Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leatherette conditioner?

Quote Originally Posted by Sprzout1977 View Post
    As for the interior detailer, I`ll look at the Griot`s too - the fact that you said it doesn`t make the steering wheel sticky/slippery is a BIG thing for me. I had an `84 Ford F-150 I used to drive when I was 16, and my dad put a steering wheel cover on it because the steering wheel got that sticky, nasty feel on it when he put some sort of cleaner on it (It might have been ArmorAll or TurtleWax or some other concoction that was big in the late 80`s/early 90`s) and the stickiness never went away..
    Note that the wrong stuff can really mess with steering wheels, even the wrong hand cream can utterly ruin them.

That said, neither of my Interior QDs (1Z and Meguiar`s, haven`t tried the GG yet) have ever caused stickiness or other issues, not once.

Glad you`re at least looking at the Wet Okole (gee, I did spell it right!) seat covers. I really *had* forgotten how pricey they are..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I still get hung up on the "how to prep for a redo" when it comes to Interior Coatings...and I`d worry that if I botched up the application it`d be a bear to sort out.

Are those valid concerns in your opinion?
    I’m going to use Gyeon hybrid that has good reviews. Suppose to be self leveling just apply no wipe off. As for reapplying what i’ve gotten and not sure if its right but just re apply when protection fades.

I used PBL leather and Vinyl for rest of interior and would have no problem using on seats if I hadnt have bought the Gyeon at same time. it’s not like a ceramic coating. I just wiped in to panels and left a like new matte appearance. I’t lasts months so probably apply every 4 months. Just apply on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Note that the wrong stuff can really mess with steering wheels, even the wrong hand cream can utterly ruin them.

That said, neither of my Interior QDs (1Z and Meguiar`s, haven`t tried the GG yet) have ever caused stickiness or other issues, not once.

Glad you`re at least looking at the Wet Okole (gee, I did spell it right!) seat covers. I really *had* forgotten how pricey they are..
    LOL it`s all good with the spelling. If I, on the other hand, misspelled "Okole", my grandmother would rise up out of her grave and beat my "Okole" - she was Hawaiian Chinese, born and raised for most of her life in Hilo and Honolulu, and was in Hilo the day Pearl Harbor was bombed. Mispronouncing or misspelling Hawaiian words would have her haunting me for a while. LOL

The Wet Okole seat covers look nice, and I`m sure they`re worth the price, but it`s a "gulp" moment for price. Good to know too, that the 1Z and Meg`s products seem to be clean/not sticky - I do NOT want that gummy, sticky, "taffy combined with wet Jolly Rancher" feel ever again when I grab a steering wheel!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sprzout1977 View Post
    LOL it`s all good with the spelling. If I, on the other hand, misspelled "Okole", my grandmother would rise up out of her grave and beat my "Okole" - she was Hawaiian Chinese, born and raised for most of her life in Hilo and Honolulu, and was in Hilo the day Pearl Harbor was bombed. Mispronouncing or misspelling Hawaiian words would have her haunting me for a while. LOL..
    Heh heh, I got a genuine kick out of reading that! Your late grandmother sounds like one interesting lady.

.. I do NOT want that gummy, sticky, "taffy combined with wet Jolly Rancher" feel ever again when I grab a steering wheel!
    Heh heh#2, I also got a kick out of that reference!

And yeah/sigh regarding the cost of those seatcovers...maybe the vinyl won`t be so bad after all..you can always just drape a big towel over `em or get some kind of quick on/off seatcover (I got mine at Deluth Trading Co.) like one might use if wearing dirty work clothes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information