Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Gtechniq CSL/EXO vs Kamikaze Miyabi/ISM

Gtechniq CSL/EXO vs Kamikaze Miyabi/ISM? If you had to choose, what would you do? Gtechinq comes out a little cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gtechniq CSL/EXO vs Kamikaze Miyabi/ISM

What are your goals with the coating?

What properties of a coating are more important to you?

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly longevity. Then protection, then looks. I guess ease of use would also be important. I use Gtechniq now, it’s pretty solid. My truck sits in the sun mostly. Need solid protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiidude View Post
    Gtechniq CSL/EXO vs Kamikaze Miyabi/ISM? If you had to choose, what would you do? Gtechinq comes out a little cheaper.
    Have used both and for me, Kamikaze without a doubt. While CSL is a pretty tough customer, I found EXO to be a bit weak, faded somewhat quickly.

CarPro Cquartz UK + Gliss V2 did better for me than CSL/EXO as well.

The one time I liked CSL was when I used Gyeon CanCoat on top of it. Was far better overall for me than CSL + EXO.

Very subjective topic though so YMMV. Gtechniq CSL/EXO vs Kamikaze Miyabi/ISM
    Likes acuRAS82, dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I had a tough experience with Miyabi. Applied the second coat and it was hell to buff off. Was also extremely difficult to remove all the high spots I ended up with. Rotary, Menzerna 300, MF pads, SurBuf pads on the Rupes... you name it I threw it at them and still couldn’t get all of them.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

I have only tried csl and exo of the coatings you mentioned. Cquartz Uk without gliss did better for me than csl and exo. Cquartz Uk if your willing to through that in mix.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so now it’s:
    csl/exo vs Miyabi/ism vs cquatz/gliss.

cquartz seems more affordable than miyabi.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so now it’s:

I haven`t used Kamikaze but between Cquartz UK 3.0 and CSL/Exo, I would reach for Cquartz before the other. Even stand alone the CQUK 3.0 will outperform the CSL/Exo combo. I did not like CSL as a stand alone. It is a sheeting type coating but it lacks in self cleaning. Exo adds the hyrdophobic`s and self cleaning. The Gtechniq duo is still pretty good.

From a slickness standpoint CQUK 3.0 by itseldoes not compare to the Gtechniq duo or even them by themselves. This is why people like to add Gliss. To get slickness on top of the other attributes it adds.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve only used CQUK3 and ordered it and almost pumted using it when i read about Kamikaze products. Nothing but great things.

Can say honestly though i have no regrets i didn’t. I did 2 coats 3.0 and 1 coat Gyeon Cancoat and have been thoroughly happy. Performed well for 13 months and recently applied another coat of GyCC. Wasn’t needed but i have it so i used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Aaron37 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so now it’s:

I have used all 3. I apply CSL/EXO on a lot of customers cars. The feedback has been very positive. I did apply CSL/EXO to my mothers vehicle that is mostly garaged but pretty much always dirty. Thanks to COVID it still has its snow tires on so when I swap those these week I will give it a wash and see how it is still performing. I believe it`s been about 1.5-2 years since I applied it and I`m not sure if it has been washed yet. It`s usually pretty easy to apply and looks good.

I have used Kamikaze on my wife`s car and on customers. Miyabi/ISM and Zipang/Miyabi combo. Miyabi/ISM was pretty easy to work with and performance has been good but on my wife`s daily driver which is garaged at night the hood has some issues going on that I`m not sure what is causing it. This car will be sold soon so I`m not that concerned but it happened after about a 1-1.5 years.
    Zipang/Miyabi I had major issues with and tried it to reapply several times polishing it off each time because it was leaving visible application marks. After repeated attempts to correct, with some guidance from the retailer, and buying a second bottle of Zipang, I was eventually blown off by the retailer, so I will no longer buy Zipang and am currently no longer purchasing anything from the retailer. I also noticed they no longer suggest the 3 layers on the website so maybe I wasn`t the only one with this issue.

Recently I applied CKUK3.0 x 2 topped with Gliss and it was very easy to use and so far has been performing well on my wife`s new car. It`s only been about 7 months and most of that was spent hibernating in the garage. So I cannot comment too much but I plan on using this combo on more vehicles.

Honestly, I don`t think you can go wrong with any of them.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
    I have used all 3. I apply CSL/EXO on a lot of customers cars. The feedback has been very positive. I did apply CSL/EXO to my mothers vehicle that is mostly garaged but pretty much always dirty. Thanks to COVID it still has its snow tires on so when I swap those these week I will give it a wash and see how it is still performing. I believe it`s been about 1.5-2 years since I applied it and I`m not sure if it has been washed yet. It`s usually pretty easy to apply and looks good.

I have used Kamikaze on my wife`s car and on customers. Miyabi/ISM and Zipang/Miyabi combo. Miyabi/ISM was pretty easy to work with and performance has been good but on my wife`s daily driver which is garaged at night the hood has some issues going on that I`m not sure what is causing it. This car will be sold soon so I`m not that concerned but it happened after about a 1-1.5 years.
    Zipang/Miyabi I had major issues with and tried it to reapply several times polishing it off each time because it was leaving visible application marks. After repeated attempts to correct, with some guidance from the retailer, and buying a second bottle of Zipang, I was eventually blown off by the retailer, so I will no longer buy Zipang and am currently no longer purchasing anything from the retailer. I also noticed they no longer suggest the 3 layers on the website so maybe I wasn`t the only one with this issue.

Recently I applied CKUK3.0 x 2 topped with Gliss and it was very easy to use and so far has been performing well on my wife`s new car. It`s only been about 7 months and most of that was spent hibernating in the garage. So I cannot comment too much but I plan on using this combo on more vehicles.

Honestly, I don`t think you can go wrong with any of them.

Oh man on spending that kinda money on zipang and having issue. That stinks.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks you guys. Much to think on. I do have quite a bit of experience with gtechniq already so maybe it might be best to stick with it. If anything I do want to give cquartz a shot. Cancoat has been on my to try list. Maybe I`ll give that a shot. CSL is much easier to apply than EXO so CSL + cancoat sounds interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

CQUK3 with Cancoat. You’ll love it

Likes Aaron37 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Oh man on spending that kinda money on zipang and having issue. That stinks.
    That`s what really pissed me off. I bought two Zipangs. If I ever decide it is worth wasting money on again I would probably just apply one Zipang coat and not layer it with miyabi.

thanks you guys. Much to think on. I do have quite a bit of experience with gtechniq already so maybe it might be best to stick with it. If anything I do want to give cquartz a shot. Cancoat has been on my to try list. Maybe I`ll give that a shot. CSL is much easier to apply than EXO so CSL + cancoat sounds interesting.
    Give it a try and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    CQUK3 with Cancoat. You’ll love it

I have a new to me car I purchased for a daily and when I finally have time to detail it I`m debating what to use. Perhaps I will try this combo.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like

Now that it`s over a year later how is/did it hold up? Or do you have something else on the vehicle now?

Just applied the same combo to my truck and applied just 2 layers of Cancoat to my brothers truck. I`m curious to see how they`ll perform over our fairly harsh northern Canadian winter. I`m just debating if I should install the same combo on my wife`s car as I have some Cancoat left over or if I should try NV Nova EVO or Kamikaze ISM.

Before you applied the second coat of cancoat, did you do an IPA wipe down after your decon wash? I`ve read conflicting things on this but it makes more sense to me to use carpro eraser or gyeon prep before applying Cancoat a year later as it shouldn`t hurt the CQUK 3.0. Correct me if I`m wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information