Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Gotta add Black WOW (Now Black WOW Pro) to this forgotten-or no-longer-mentioned product list.
    Never used the stuff personally, but it was a forum-favorite for black trim restoration/protection.
    Here`s the thread on its comparison to Solution Finish:
    Solution Finish or Black Wow Pro?

Does anyone use Kenotek car-care products? just wondering, since I see Detailed Image is clearing out some of their products
    I`ve used Kenotek Showroom Shine and been pleased with it.

Rick

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I did a quick scan/read through of the posts and I see the ones I thought of were mentioned on the first page. Blue Coral AutoFom, I bought this stuff when it came out(actually I would have to check the cupboard to see if the can is still there with a little bit in it) and I thought it was the cats meow. It was easy to apply and it wiped off super easy when it cured and it left a nice gloss.

Nu-Finish, if it wasn`t for the fact that when I bought my Camaro and found that bugs etched the front, then found this site, I would probably still be using it because you could no longer buy AutoFom. I would apply this twice a year even though it says it was a once a year product. It was another one that was easy to apply, you could apply it in the sun with no problem(I had to years ago since I had no garage) and it still comes off easy. I would have no problem getting rid of all these products I bought after starting on the forums here and going back to using Nu-Finish.

Surf City Garage I happened across it at Walmart and bought the QD spray and I thought it was some really good stuff for OTC/ I bought a can of their Carnuba wax for the Camaro when I went to car shows but that was nothing special. Love the smell of it though. At a car show I won a prose to pick and took the 4 product package, the soap was okay, the windshield cleaner was good, the QD was great, can`t remember what the 4 bottle was.

Someone mentioned Wizzards if they were still made. That sounds like the brand of stuff my friend uses and he buys it from Napa.
    Dean.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this on the shelf!!!
    (Local 3d store)
    They also have Adapt!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So Adapt is the successor to the fourth reformulated versions of UNO?? The top of the bottle looks dusty, like it has been there awhile.
    See thread: HD Uno Questions

Even the 3-D Product sub-forum does not get a lot of attention, which would tell me their product line is not "discussed" much here, either. Look at them in the Autopia Store, read a few reviews, but never tried any of their products. Last posts were from February 2020 about unavailability of gallon-sized HD-Speed, so someone likes their products!

What was a little "suspect" about this product was when highly-respected Autopian All-Star Dave Fermani (my assessment) dropped being a representative/spokesperson for this product line. (See thread David Fermani No Longer Part of 3D/HD Products)
    I should not be so judgmental about the product line, since I do not know the full story.

I wish more car-care manufacturers` customer service representatives or public relations (PR) would inform us Autopians of new products or make comments about problems or concerns with products within the thread discussions. I just do not see that "involvement" within this forum. I realize according to forum rules that this can (and should) be done for manufacture`s car-care products sold by the Autopian Store. Then again, most manufactures have their own forum discussions to address customer problems or concerns with products or announce new product releases and I have answered my own concern. (And you wonder WHY you are called Captain Obvious???!!!) I would just rather hear and see it in this forum and not be forced to look elsewhere.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c5longhorn View Post
    I`ve used Kenotek Showroom Shine and been pleased with it.

Rick

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Same here. I still have some on hand. Probably my favorite non-ceramic QD spray.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

So Adapt is the successor to the fourth reformulated versions of UNO?? The top of the bottle looks dusty, like it has been there awhile.
    I noticed that, too. Actually, that`s the old labeling as well. Back when 3D/HD still had that cursive style font. That`s what caught my eye. Thought to myself, "is that like a display model because the owner is a collector?" - But it was right there, with the other new products. Then Adapt was also there.

Adapt is different type of product. If I recall, it was a multi-surface type of polish. Something you can use on paint, plastics, and I forget what else. But it`s been such a long time, and I`ve never tried it, that I forget the details.

Even the 3-D Product sub-forum does not get a lot of attention, which would tell me their product line is not "discussed" much here, either. Look at them in the Autopia Store, read a few reviews, but never tried any of their products.
    I`m not sure how much it`s discussed. IMO, one of their more popular products is 3D Speed (formerly HD Speed). It was the AIO that users compared other products to. When Blackfire One Step came out, people asked, "How does it compare to Speed?"

I recently brought out Speed, as I was running low on BF One Step, and wanted to make sure I could make the One Step last. So I used Speed on some panels. I was reminded of how nice a product it is. Haven`t used it much since I was using Poorboy`s World Polish w/ Sealant as my go-to.

HD Polish (noting that 3D also made HD) was my preferred polish over Meg`s M205.

Seems the big names all make decent products, with 3D being one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I noticed that, too. Actually, that`s the old labeling as well. Back when 3D/HD still had that cursive style font. That`s what caught my eye. Thought to myself, "is that like a display model because the owner is a collector?" - But it was right there, with the other new products. Then Adapt was also there.

Adapt is different type of product. If I recall, it was a multi-surface type of polish. Something you can use on paint, plastics, and I forget what else. But it`s been such a long time, and I`ve never tried it, that I forget the details.

I`m not sure how much it`s discussed. IMO, one of their more popular products is 3D Speed (formerly HD Speed). It was the AIO that users compared other products to. When Blackfire One Step came out, people asked, "How does it compare to Speed?"

I recently brought out Speed, as I was running low on BF One Step, and wanted to make sure I could make the One Step last. So I used Speed on some panels. I was reminded of how nice a product it is. Haven`t used it much since I was using Poorboy`s World Polish w/ Sealant as my go-to.

HD Polish (noting that 3D also made HD) was my preferred polish over Meg`s M205.

Seems the big names all make decent products, with 3D being one of them.
    Wasn`t HD Adapt their `kinda original version of `HD One`? I remember when they announced Adapt was going away I snatched a 32oz...and then never used it. Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

3D HD Adapt is a multi-surface compounding polish that features specially engineered micro abrasives that effortlessly adapt to correct, polish and restore perfection to your vehicle’s delicate clear coat finish. This unique abrasive technology is called Adaptive Abrasive Technology (AAT), and HD Adapt is the only product of its kind to feature this new technology. The amount of cut is completely dependent on the pad and type of machine.
    My inexplicable fascination 32oz bottles was horrifically wasteful.

Post Thanks / Like

Another "big name" product line that I do not see mentioned much is Scholl Concepts. I say this after seeing Merlin use Scholl Concepts Shock 2 Extreme Cut Compound in many of his details. I also know that many professional detailers like ,or perhaps more correctly liked (past tense) their foam pads. Perhaps it is that this product line is not sold by the Autopian Store, or more precisely, the Palm Beach Motoring Group due to its "limited" distributorship. Seems like a good, but slightly more expensive, correcting and polishing product line that competes with its German counterpart Mezerna. I also see that they have a Marine (boating) Line of products as well.
    GB detailer
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve always been interested in Scholl products but they aren`t sold at the places I typically shop. Is the CarPro store the only place? I guess if I knew more about them, or found places to read more about the product line I might be interested.

The fact they offer 8 different polishes doesn`t help me either. I have no idea which one would be the best fit for my needs. At least with 2~3 levels of polishes like most offer, it makes it easier to know what to buy. I`m a simple man.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I`ve always been interested in Scholl products but they aren`t sold at the places I typically shop. Is the CarPro store the only place? I guess if I knew more about them, or found places to read more about the product line I might be interested.

The fact they offer 8 different polishes doesn`t help me either. I have no idea which one would be the best fit for my needs. At least with 2~3 levels of polishes like most offer, it makes it easier to know what to buy. I`m a simple man.
    Another "big name" product line that I do not see mentioned much is Scholl Concepts. I say this after seeing Merlin use Scholl Concepts Shock 2 Extreme Cut Compound in many of his details. I also know that many professional detailers like ,or perhaps more correctly liked (past tense) their foam pads. Perhaps it is that this product line is not sold by the Autopian Store, or more precisely, the Palm Beach Motoring Group due to its "limited" distributorship. Seems like a good, but slightly more expensive, correcting and polishing product line that competes with its German counterpart Mezerna. I also see that they have a Marine (boating) Line of products as well.
    I have used several of the Scholl`s polishes and they work great. The S3 GoldXXL is compound that finishes without needing more work on most paints.

I work close enough to the Car Pro US store to go during lunch to pick up supplies. But as you say, I have not noticed the Scholl`s line at other vendors.

Post Thanks / Like

Danase Products (Good products until Danase Going Out of Business! 40% off)
    ...thanks to who ever posted this.

I used an awesome glaze from this company I can’t remember the name. Now thanks to above forum it’s wet glaze. I always wondered what happened to it.

I also have some Jeff werkstatt products left prime strong I wish I could get Jet still.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skibik View Post
    I did a quick scan/read through of the posts and I see the ones I thought of were mentioned on the first page. Blue Coral AutoFom, I bought this stuff when it came out(actually I would have to check the cupboard to see if the can is still there with a little bit in it) and I thought it was the cats meow. It was easy to apply and it wiped off super easy when it cured and it left a nice gloss.

Nu-Finish, if it wasn`t for the fact that when I bought my Camaro and found that bugs etched the front, then found this site, I would probably still be using it because you could no longer buy AutoFom. I would apply this twice a year even though it says it was a once a year product. It was another one that was easy to apply, you could apply it in the sun with no problem(I had to years ago since I had no garage) and it still comes off easy. I would have no problem getting rid of all these products I bought after starting on the forums here and going back to using Nu-Finish.

Surf City Garage I happened across it at Walmart and bought the QD spray and I thought it was some really good stuff for OTC/ I bought a can of their Carnuba wax for the Camaro when I went to car shows but that was nothing special. Love the smell of it though. At a car show I won a prose to pick and took the 4 product package, the soap was okay, the windshield cleaner was good, the QD was great, can`t remember what the 4 bottle was.

Someone mentioned Wizzards if they were still made. That sounds like the brand of stuff my friend uses and he buys it from Napa.
    the surf city stuff is good I agree for otc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Danase Products (Good products until Danase Going Out of Business! 40% off)
    ...thanks to who ever posted this.
    Bob was the guy who coined my wife`s nickname here: Accumulatorette

Sigh..he and I fell out of touch after he left Autopia

I used an awesome glaze from this company I can’t remember the name. Now thanks to above forum it’s wet glaze. I always wondered what happened to it.
    Wonder if mine is still good...I never tried it and it`s been on the shelf for ages now.

I also have some Jeff werkstatt products left prime strong I wish I could get Jet still.
    Yeah, I`ve heard that their stuff is better than the so-similar Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Wasn`t HD Adapt their `kinda original version of `HD One`? I remember when they announced Adapt was going away I snatched a 32oz...and then never used it. Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...
    Hmm. Not sure. I would say Uno was more like their One. The Adapt was their first with the AAT abrasives. Also, Uno was out like 10 years ago, while Adapt was out like 5-6 years ago. Plus with Adapt, aside from using it with different pads to vary the cut, they also promoted it as a multi surface polish, for things like, "...to virtually any hard surface such as modern base-coat clear-coat paint systems, older single stage lacquer paints, non-plated metals, Lexans, gelcoats & plastics."

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    My inexplicable fascination 32oz bottles was horrifically wasteful.
    OUCH. But, how many of us are on the same boat?? I have a few gallon sized products still new on the shelf. haha. It happens

Another "big name" product line that I do not see mentioned much is Scholl Concepts.
    I`ve heard of it, but never bothered looking into it since you don`t see much about it on the site. On social media, I do see Scholl being used quite a bit. Same thing for Shine Supply, something not really mentioned here but seen often (at least for me) on social media.

Post Thanks / Like

i didn`t go as far as gallon sized stuff but that big bottle(32 oz I think) of Sonax Profiline polish I bought must be 5 years ago that I finally opened the top on and used it, or I should say gooping it on the pads just to use some of it up kind of was a waste of money. I now have no idea what I was thinking buying such a big bottle.
    Dean.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information