Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

Just got a bottle of this from Amazon and excited to apply. Before I do, any useful tips from people who have tried? Any recent reviews or testimonials to level set my expectations?

My paint is clean, however I did just apply P&S Bead Maker yesterday. Not sure if that will effect the performance.
    2016 Nissan Pathfinder: Family Hauler
    2020 Nissan Rouge: Home Depot Hauler
    2009 Audi R8: Ass Hauler
    2017 Jayco X17Z - Camp Gear Hauler

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

Yeah id say youd wanna strip any wax you have on the car. Not familiar with this coating, but typically you need to be down to clean, bare paint.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

BM will affect performance I’m sure. But you can always try it. TW is cheap and there’s a lot of product in that bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Bead Maker is not very durable..just do an IPA wipe down and apply TWCC.

Post Thanks / Like

Because I am lazy and think IPA is a beer, I went ahead and just put it on. First impressions were that it is was super grabby, even over the BM just applied yesterday. And the garage smelled very chemical like an hour after the application, so much so that I had to vent the garage. Overall, not too hard to apply but takes some effort to avoid streaking and a few more microfiber towels than normal to buff clean. I`ll let it cure for 24 hours and post some pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madflava View Post
    Because I am lazy and think IPA is a beer, I went ahead and just put it on. First impressions were that it is was super grabby, even over the BM just applied yesterday. And the garage smelled very chemical like an hour after the application, so much so that I had to vent the garage. Overall, not too hard to apply but takes some effort to avoid streaking and a few more microfiber towels than normal to buff clean. I`ll let it cure for 24 hours and post some pics.
    I don’t believe the grabby and streaking would be as bad on a bare surface. Interested in how it looks/feels after curing.

Post Thanks / Like

Apply it SPARINGLY!!!!

I don`t usually use a full trigger pull when applying and I keep the nozzle about 3 feet away from the panel when applying to the top surfaces and about 1-1/2 feet from the sides so only a LIGHT mist is applied to the surface. Take a clean, dry folded microfiber and going one section at a time, buff the product in, then immediately flip the microfiber and buff off any remaining product. If/when your microfiber starts to get damp, switch to another clean, dry one.

It only took one microfiber for me to do my whole Camaro, and by the time I was finished, it was just getting damp enough where I would have switched to a new one if I had any car left to do, or if I had decided to do an immediate second coat (for coverage purposes).

One thing I noticed about the TW Ceramic Spray Coating is that it seems to like LOW humidity and flashes faster and cleaner when the humidity is down and temps are not boiling ... at least in my experience.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes tom p., madflava, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just started messing with it last week as my TW Seal and Shine was empty. So far it`s pretty straightforward. Clean prepped surface. One microfiber to apply and one for a final wipe down.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Love the product! As stated above 1-2 sprays per panel! If you have streaking, a damp MF will remove any high spots. Maintain it with their WET WAX as you dry after washing.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes madflava, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips fellas. 24 hours later, here she is. Unfortunately, it`s raining outside and the light isn`t great, but what I can see up close, it looks and feels like there is a glass coating on the paint. I`m going to do a second coat right now because it is easy and therapeutic! Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20200612_145240.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Loach, tom p., iBookmaster liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

....Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20200612_145207-.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Sick R8 you got there. It does look glassy, nice work!
    Likes madflava liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just got some myself. Hopefully this will be what the Mother`s product wasn`t for me. I already love the TW hybrid spray and shine (black bottle).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Apply it SPARINGLY!!!!

I don`t usually use a full trigger pull when applying and I keep the nozzle about 3 feet away from the panel when applying to the top surfaces and about 1-1/2 feet from the sides so only a LIGHT mist is applied to the surface. Take a clean, dry folded microfiber and going one section at a time, buff the product in, then immediately flip the microfiber and buff off any remaining product. If/when your microfiber starts to get damp, switch to another clean, dry one.

It only took one microfiber for me to do my whole Camaro, and by the time I was finished, it was just getting damp enough where I would have switched to a new one if I had any car left to do, or if I had decided to do an immediate second coat (for coverage purposes).

One thing I noticed about the TW Ceramic Spray Coating is that it seems to like LOW humidity and flashes faster and cleaner when the humidity is down and temps are not boiling ... at least in my experience.
    This X2....... Same as machine polishing, 2`-3` section at a time, using a couple light sprays, as usual I start at the roof........I did a 2nd coat after 24hrs......

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agreed on the sparingly part. It became less important on the second coat though - perhaps because it didn`t have as much to grab to.

Here it is after 2 coats (24 hours in between). Upon first sunlight, it had a more silvery tone to it and didn`t necessarily pop. But after a drive in the sun and letting it "bake" a little, it actually became more glossy. Anyway, for the price and the ease of use, I recommend the product. I even did all the pastics, door jams, engine bay & carbon fiber - it was so easy. Anyway, hope this and the other advice helps in this thread.Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20200614_141433-resize.jpg
    Likes Loach, iBookmaster liked this post

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information