Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 152
  1. #136

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Hey, does Meguiar`s still make M09 v2.0 Swirl Remover? NO, it won`t really *remove* swirls unless used with maybe a rotary and lots of pressure but it`s OK as a M07 substitute that does better concealing. At one time it was basically M07 + very fine abrasives (to oversimplify), or at least had the same TSO/etc. stuff as M07.

  2. #137

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    When I first started posting here, a product I remember hearing a lot about was TOL Bubble Bath. It was widely considered one of the best soaps money could buy. I remember I bought a bottle and couldn`t figure out what all the fuss was about! Used to could buy it at Pak Shak... is that still a thing??

    I also think about Tropi-Care products quite a bit. I`d love to have some of that just for nostalgia sake.

    Menzerna FMJ used to be really popular, but they`ve obviously updated and replaced that product with Power Lock or whatever it`s called.

    Protect All Quick and Easy Wash. Thanks, ONR!

    Also, a bit random, but one product I REALLY miss is Meg`s NXT Car Wash. That stuff was fantastic, if not a bit harsh.

  3. #138

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I noticed that, too. Actually, that`s the old labeling as well. Back when 3D/HD still had that cursive style font. That`s what caught my eye. Thought to myself, "is that like a display model because the owner is a collector?" - But it was right there, with the other new products. Then Adapt was also there.

    Adapt is different type of product. If I recall, it was a multi-surface type of polish. Something you can use on paint, plastics, and I forget what else. But it`s been such a long time, and I`ve never tried it, that I forget the details.



    I`m not sure how much it`s discussed. IMO, one of their more popular products is 3D Speed (formerly HD Speed). It was the AIO that users compared other products to. When Blackfire One Step came out, people asked, "How does it compare to Speed?"

    I recently brought out Speed, as I was running low on BF One Step, and wanted to make sure I could make the One Step last. So I used Speed on some panels. I was reminded of how nice a product it is. Haven`t used it much since I was using Poorboy`s World Polish w/ Sealant as my go-to.

    HD Polish (noting that 3D also made HD) was my preferred polish over Meg`s M205.

    Seems the big names all make decent products, with 3D being one of them.
    I`m still undecided about 3D One. Its works i just have a hard time with the wipeoff. To be fair it didn`t give me so much grief a few weeks ago on my toyota trunk. But on 2 trashed test panels, it was a bear. Both Sonax Cutmax and Perfect Finish was much less fussy on the black tahoe test panel. I will try it again sometime the spring. Its relatively cheap and i personally really enjoy the soft coconut scent.

    I would say early in the game, for me, 3D One sits in the middle of cutmax and PF.

    Maybe i should try a damp towel. But i doubt i will give up trusty perfect finish for that!

    It does seem to come of easiest with some extra work then i would use PF but again that won`t be an option. 1 small bottle of perfect finish is lasting me forever! 3 pea sized drops thats it for me.

  4. #139
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I`m still undecided about 3D One. Its works i just have a hard time with the wipeoff. To be fair it didn`t give me so much grief a few weeks ago on my toyota trunk. But on 2 trashed test panels, it was a bear. Both Sonax Cutmax and Perfect Finish was much less fussy on the black tahoe test panel. I will try it again sometime the spring. Its relatively cheap and i personally really enjoy the soft coconut scent.

    I would say early in the game, for me, 3D One sits in the middle of cutmax and PF.

    Maybe i should try a damp towel. But i doubt i will give up trusty perfect finish for that!

    It does seem to come of easiest with some extra work then i would use PF but again that won`t be an option. 1 small bottle of perfect finish is lasting me forever! 3 pea sized drops thats it for me.
    Could be a variety of things.

    Somewhat recently I tried Sonax PF for the first time on a Tesla that was going to get coated. It wasn`t getting me the results I wanted and it wasn`t so easy to wipe off. Maybe I used too much? After a couple tries, I stopped, and switched over to 3D One and finished off the car with that. I use a little bit of product with 3d One. I think it took a few tries, too (on prior jobs) to get to a feel for it. It is one of those products that you need to get to know. Once you do, it can be nice. Does it do it all? Not at all. Note, though, that the learning curve for me with One wasn`t that bad. So I ended up picking up a 32 oz bottle after almost finishing the small bottle.

    I will still carry other products with me....just in case.
    Likes noorth liked this post

  5. #140

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Could be a variety of things.

    Somewhat recently I tried Sonax PF for the first time on a Tesla that was going to get coated. It wasn`t getting me the results I wanted and it wasn`t so easy to wipe off. Maybe I used too much? After a couple tries, I stopped, and switched over to 3D One and finished off the car with that. I use a little bit of product with 3d One. I think it took a few tries, too (on prior jobs) to get to a feel for it. It is one of those products that you need to get to know. Once you do, it can be nice. Does it do it all? Not at all. Note, though, that the learning curve for me with One wasn`t that bad. So I ended up picking up a 32 oz bottle after almost finishing the small bottle.

    I will still carry other products with me....just in case.
    I see thanks!

    How would you approach a light to medium paint correction on a toyota that has soft paint? I still secretly want to like 3D one more then PF. I like the company and there simplified product range. Maybe i`m just to hard on 3D one haha!

  6. #141

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    I also used Four Star Products years ago...at that time I lived In Bradenton Fl. and that`s where there warehouse was...Rick was the owner, he might still be ...a nice guy to talk to about his products....and other things...I did like there Ultimate Paint Protection and the spray wax...both products were awesome...

  7. #142

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by TGates View Post
    When I first started posting here, a product I remember hearing a lot about was TOL Bubble Bath...
    I greatly preferred the pink Hi-Temp stuff that they sold, but do remember the BB

    Protect All Quick and Easy Wash. Thanks, ONR!
    Oh man, I thoguht that QEW was awful! Not that I found the earlier ONRs any good either...

  8. #143

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by maurofc70 View Post
    I also used Four Star Products years ago......I did like there Ultimate Paint Protection and the spray wax...both products were awesome...
    I still have both the beige and blue versions of UPP, and the spray version, and their UGE. They`re awfully old now, but still seem to work same as ever. Very pretty, extremely slick, but zero durability and no protection against etching whatsoever (that last point is why I doubt I`ll ever use `em again).

  9. #144

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I think [HD One] took a few tries, too (on prior jobs) to get to a feel for it. It is one of those products that you need to get to know...
    No more of those "Learning Curve" products for me, thank you! I`ll never struggle to use any Detailing stuff again, period. Too many Accumulator-proof alternatives out there to waste resources on such [stuff].

  10. #145
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    How would you approach a light to medium paint correction on a toyota that has soft paint? I still secretly want to like 3D one more then PF. I like the company and there simplified product range. Maybe i`m just to hard on 3D one haha!
    Sorry, but you`ll get the "typical" answer on this one from me: Test spot. Not trying to be [whatever] - but (1) Determine what results you would want for the paint and then (2) do some test spots to see what it takes to get there.

    Me, personally, if it were a daily driver, I`d start with a polishing pad and a light polish like PF or One. Try a few passes, wipe off, and check out results. If you want more improvement, hit it with a few more. On my own Toyota, it`s quite easy to remove swirls. Even a non-abrasive polish on a polish pad makes a nice difference.

    Nothing wrong with wanting to like one product over another! I did similar with coatings recently. I really wanted to like Poorboy`s World Ceramic Coating....and I really did.
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

  11. #146
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,428
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    No more of those "Learning Curve" products for me, thank you! I`ll never struggle to use any Detailing stuff again, period. Too many Accumulator-proof alternatives out there to waste resources on such [stuff].
    I feel the same. I think we mentioned that on some other thread. haha... I don`t remember what made me get 3D One, to be honest. Or Sonax Perfect Finish, for that matter.

    Chances are, yeah it`s coming back to me....I got it for an amazing deal, with triple rewards points to boot. And a small part of me wanting to try something new, as I had been good about not buying a ton of products like I did when I first started detailing. hahaha. Don`t miss those days!
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

  12. #147

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Sorry, but you`ll get the "typical" answer on this one from me: Test spot. Not trying to be [whatever] - but (1) Determine what results you would want for the paint and then (2) do some test spots to see what it takes to get there.

    Me, personally, if it were a daily driver, I`d start with a polishing pad and a light polish like PF or One. Try a few passes, wipe off, and check out results. If you want more improvement, hit it with a few more. On my own Toyota, it`s quite easy to remove swirls. Even a non-abrasive polish on a polish pad makes a nice difference.

    Nothing wrong with wanting to like one product over another! I did similar with coatings recently. I really wanted to like Poorboy`s World Ceramic Coating....and I really did.
    Thanks! yeah my toyota is really easy to remove swirls. Just like to get feedback from people who have been in the trenches much more then me. I enjoy machine polishing that much i`m thinking of some way to build a small garage lol. I would have to use my front lawn which would look very strange or maybe not...
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

  13. #148

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    2,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    OK, I gotta add Oberk to this list of products you don`t hear much about. It`s a "new" line of abrasives I see that is currently being offered at Detailed Image.
    I would have passed over this products line until I saw Autopian All-Star (my assessment) ScottWax made his unexpected return to this forum and posted some of his detailing workmanship. (reference https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...us-couple.html)
    The compound he used was Oberk Supreme Cut. SOOOO, if other Autopians have tried this line of abrasives and pads , I`d like to hear about it.

    Oh yah, I see a few posts back that Loach mentioned Eco-Shine Tire Gloss and that he was going to narrow his highly-objective scientific experiments and assessments down to the tire gel/gloss/shine that he prefers. Cannot wait.
    (my unscientific subjective preference: Optimum Polymer Technology`s Opti-bond Tire Gel, because Autopian All-Star Rasky1 uses and likes it, so I tried it and like it for a matte-look on tires!)
    GB detailer

  14. #149

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    OK, I gotta add Oberk to this list of products you don`t hear much about. It`s a "new" line of abrasives I see that is currently being offered at Detailed Image.
    I would have passed over this products line until I saw Autopian All-Star (my assessment) ScottWax made his unexpected return to this forum and posted some of his detailing workmanship. (reference https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...us-couple.html)
    The compound he used was Oberk Supreme Cut. SOOOO, if other Autopians have tried this line of abrasives and pads , I`d like to hear about it.

    Oh yah, I see a few posts back that Loach mentioned Eco-Shine Tire Gloss and that he was going to narrow his highly-objective scientific experiments and assessments down to the tire gel/gloss/shine that he prefers. Cannot wait.
    (my unscientific subjective preference: Optimum Polymer Technology`s Opti-bond Tire Gel, because Autopian All-Star Rasky1 uses and likes it, so I tried it and like it for a matte-look on tires!)
    Chicagoautopros sell Oberk. They don`t sell a lot of polishes either. First time i ever seen Oberk was on their site a few months ago.

  15. #150

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...

    Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I enjoy machine polishing that much i`m thinking of ...
    Really?!? (You`re not being sarcastic?)
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

 

 
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Products I cant find anymore
    By White lexus 23 in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 11:33 AM
  2. Anybody ever hear of Pro products and Yeager?
    By Mirror Images in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 05:07 PM
  3. Anyone ever hear of these two Sealant products before?
    By longarm in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 04:40 PM
  4. Any one hear of Gliptone products?
    By detailbarn in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2002, 02:43 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2002, 12:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •