Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

Ok, I’m going to say this and it’s not flame worthy IMO:
    I used TW Wet Wax a month ago as a drying aid on top of base CanCoat and I wasn’t impressed beyond any other drying aid I had been using over the months (ceramic QD or WaxedShine AquaBoost or even Mckees Fast Wax).

This was only one use, not used as a system, and there may have still been wax from a 2 week prior Fast Wax drying aid. So not ideal. But I wonder if it also excelled best as part of a system (@Dr. Oldz may have experience external from the system). Or it could be leftover wax which Wet @Wax” didn’t like.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Ok, I’m going to say this and it’s not flame worthy IMO:
    I used TW Wet Wax a month ago as a drying aid on top of base CanCoat and I wasn’t impressed beyond any other drying aid I had been using over the months (ceramic QD or WaxedShine AquaBoost or even Mckees Fast Wax).

This was only one use, not used as a system, and there may have still been wax from a 2 week prior Fast Wax drying aid. So not ideal. But I wonder if it also excelled best as part of a system (@Dr. Oldz may have experience external from the system). Or it could be leftover wax which Wet @Wax” didn’t like.
    Quit stalling.... try Hydrate. That with a PFM.... one of my favorite things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Lol. NuFinish lasts through 52 car washes according to the 30+ year old commercials.

Those sort of tests are eye rollers. Yes it lasts for that long but how long does it last with the sun pounding on it and rain and birds and road grime....

I`m just glad TW got their act together. Meguiars and Mother`s are asleep at the wheel.
    I personally take any of the meguiars ceramic equivalents overcthe TWHS comparable products (haven’t tried the M27, spray coating equivalent).

The ceramic QD is as good or better than CP Ech20 just not as cost effective. Meguiars even offers a try coating.... I feel of the mass consumer products Meguiars is leading the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Quit stalling.... try Hydrate. That with a PFM.... one of my favorite things.
    I’m going to try Hydrate... as soon as a few more other gallons get used up here...

And when I do, I’m going to PM Coatings=crack first thing to let you know, before my first post!
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Does this TW product darken black trim around mirrors and windows?

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed a slight darken effect on my trim. Like I applied a trim product. A good thing. Stated it can be used on all exterior surfaces. And yes, my trim beads.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I think for me, I had higher expectations for TW. It certainly looks nice, but I didn`t care for the water behaviour. For the $15 or so, it`s alright, but the product wasn`t for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    I think for me, I had higher expectations for TW. It certainly looks nice, but I didn`t care for the water behaviour. For the $15 or so, it`s alright, but the product wasn`t for me.
    So what is better at that price point?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    I think for me, I had higher expectations for TW. It certainly looks nice, but..
    Heh heh, I gotta chuckle over an Autopian having higher expectations for a product from TW! I`m just glad they`re doing well enough to be worthy of our serious consideration. It wasn`t all that long ago that anything from TW was treated like a joke.
    Likes acuRAS82, dwaleke, dervdave liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    So what is better at that price point?
    Griots Ceramic 3-1. Taking the ultra expensive sio2 sealants/toppers out of the equation I’d pit this up against anything.

Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Griots Ceramic 3-1. Taking the ultra expensive sio2 sealants/toppers out of the equation I’d pit this up against anything.
    Why am I thinking that had somehow been disappointing?

Eh, I`m not gonna go SEARCHing but I thought there was some kind of, uhm...something negative. Or am I misremembering?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Why am I thinking that had somehow been disappointing?

Eh, I`m not gonna go SEARCHing but I thought there was some kind of, uhm...something negative. Or am I misremembering?
    You’re right. While it is decently durable like their Poly Wax the water behavior isn’t as good as others. If you want to try a spray on SiO2 sealant that works on panel, trim and glass... pulls minor water spots and boosts ceramic coatings... try a bottle of Nanolex SiSplash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    You’re right. While it is decently durable like their Poly Wax the water behavior isn’t as good as others...
    Ah yeah, that`s it! Thanks for jogging my memory

If you want to try a spray on SiO2 sealant that works on panel, trim and glass... pulls minor water spots and boosts ceramic coatings... try a bottle of Nanolex SiSplash.
    I sure won`t be trying any such stuff, but that`s still great info to reinforce as products like that are perfect for a lot of people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick update: After several hundred miles, it was time for a wash. I noticed that it repelled dust & dirt quite well even to the point that I was able to use my leaf blower to "dust" the car between drives. It never saw rain, but I went ahead and washed it using my Griots wash and there was clearly lots of beading as expected. After drying, it still felt like it had a layer of glass on it - super smooth just like it was freshly waxed. I then attempted to put another coat on and was met by some streaking on the hood. Maybe it was the 4 beers I just had or humidity outside, so I wiped it down and just used Bead Maker. So, not sure what happened there, perhaps just getting too greedy with the coating since it is so easy to use. After my 5th beer, I noticed that my white refrigerator in my garage looked a little dull. So I applied the TW Ceramic Spray Coating to it and it looks amazing. I probably have the best looking Fridge on the block now. Thanks for reading.
    2016 Nissan Pathfinder: Family Hauler
    2020 Nissan Rouge: Home Depot Hauler
    2009 Audi R8: Ass Hauler
    2017 Jayco X17Z - Camp Gear Hauler
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madflava View Post
    Quick update: After several hundred miles, it was time for a wash. I noticed that it repelled dust & dirt quite well even to the point that I was able to use my leaf blower to "dust" the car between drives. It never saw rain, but I went ahead and washed it using my Griots wash and there was clearly lots of beading as expected. After drying, it still felt like it had a layer of glass on it - super smooth just like it was freshly waxed. I then attempted to put another coat on and was met by some streaking on the hood. Maybe it was the 4 beers I just had or humidity outside, so I wiped it down and just used Bead Maker. So, not sure what happened there, perhaps just getting too greedy with the coating since it is so easy to use. After my 5th beer, I noticed that my white refrigerator in my garage looked a little dull. So I applied the TW Ceramic Spray Coating to it and it looks amazing. I probably have the best looking Fridge on the block now. Thanks for reading.
    I think the TW Ceramic Spray is robust to be applied regularly, I think that’s why they have the wash, 3-in-1 and Wet Wax.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information