Post Thanks / Like

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Meguiars Products From SEMA

I don`t see the Paint coating being a huge seller at that price. Seems out of market for an OTC product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I don`t see the Paint coating being a huge seller at that price. Seems out of market for an OTC product.
    Well, that`s the list price, it will probably be selling for less than that at Wal-Mart, don`t you think? Whatever they sell it for, it will probably be a cheap pickup on the clearance shelf a year from now.

I don`t understand that Hybrid Ceramic Wash and Wax--that you have to mix the wash and the wax together--that really seems like a gimmick, instead of mixing it together for you. I didn`t look into it further to see if they have some rationale for that, either that there a circumstances where you don`t want to use both (in which case you maybe wind up with something leftover you can`t use because you can`t buy them separately), or that they aren`t stable when mixed together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well, that`s the list price, it will probably be selling for less than that at Wal-Mart, don`t you think? Whatever they sell it for, it will probably be a cheap pickup on the clearance shelf a year from now.

I don`t understand that Hybrid Ceramic Wash and Wax--that you have to mix the wash and the wax together--that really seems like a gimmick, instead of mixing it together for you. I didn`t look into it further to see if they have some rationale for that, either that there a circumstances where you don`t want to use both (in which case you maybe wind up with something leftover you can`t use because you can`t buy them separately), or that they aren`t stable when mixed together.
    In the video they say they basically don’t stay stable together and mixing the two parts together per use makes for more protection left behind.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote from above link:
    "Both Meguiar and competitor Chemical Guy have told Car and Driver that they`ve experienced increases in sales and interest in DIY car care products this year as car enthusiasts like us have been home-bound due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Not only is car detailing a great way to kill time until we can get back to track days and in-person Cars and Coffee events, doing car care at home is cheaper than hiring a professional detailer."

Some things are better left to professionals. You want professional results, hire a detailing professional.
    This coming from Captain Obvious, a true hypocrite and DIY at-home detailing hack who buys and uses Meguiar`s products almost exclusively!!!

Really "disappointed" with the lack of a Graphene-based product offering from Meg`s. Yes, it IS the next big-thing in detailing.
    GB detailer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think "next gimmick" is more accurate.
    Likes Stokdgs, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think "next gimmick" is more accurate.
    Yea, the whole "gotta use a special 2 sided wash mitt" to activate the Sio2 had me raise an eyebrow
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    Yea, the whole "gotta use a special 2 sided wash mitt" to activate the Sio2 had me raise an eyebrow
    Ha, yeah, forgot to mention that, that was a little silly, along with the implication that the mitt was specially developed in conjunction with the wash, when I`ve had media like that for a more than a decade.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m excited for these to hit the online store where I work so I can get it super cheap, but that’s a good year away. The Ceramic liquid wax and ceramic detailer just showed up and I have some on the way and will get a good coat on just in time for winter!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep they should rethink that price

Thread Information