Post Thanks / Like

303 Graphene Can you see what`s missing?

The other day, after giving the car a "Final Wipe" getting rid of the few remaining `missed spots` and making the finish perfect, it was driven through a moderate rain for several miles. Imaging my surprise when after the rainwater dried off the car, I noticed something missing. Can you see what it is in the pics?

Picture #1 and the tires give a clue .......

The answer is dirt and road film.

On pic #1 you can see some dirt and debris collected where the edge of the trunk meets the bumper cover and there are a few water droplet `tracks` on the back bumper itself. But on the fender and quarter panel [i[right behind the tires[/i] there is nothing. No water spray marks, no dirty drips and no apparent road film built up. Even on the windshield, where normally you would see a clean area in the windshield wiper`s path and a clear line of road film where the wipers don`t reach, but on the Camaro, there is only a thin line of dirt where the driver`s side wiper stops and no discernible difference between the wiper-swept area and the untouched areas, both look equally "clean."

Before using the 303, these areas would be coated in dirt and road film after a short drive in the rain, but now - not so much if at all.

Needless to say, I am impressed. Now granted, I have realized that I am a "Flavor of the Month" type of guy and I get excited trying new products and I like many of them to the point of being obnoxious about it (like my roughly year-long thing with Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions). But I have to say I think the 303 is better (with what knowledge and information I have now) than the TWHS.

The 303 applies better, removes better (only requiring a multi-step removal process if you use lousy towels like I did) and now the kicker - it seems to repel water and road film FAR better than anything I have ever personally seen.

I`d say the 303 has found a permanent place in my garage for the foreseeable future - at least until the next "Big, New Thing" comes along.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 Graphene Can you see what`s missing?

I was going to say 2 cylinders
    Likes DAC17, Don, Bobh591, Desertnate liked this post
    Thanks wannafbody thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Don. Had you tried the Hybrid Solutions Pro Flex wax on the Camaro? I`ve been using is the last few months and have similar impressions compared to the original Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brianshaeffer View Post
    Hi, Don. Had you tried the Hybrid Solutions Pro Flex wax on the Camaro? I`ve been using is the last few months and have similar impressions compared to the original Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Coating.
    LOL, yes, the "base coat" on the Camaro is the Flex Wax and I `topped` it with 3 coats of 303. So far the 303 is easier to apply and removes clean without a multi step removal process (as long as you use `good` removal towels). On the 2nd and 3rd coats, I used old and worn out towels and had residue issues. I`ve since got a new batch of microfibers and that should end my removal issues.

On my car at least, the Flex Wax didn`t have this kind of water/dirt shedding effects.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Thread Information