Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

and here it is after "baking" in the sun after taking my 5 year old out for ice cream.Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating-20200614_154724-resize.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Nissan Pathfinder: Family Hauler
    2020 Nissan Rouge: Home Depot Hauler
    2009 Audi R8: Ass Hauler
    2017 Jayco X17Z - Camp Gear Hauler

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking, madflava! This stuff seems to have nice bang for the buck. Keep us updated as time goes by, if you could?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Nice looking, madflava! This stuff seems to have nice bang for the buck. Keep us updated as time goes by, if you could?
    You got it!
    2016 Nissan Pathfinder: Family Hauler
    2020 Nissan Rouge: Home Depot Hauler
    2009 Audi R8: Ass Hauler
    2017 Jayco X17Z - Camp Gear Hauler

Post Thanks / Like

I`m glad you liked it, but I wasn`t. I did a full prep and wipe down before applying. The gloss is nice, but I don`t like the water behaviour, and it seems to last only a few weeks at a time. I`ve got it being tested with a few other LSP, and it`s in last place for me against IGL Premier and Polish Angel Viking Spritz. For the cost, I`d rather use Beadmaker over TW. Ease of use and the sickness from BM win it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    I`m glad you liked it, but I wasn`t. I did a full prep and wipe down before applying. The gloss is nice, but I don`t like the water behaviour, and it seems to last only a few weeks at a time. I`ve got it being tested with a few other LSP, and it`s in last place for me against IGL Premier and Polish Angel Viking Spritz. For the cost, I`d rather use Beadmaker over TW. Ease of use and the sickness from BM win it for me.
    Interesting! I’ve got a test that includes TW and IGL as well, and some others. Haven’t pulled the car out of the garage yet but we’ll see if it fairs any better on my paint. Losing to Premiere and Viking Sprits is no embarrassment, but lasting only a few weeks with poor behavior would be disappointing. Lots of people using this stuff so there should be more info going around soon, hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my first exposure and application of the products...

TW Hybrid Solutions Afternoon detail.

I have noticed no drop off of protection. But wanted to note I am using the WET WAX to maintain the coating. I do not use their soap. Understand it has a crazy dilution ratio. I use the WAX SHOP cherry foam soap. I have also used the TW 3-1 detailer. I had no issues with it. I really don`t have a use for a WW or detailer tho. I wash weekly. So I use it for quick touch up`s or door jambs after a wash. I have found the system I used pretty much bomb proof. And to be honest the truck never looked better.

1. P&W
    2. 1-2 Coats of the sprat coating.
    3. Maintain with WET WAX after washing. (Drying aid)
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes madflava liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What specific manufacturer(s) and type(s) of microfiber are some of you using to wipe this HS-CS off with?? I assume you then wash & rinse out these microfibers immediately with some type of APC/de-greaser/detergent OR do you wash them immediately in the washing machine to remove the ceramic product from the microfiber(s).

On a related note, I did apply Hybrid Solution`s Polish and Wax to our 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic Taurus, using a PC-DA and 4" Red Hydro-Tech Lake County Pads (ultra fine polishing). It did take out some of the finer swirls, but I did do this rather fast and over a larger area than recommended on the label directions. Still not bad for a $15.00 bottle. Gloss was OK. My intent was to buy the Hybrid Solution Ceramic Spray sometime soon and apply it over this P&W after it cures for the recommended 24 hours, hence my questions about microfiber wipe-off and "thank you" Don with the Camaro for the application tips!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    What specific manufacturer(s) and type(s) of microfiber are some of you using to wipe this HS-CS off with?? I assume you then wash & rinse out these microfibers immediately with some type of APC/de-greaser/detergent OR do you wash them immediately in the washing machine to remove the ceramic product from the microfiber(s).
    I’ve only used this on a single panel, so only a few sprays worth. But I put the towel into some water with microfiber cleaner, rinsed it out later that night, then put it in my dirty pile until washing. The towel seemed fine... but again, it was only a bit of product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    The TW water behaviour is typically quite flat and is a sheeting product. If you are thinking it`s failed because it is sheeting, then that won`t be the case. If it genuinely has failed, then it has lasted much less time than all other properly applied examples I`m aware of.
    Good old ADHD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
    The TW water behaviour is typically quite flat and is a sheeting product. If you are thinking it`s failed because it is sheeting, then that won`t be the case. If it genuinely has failed, then it has lasted much less time than all other properly applied examples I`m aware of.
    “Deliver unmatched hydrophobicity & ceramic protection that will last a minimum of 6 months”

This is off of TW’s website. Unmatched Hydrophobicity would mean a great beading product. If yours is sheeting it is bad or just not a great product.

If it was a sheeting product the would have said unmatched hydrophilics....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I know that`s what they say, but in reality the Spray Coating just isn`t a very hydrophobic product. This can be improved upon by using the whole range of Hybrid Ceramic products to wash\rinse\top up the product as you dry your car. These products are more hydrophobic and work well with the base sealant.

It`s a bit cheeky from Turtlewax though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Good old ADHD.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that the Ceramic Spray coating gets noticeably slicker with the 2nd coat. (P&W base + 24 hours, Spray Ceramic + 24 hours, Spray Ceramic + 24 hours = SLICK, glossy & deep)
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
    I know that`s what they say, but in reality the Spray Coating just isn`t a very hydrophobic product. This can be improved upon by using the whole range of Hybrid Ceramic products to wash\rinse\top up the product as you dry your car. These products are more hydrophobic and work well with the base sealant.

It`s a bit cheeky from Turtlewax though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    True, TW isn’t the first to provide flashy descriptions that may exceed the reality. It’s pretty much expected with most brands and products. That’s why we are lucky and have this forum to hear real life testimonials.
    Likes Oneheadlite, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beading on mine is insane. When I flood rinse after a wash, and get ready to apply the wet wax, the water just sheets off.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

If you have used the Wet Wax, this lasts a decent while and is more hydrophobic. It is probably that which is providing the improved hydrophobics, over and above the Spray Coating just by itself.
    Likes acuRAS82, Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information