usually put a little less than the 50ml (never lower than 30ml) increment that stamped on the PF22 but I foam 2 vehicles with it and still have a bit of solution left after foaming the second car. Not sure about the two stage foam comment, i`ve not seen that though I usually don`t rinse after foam. I usually jump right into multiple mitt contact washing after letting the foam dwell a bit and after running a detail brush around all the crevices.

Though when I`ve rinsed the foam in a more traditional use of the foam cannon I didn`t notice this either. Could that be the Kranzle vs Sunjoe? I didn`t have the PF22 nor Reset when I was using the Sunjoe but I still doubt the extra little bit of GPM is helping here. Maybe Reset is just that good that it clings but I still wouldn`t consider it good enough to contactless wash with.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Used Reset in a foam cannon - have some questions

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    Are you using 2oz and the rest with water all on one vehicle? I usually put a little less than the 50ml (never lower than 30ml) increment that stamped on the PF22 but I foam 2 vehicles with it and still have a bit of solution left after foaming the second car. Not sure about the two stage foam comment, i`ve not seen that though I usually don`t rinse after foam. I usually jump right into multiple mitt contact washing after letting the foam dwell a bit and after running a detail brush around all the crevices.

Though when I`ve rinsed the foam in a more traditional use of the foam cannon I didn`t notice this either. Could that be the Kranzle vs Sunjoe? I didn`t have the PF22 nor Reset when I was using the Sunjoe but I still doubt the extra little bit of GPM is helping here. Maybe Reset is just that good that it clings but I still wouldn`t consider it good enough to contactless wash with.
    I did fill the PF22 up with water after adding the 2oz of Reset, and I do still have about 25% left in the bottle. It`s a rare thing for me to even attempt a touchless wash, but the fact that the car was not really dirty and the temps were already in the 80`s and super humid gave me an excuse to back off my usual effort a little. If it hadn`t gotten the tree sap off with a foam and rinse, I would have gone to a hand wash next. Next time I`ll cut back to 1oz in the cannon and see how it goes

Thread Information