Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Megs Hyper-Wash dilution

I know I’ve heard different advice about dilution, but I don’t understand why Meguiar’s lists the dilution ratio as 1:400 and yet instructs one ounce be added per 5 gallons (640oz) of water. I understand estimating or rounding, but these ratios are not even close.

What are your preferred ratios for general maintenance washes?
    Likes Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs Hyper-Wash dilution

I`m doing 1 oz. with 2 gallons of water. I think their dilution recommendation is a bit far-fetched.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I just pour a bunch in. That stuff is super cheap. Carpro Reset I`ll measure out.

Post Thanks / Like

When I had used Hyper Wash I filled the bucket to just under 4 gallons since the bucket is marked in gallons and then added the ounce and then blasted from the bottom of bucket with the pressure washer to activate the foam and round out to 4 gallons. Prior to Hyper Wash I was using Honeydew (which suspiciously says 1:640 on Autogeek`s page) where I would put the soap in before the water via garden hose. This didn`t work with Hyper Wash because it would just generate so much foam it was spilling over the top of the 5 gallon bucket way before 3-4 gallons of water was in there.

I had to switch to actually measuring when using Hyper Wash because it seemed like if it was mixed too hot it was more of a pain to rinse off even using a pressure washer. It felt like it would just mask the sio2 sprays I was using at the time, prior to wash I had more beading than after is what made me start watching the water ratios. This is what made me try CarPro Reset and I`ve used it ever since been using up the last of the Hyper Wash on non LSP`d cars I`ve washed for others.

About the only flaw you can make with Reset is not buying it in the 4L jug first.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    I just pour a bunch in. That stuff is super cheap. Carpro Reset I`ll measure out.
    I never do this because I like to know that I’m not under-lubricating or over-intensifying (hurting or masking my LSP) according to how manufacturers intended the chemical to be used. I’m definitely a ‘measure carefully’ person.
    Likes tom p., lloydrm liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    I had to switch to actually measuring when using Hyper Wash because it seemed like if it was mixed too hot it was more of a pain to rinse off even using a pressure washer. It felt like it would just mask the sio2 sprays I was using at the time, prior to wash I had more beading than after is what made me start watching the water ratios. This is what made me try CarPro Reset and I`ve used it ever since been using up the last of the Hyper Wash on non LSP`d cars I`ve washed for others.

About the only flaw you can make with Reset is not buying it in the 4L jug first.
    Yesss.

I prefer Reset but no planning on using it every time, especially not on non-SiO2 paint. I know I could but I got the HW gallon and it’s good stuff. I’ve been doing similar to you... 1z to 4 gallons after all frothing is complete.its worked well in my opinion but the label really bugs me so I’m glad to hear others’ experiences.

i will be getting a 4L or Reset once my 1000ml has dwindled.

Post Thanks / Like

I found the sweet spot to be around 1 oz to 3 gallons of water. I tried doing 1 oz to 5 gallons and i felt it lacked lubrication. It makes sense since 400 oz is 3.125 gallons. If you want to use 5 gallons of water then you should use at least 1.5 oz. I did use 2 oz to 5 gallons before and i really liked the lubrication, it`s just that my car is small and doesn`t really get all that dirty so 5 gallons of solution is a bit overkill for my needs.
    Thanks acuRAS82, Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I found the sweet spot to be around 1 oz to 3 gallons of water. I tried doing 1 oz to 5 gallons and i felt it lacked lubrication. It makes sense since 400 oz is 3.125 gallons. If you want to use 5 gallons of water then you should use at least 1.5 oz. I did use 2 oz to 5 gallons before and i really liked the lubrication, it`s just that my car is small and doesn`t really get all that dirty so 5 gallons of solution is a bit overkill for my needs.
    Yeah, this makes sense, using the ~1:400 ratio. I may try 1:3gal and compare to 1:4gal. Or maybe use 1:3gal when the car is extra dirty (which it usually isn’t except for winter) and stick to my 1:4gal for lighter maintenance washes.

Post Thanks / Like

I assume that if you wanted to precisely measure out the amount of Hyper Wash for the desired dilution ratio of the amount of water you are expecting to use, you could use a plastic medical measuring cup graduated in both ounces or teaspoons/tablespoon and milliliters (cubic centimeters) you find at drug stores or veterinary supply stores for dispensing liquid medicines.
    For example, if you are using 2-1/2 gallons (320 fluid ounces) of water to wash with and want a 300:1 dilution ratio, you would need 1.06 ounces of Hyper Wash. If you wanted a little more "robust` dilution ration of say, 250:1, then you need 1.27 ounces of Hyper Wash. If you are accustomed to using the metric system, 2-1/2 gallons is approximately 9.5 liters of water, for a 300:1 dilution ratio, then you need 3.16 millititers. Remember that in computing product needed for the desired dilution rations to sum (add) the dilution ration (water amount PLUS product amount) and divide that into amount of water you will be using.

I am with Britsdaddy on this though on dispensing Hyper Wash; I "eyeball" it and add water to the bucket as needed. One thing about Hyper Wash it that it does,indeed, make a lot of suds/foam when you add pressurized water from a hose with a nozzle that it may be hard to determine how much water you have actually added to the bucket. One way to "mitigate" this is to place the hose nozzle at the bottom of the bucket and use a partially open hose bib/faucet along with a fanned spray pattern with the nozzle OR just use the hose WITHOUT the nozzle (common sense, Captain Obvious!), although the mixing action is mitigated as well, which is why I like leaving the nozzle on.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using HyperWash since 2012 or so. I got a 1oz pump for the bottles to make it easy to dispense. For my normal wash I usually use 1.5-2 oz. Its easy since its just the amount of the pump.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/detai...tml?highlight=

Post Thanks / Like

I always used it 1oz in the foam gun and 1-2 oz in a 5 gal bucket.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I have been using HyperWash since 2012 or so. I got a 1oz pump for the bottles to make it easy to dispense. For my normal wash I usually use 1.5-2 oz. Its easy since its just the amount of the pump.

https://www.autopia.org/forums/detai...tml?highlight=
    How much water in your normal wash bucket?

Post Thanks / Like

Megs Hyper-Wash dilution

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I assume that if you wanted to precisely measure out the amount of Hyper Wash for the desired dilution ratio of the amount of water you are expecting to use, you could use a plastic medical measuring cup graduated in both ounces or teaspoons/tablespoon and milliliters (cubic centimeters) you find at drug stores or veterinary supply stores for dispensing liquid medicines.
    I’m fine with the dilution calculations. My question was really based off the jug directing two completely different dilutions (1:400 and 1:640).

For my product measuring I’m happy enough with the precision I get from any of these bad boys (the blue cup is 1oz).

I generally do anywhere from 2-4oz for a wash depending on which vehicle, how many mitts or MF towels I plan to use (I still wash my Acura with only 2 mitts and a 2 bucket method which doesn’t require much soap). For my other cars I use many gloves which certainly uses up more wash soap. Then the final factor in how much water I use is to get the amount of soap concentrate to within half ounce increments.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a timely question, I`m glad to see the discussion.

I`ve got a jug of Hyperwash standing by when I run out of the Optimum I`m using now. I wasn`t sure how much to use. Going to "rich" on the ratio often makes soaps hard to rinse off so I really don`t want to over due it.

I too use the 1oz pump, so this has been very helpful.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    How much water in your normal wash bucket?

I almost always fill 4.5-5 gallons of wash. Using 1.5-2 oz gets me a close to the proper dilution when using
    a 1oz single pump top on the bottle without going to the trouble of really measuring the soap.

In the past I used a double grit guard setup and then changed to a grit guard+GG Washboard setup.

So the extra wash liquid helps since the last gallon or so is really not usable.

Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information