Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

Bill D- That`s what everyone always said about it!

I was turned off by the caveat that Blitz would stain trim. I`d already been using M16 since forever, and that does it too, so having found stuff that didn`t (Malm`s and then Souveran) I never even considered the Blitz.

Post Thanks / Like

I used that combo too (IHG with Blitz), and yes, Blitz would stain black trim like crazy.

Using peanut butter and a toothbrush I was able to get some of it out, but there were a couple spots on my car that were never the same...
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don`t care for the idea of using bread to wipe peanut butter off trim. Seems like a hard way to make a sandwich.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    One Grand Blitz wax? Wow, that`s a blast from the past for me!

I love Blitz wax and it was the first "real" detailing product after leaving NuFinish behind. I loved the stuff, but it only lasted about 8 weeks and I was constantly re-waxing my cars. When applied to the silver BMW I owned at the time it would make the paint glow. Not an easy thing to do with silver paint!
    Yes, One Grand. I have a tin of it in my garage. I`ll have to drive by their shop and see if they`re still open.

Post Thanks / Like

A combination from long ago that I liked on my black BMW was Meg`s #5 New Car Glaze (green liquid) topped with Granatize. Grantize is still in business, but I didn`t see their paste wax when I googled them yesterday.

Slax was a grayish liquid and I used to get it at a gas station near me. It had that standard (to me anyway) "petroleum" smell to it.

I didn`t read every post in this thread, but did anyone mention Classic Car past wax or Harley`s?
    Likes Billy Jack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Has anybody here ever used the original Simonize? Like from the days of "Motorists wise, choose Simonize"?

I never did, not after what my mother said about it being so much harder to use than M16 (which was challenging enough for my younger self, who probably tended to use too much product).
    I used a lot of Simonize in the day .It was hard but not that hard if you put it on a small area and wipe off right away. Slax Super x was very good because it filled fine scratches and gave a outstanding gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uzj100 View Post
    A combination from long ago that I liked on my black BMW was Meg`s #5 New Car Glaze (green liquid) topped with Granatize. Grantize is still in business, but I didn`t see their paste wax when I googled them yesterday.

Slax was a grayish liquid and I used to get it at a gas station near me. It had that standard (to me anyway) "petroleum" smell to it.

I didn`t read every post in this thread, but did anyone mention Classic Car past wax or Harley`s?
    Yes, I used this wax when I bought a tin of it at Kmart on closeout in 1996. It was priced at $11.99 marked down to $4.00. Excellent wax for the price I paid.
    That was after I started using the Meg`s Professional Line called Medallion that came in black 16-ounce bottles, as a liquid paint cleaner and and a liquid wax..
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    Slax Super x was very good because it filled fine scratches and gave a outstanding gloss.
    Yes, especially if you applied it back and forth rather than in a circular pattern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uzj100 View Post
    A combination from long ago that I liked on my black BMW was Meg`s #5 New Car Glaze (green liquid) topped with Granatize...
    Ah, good ol` M05! That was my all-time fave glaze/Meg`s Pure Polish! I still have some...other than needing redone every time it got wet, it was perfect IMO (for what it was). I greatly preferred it over it`s relatives M03 (2nd fave)/M07 (least fave)/M81.

..[Super X would hide marring].. especially if you applied it back and forth rather than in a circular pattern.
    Huh, I wonder how that could made a diff?? Can`t for the life of me figure out how it could matter

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A
    I used a lot of Simonize in the day .It was hard but not that hard if you put it on a small area and wipe off right away.
    I bet my mother/aunt let it set up to long, and they probably used too much too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

Huh, I wonder how that could made a diff?? Can`t for the life of me figure out how it could matter
    That was my experience with it and if i recall correctly, those were the product directions of how to apply it.

Post Thanks / Like

uzj100- Huh, that`s a head-scratcher.

Used to be that products that said "straight lines.." were usually abrasive, and they thought that straight (micro?)marring wouldn`t be so obvious. Which is true if you don`t inspect right. Anyhow...I sure never heard of that one!

Post Thanks / Like

Danese Wet Glaze anyone remember this one

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember Danase. Rumored to be a custom blended Chemical Guys product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Danese Wet Glaze anyone remember this one
    Just used some yesterday. 2 coats on a bike and that paint is melting. I still have 5-8 bottles. I bought the last ones from what I recall. Going to have to get rid of some as those will outlast me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamabob View Post
    Just used some yesterday. 2 coats on a bike and that paint is melting. I still have 5-8 bottles. I bought the last ones from what I recall. Going to have to get rid of some as those will outlast me
    That stuff is gold.. I have about 1/4 of a bottle left that I use sparingly !!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information