Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glass Cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like

Glass Cleaner?

So, it`s been a while since I`ve been doing some proper detailing - what I had was a bunch of Stoner`s and/or Meguiar`s NXT Glass cleaner.

Well, Stoner`s still seems to be available, but now I see a "Perfect Clarity" with Meguiar`s, and I`ve no idea how it compares to the older NXT Glass cleaner that I used to use and seems to have been discontinued.

I`m familiar with the different methods used to clean glass, and I`ve found varying processes that work best depending on temp and surface cleanliness, so that`s not an issue - I just know I`ve never found stuff like Windex to work and I don`t want the ammonia stripping off the tinting for windows.

I may be opening a can of worms by asking about this, but has anyone got any suggestions for new product that I should be using? I`m willing to give something a shot, but I don`t want to spend a ton for a huge bottle of it at the start...Anyone have anything they can point to?

(oh, and I`ve had issues buying stuff from Chemical Guys - my personal issues, so I`m not willing to consider them - but if anyone has anything else they can recommend I`m open to it)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass Cleaner?

I’ve always had great luck with Adam’s Glass Cleaner, and they just revised the formula, that is supposed to be mind blowing! Mine has been ordered and is enroute,
    Should have it soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Scrapyard, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A little while back car pros clarify came out and got stellar reviews, glass towels are popular too. If i do try something new it will be those products as everything else I’ve used from them has been top notch.

Right now tho I use stoners aerosol and a griots glass towel followed up with a slightly damp Zep cloth and have zero issues with streaking. I doubt i could get my glass any cleaner.

Likes John U, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    A slightly damp Zep cloth and have zero issues with streaking. I doubt i could get my glass any cleaner.
    I second that type of towel.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the Sonax glass cleaner. Really good at pulling oily residue type stuff off, and leaves it streak free clean without a lot of fuss. Good stuff.
    2018 Acura TLX ASpec

Post Thanks / Like

magic eraser

Post Thanks / Like

Just as re-tired posted, magic eraser used with soapy water, then wipe dry with microfiber towel. Then apply invisible glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone using Wolfstein`s Zap Clothes for cleaning windows?? https://www.autopia-carcare.com/zap-...l#.XtUFplVKj3g

Here the link to a thread from February 2018 on window cleaners:
    Best glass cleaner?
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I’m kind of a glass cleaner nerd. Some people are into waxes or coatings I’m into glass cleaners and coating toppers. My all time favorite is Nexzett Glass Cleaner. It’s strong and can be diluted and at $7.99 a bottle it’s relatively inexpensive. I also like Sonax Glass Cleaner. It is a bit milder and not concentrated but it will cut through bug guts and dirt very well. Stoners foaming glass cleaner is great for inside use since it “sticks” and doesn’t run and drip. All three will get the job done and I have not had streaking problems with any of the three.

The towel you use is important too. I prefer a waffle weave microfiber towel since it grabs more stuff and holds more cleaner. Some folks spray the cloth and others spray the glass. I normally spray the glass on exteriors and spray the cloth on interiors. I spray the cloth on interiors to cut down on overspray. Some people wash their glass towels separately from their other detailing towels to cut down on cross contamination, I don’t, but I if you have enough towels it probably a good idea as streaking can come from other products on your glass towel. I’m a nerd.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve started using just straight up 91% IPA on glass. Both the car and in the house. A lot less fuss to me.
    Making someone else happy, is one of the best feelings.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I`ll just be using up my 3D 50:1 for the foreseeable future. It`s OK but I do wish it died off cleaner. I`m saving the GG for the Crown Vic since it doesn`t mess with the RainX much and saving the Zep40 for jobs where it`s the only thing that`ll work right.

Some of those "special" towels (e.g., Zep/Zap/etc.) do sound intriguing, but I`m not ready to try `em just yet.

I launder my (current) Glass Towels from Griot`s separately purely out of concern over linting after learning my lesson the hard way And I still always follow up with the GG Polypropylene Window Wipes, which I gather are *not* popular with anybody else here.

Coleroad- I`m utterly astounded (and pleased) to hear that straight IPA works for you! I`ve tried a few roll-your-own Glass Cleaners and none of `em worked worth a [darn] compared to my "real" ones, which I attribute to the surfactants in the latter although I don`t really know.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Stoners is good, I also like poor boys glass cleaner. As others have mentioned, once I run out I will be trying carpro clarify as a lot of people seem to like it.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m using Megs D-120, which isn’t good enough for me,and Sprayway. I’m going to get the Nextzett or Clarify next because I can’t seem to shake my car’s windows of constant haze which I assume is attributed to living in a coastal area.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    I`ve started using just straight up 91% IPA on glass. Both the car and in the house. A lot less fuss to me.
    LOL while I would love to try that, trying to FIND Isopropyl alcohol at the stores has been something of an experience, thanks to COVID-19. I know it`s getting better, but still difficult to find. And I`ve had issues with it evaporating quickly on hot days in Southern California; putting it on a windshield that i`m trying to clean, and having it gone before I can swipe at it with a towel/newsprint/waffle weave thing/cleaning cloth of some type is frustrating in the extreme.

Something I`d be willing to try, but availability is my biggest problem with it at the moment - can`t find it, can`t try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sprzout1977 View Post
    LOL while I would love to try that, trying to FIND Isopropyl alcohol at the stores has been something of an experience, thanks to COVID-19. I know it`s getting better, but still difficult to find. And I`ve had issues with it evaporating quickly on hot days in Southern California; putting it on a windshield that i`m trying to clean, and having it gone before I can swipe at it with a towel/newsprint/waffle weave thing/cleaning cloth of some type is frustrating in the extreme.

Something I`d be willing to try, but availability is my biggest problem with it at the moment - can`t find it, can`t try it.
    If hot try 70 or 50 ISP. Won’t evaporate as fast

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information