Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s New Pro Detailer Line Ready-To-Use (RTU) Products

Well, I see that Meguiar`s is getting smart and offering hobbyist the change to buy some of their Pro Detailer Line products in a ready-to-use (RTU) 32 ounce spray bottle. These are:
    Citrus Power Cleaner Plus APC (Yes, the All-Purpose Cleaner that was discontinued) DRTU10732
    Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner DRTU14332
    Iron Removing Spray "Clay" DRTU200232
    Hyper Dressing Trim & Tire Protectant DRTU17032

It does not say what the dilution ratios are pre-mixed to for the Citrus Power Clean Plus APC, Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner, or the Hyper Dressing.
    The Iron Removing Spray "Clay", I assume, is "similar" to their gallon-sized D1801 Wheel and Piant Iron Decon, BUT with a different base number, its formulation may unique for the RTU application.

So here is your chance to try out some of the Meg`s Pro Detailer Line without having to invest in a full gallon. Granted, it is more expensive per ounce, but for hobbyists who only have a few cars to take care of, this may be just what you are looking for.
    Personally, I wish Megs would do this to more products of the Pro Detailer Line, but I am sure this is a marketing experiment just to test the waters.

I did see these on the shelf at AutoZone, so if you need them or want them immediately, they are available over-the-counter.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar`s New Pro Detailer Line Ready-To-Use (RTU) Products

Good deal. Thanks for the heads up!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Harbor Freight has a few Megs Pro products on the shelf including #21 sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I love how good hyper dressing looks. This thread also makes me miss ADS and their sample sizes.
    Likes dcjredline liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Autozone last night actually for something all together different and ran across those items....kind of did a double take. Ended up getting a bottle of the non-acid wheel cleaner only because I wanted to try it out. I usually buy in gallons size containers so this was 100% a impulse buy. But at $14/bottle it won`t happen again, next time it will be the gallon size and just reuse the spray bottle.

Did a late night wash of the wheels/tires and it did seem to do a great job on several weeks or unwashed wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Having used the Gallon-sized D143 Non-Acid Wheel and Tire Cleaner myself as a "safe", but effective wheel cleaner alternative to using Meg`s Detailer acid-based D140 Wheel Brightener, I hope those of you who try the RTU formulation find it works as well as its gallon-sized "big brother". I dilute the D143 to the label-suggested 3:1 ratio for my use and I do find it effective in that dilution ration . Like I said above, I did not call or text-chat with the Meg`s Customer Hotline to find out what the RTU dilution ratios are.
    I know some of you question "why pay for something that is mostly water already" and I will not dis that economic thinking. However, there is a price to pay for convenience and acceptable-smaller quantity size for the occasional-use hobbyist detailer who may like (or want) an RTU bottle.

I am REALLY interested in how the Citrus All-Purpose Cleaner AND Iron Removing Spray "Clay" works, so if any of you Autopians try either of these products, let us (me) know of your experiences.

I do find it ironic that the consumer version G13616 Quik-Interior Detailer that so many of you use and like has made its way into the Pro Detailer Line as D14901 in the gallon size.

As a side note, I must say I am a long-time and loyal Meguiar`s products user and have used their OTC consumer Ultimate, Professional Mirror Glaze (and early Mirror Brite made in Tennessee!), and Pro Detailer lines. Anyone who has been involved in detailing as long as I have probably will say the same thing and find that they have the widest range of car-care and specific detailing task products for the hobbyist and professional alike that are effective and value-priced.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

D143 dilution is up to 2:1. No mention of not using it full strength.

I bet the RTU 32oz bottle is full strength as diluting it is optional.

Thread Information