wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Playing Jr chemist...

I recently saw a video where Jimbo on youtube mixed 6 spray and wipe ceramic products together and got a pretty good result. That being said, make sure you read labels as some chemicals shouldn`t be mixed. Water based products should be fairly safe to mix.

I recently mixed Z6 detailer with a capful of Duragloss rinseless wash to turn it into a quick detailer on steroids or more of a waterless wash. What products have you combined?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Playing Jr chemist...

I don’t remember off the top of my head, but if I don’t like something I usually mix it with a rinseless wash I don’t like as much and burn through it that way.

These products are generally just used on my work van instead of my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If there is a chemical mixing (OK, Wax mixing) genius, it is Wax Addict. His Monster Mash Wax rivals Paul Dalton`s SwissVax Crystal Rock (OK, I lied; it`s more fake internet news!!)

I have mixed Meg`s Mirror Glaze Professional M105 Compound with Meg`s consumer line Ultimate Compound to reduce the dusting from M105. Actually one of the "ways" to get rid of the M105, using more Ultimate than M105.

I have mixed Megs Detailer line D110 Hyper Wash with Turtle Wax Maxx-Wash Soap for 2-bucket washes of dirty vehicles. Same thing with Optimum Polymer Technologies Car Wash soap and their Power Wash APC for bug-splattered vehicles.

Just recently I mixed OPT Power Clean diluted 3:1 (water-to-product) with 3-year-old dried-out OPT Metal Polish to return the liquidity/viscosity back to it. Just needed to mix it up with a flat-tip screw driver, kind of what is required for mixing "congealed" Collinite 845 Insulator Wax and then shaking the livin` daylights out it! Works OK again.

Sorry, but not sorry, for this Public Service Announcement on Chemical Mixing Safety: Never mix a bleach-based cleaner with an ammonia-based cleaner. This household cleaning product mixing "accident" sends more individuals to the hospital emergency room in the USA due to the toxic gas it produces from the chemical reaction between them.
    GB detailer
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea mixing 105 and UC. As for 845, set it in the sun or in hot water and it`s thins right out.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m getting great One Step results using The Last Cut mixed with 3D One. I use either HDO Orange, or URO TEC Blueberry pads. Also BlackFire One Step mixed with Shine Supply Flat Top. Added a bit more cut to an already great product

Post Thanks / Like

People add stuff to Sonax BSD to try and add some slickness, whilst not losing the beading. V-07 is a popular one, but any decently slick and hydrophobic QD would be worth a go. I just like to use it as is as slickness isn`t a thing for me.

Post Thanks / Like

What haven`t I mixed together? haha.

Thread Information