Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Megs Hyper-Wash dilution

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    This is a timely question, I`m glad to see the discussion.

I`ve got a jug of Hyperwash standing by when I run out of the Optimum I`m using now. I wasn`t sure how much to use. Going to "rich" on the ratio often makes soaps hard to rinse off so I really don`t want to over due it.

I too use the 1oz pump, so this has been very helpful.
    Well, maybe that is the reason I had "problems" with Optimum Car Wash Soap. OPT-CWS seemed to leave a residue behind for me, but I attributed that to hard municipal water supply that CWS did not seem compatible with AND bad drying techniques (used to use chamois).

I switched to Hyper Wash after seeing high-respected Autopian All-Star Rasky1 use it in his details. What do I like most about it? The cleaning ability for one. Lubricity for another. And yes, it does rinse clean. It is cheaper price-wise per gallon than Megs Professional No. 62 Car Wash and Conditioner, which WAS my favorite. That No.62 car soap just smelled heavenly and rinsed REALLY clean, even in harder water.

AND, on a completely different note, I see someone above mentioned about not using the last gallon or so at the bottom of a 5-gallon soap bucket due to the Grit Guard in it. For this reason, I choose not to use one in the soap bucket, but I DO in the rinse bucket. But for those who do choose to use a Grit Guard in the soap bucket, I wish Grit Guard made a "thin" version/design for use in soap buckets. Might seem kinda self-defeating of the purpose of a Grit Guard, but some "protection" is better than none AND it would allow you use a smaller amount of soap/water mix in the bucket for washing. Anyone else ever have that idea or maybe modified an existing Grit Guard and cut down the legs/ribs to make it thinner for use in a soap bucket??
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

^^Lonnie, FWIW, I don’t use grit guards in the soap bucket... I tried when I started this hobby but it didn’t seem worth it after enough experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    I found the sweet spot to be around 1 oz to 3 gallons of water. I tried doing 1 oz to 5 gallons and i felt it lacked lubrication. It makes sense since 400 oz is 3.125 gallons. If you want to use 5 gallons of water then you should use at least 1.5 oz. I did use 2 oz to 5 gallons before and i really liked the lubrication, it`s just that my car is small and doesn`t really get all that dirty so 5 gallons of solution is a bit overkill for my needs.
    Same for me. I find 1.5oz in a 5 gallon (not completely full) bucket works well for me. Less and it isn’t slippery and more and it’s a PITA to rinse. It’s like a knife edge too, even 1.25oz isn’t enough.

And at that ratio it’s hardly the bargain it’s supposed to be. I won’t be buying it again. Gold Class is a better soap for me at a similar price point. The real bargain wash is TW Ice. Slick, cheap and it refreshes a tired lsp.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you guys have taken it out of consideration for me, so thanks for posting about it. Sheesh, if *GOLD CLASS* of all things is *better* anyhow... Heh heh, I rank GC right with Westleys, for that quality I`d rather smell the scent of TW ZipWax.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m a bit worried too now that I`ve got a fresh gallon sitting in my garage. I`d only heard rave reviews in the past.....
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I`m a bit worried too now that I`ve got a fresh gallon sitting in my garage. I`d only heard rave reviews in the past.....
    I`d like to hear what *you* think of it!

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had nothing but positive experience so far using at 1:4gal. I do suppose it could be slightly more lubricated but I don’t feel like it is unsafe in that dilution. But I’m enjoying everyone’s thoughts and keeping tabs. Always room for improvement.

I think it smells nice, cleans real well and rinses extremely well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Well, you guys have taken it out of consideration for me, so thanks for posting about it. Sheesh, if *GOLD CLASS* of all things is *better* anyhow... Heh heh, I rank GC right with Westleys, for that quality I`d rather smell the scent of TW ZipWax.
    Wow! I used Westleys AND Turtle Wax ZipWax Soap in my early days (Mid to late `70`s) of car washing. Westleys was/is the maker of Blech-White tire cleaner (the ORIGINAL tire cleaner). W-B-W was great for cleaning my early BF Goodrich TA radials (remember those?) with its distinctive raised white lettering, and yes, it did restore the `whiteness" to such tire lettering. I still have some of their soap that was in the basement of my home-place growing up back then when we needed to remove the contents of that home when my mother passed away in 2017. Lots of old car cleaning products I has forgotten about, which is why I can reference them in the recent post "Products you never hear much about anymore." (You ARE old, Captain Obvious!)

Come to think of it, I bought ZipWax soap and Blech-White in gallon jugs , and Armor-All Protectant in 1/2 gallon jugs, so I was an Obsessive-Compulsive Detailer (OCD) buying in bulk even back then!
    GB detailer
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information