Post Thanks / Like

Enzymatic cleaners...who uses them and what`s the best use?

I have been reading enzymatic cleaners. Anyone using them for auto detailing?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Enzymatic cleaners...who uses them and what`s the best use?

Great idea for a thread I have used poor boys for Oder control not cleaning. Also looked at other brands but never pulled trigger because I saw something about temp degrees and long dwell times. After I clean interior and extract when carpet is still moist I spray poorboys so there is no moldy smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I`ve never seen much discussion here on these products, and with today`s Covid19 situation I hear about enzymatic cleaners often. I though it might be a good discussion point because I have never used them for any purpose ever.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I only use them for Pet Messes and bloodstains. Mostly just use the old (and I don`t mean just a decade) HiTemp Protein Stain Remover, which I mix up (probably) stronger than I need to. When I finally use that up I`ll buy somebody else`s concentrate and do the same thing, but I have no idea what brand I`ll choose.

EDIT: I have used AutoInt/ValuGard`s Odor Exterminator (or whatever they call it..) before, and it worked well as long as I got it to contact/dwell on the source of the odor. Same with at least two versions of such stuff made for A/C systems (Wurth and 1Z, with the former slightly outperforming the latter but, per usual, not enough for most to spend the extra $).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I only use them for Pet Messes and bloodstains. Mostly just use the old (and I don`t mean just a decade) HiTemp Protein Stain Remover, which I mix up (probably) stronger than I need to. When I finally use that up I`ll buy somebody else`s concentrate and do the same thing, but I have no idea what brand I`ll choose.

EDIT: I have used AutoInt/ValuGard`s Odor Exterminator (or whatever they call it..) before, and it worked well as long as I got it to contact/dwell on the source of the odor. Same with at least two versions of such stuff made for A/C systems (Wurth and 1Z, with the former slightly outperforming the latter but, per usual, not enough for most to spend the extra $).
    I also use the hitemp protein stain remover are you talking about the powder granulated stuff you mix into and apc? If so how much do you mix in when your using it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I also use the hitemp protein stain remover are you talking about the powder granulated stuff you mix into and apc? If so how much do you mix in when your using it?
    Yeah, that`s the stuff...granular white powder. I just mix up a paste by eye and I don`t even mix it with APC. (not that I recommend that to others )

BUT note that I only use it for spot-cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Since the product is meant to be used once mixed I mostly mix what I need. The one time I a mixed a 32 Oz of Megs green Apc. I put the powder cleaner in and used it. I only used 1/2 spray bottle so I but the mix away. I went to use it again in a few days later and it turned the megs green apc mix completely clear so it seems very strong.

PS. Budgeplan this is the powder stuff in the glass vial I sent you. About year ago it gets a little dicey sending glass vials of white powdery substances through post office.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody used Poorboy`s World Stain and Enzyme cleaner on vehicle (or home) carpets and fabrics and what were the results?

Let`s face it, we will probably encounter a regardless of their age human-waste "accident" in a vehicle and need to clean it up. I am just wondering what fellow Autopians do or have done for such events and what products you used.
    I do wonder if enzyme cleaners for pet odors, like Nature`s Way Miracle Stain and Odor Cleaner, can be used for human odors?

Not sure if Meguair`s Detailer Line D116 Pro Protein Stain Remover has any "enzyme cleaner" in it? Say`s it "neutralizes urine odors"
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Has anybody used Poorboy`s World Stain and Enzyme cleaner on vehicle (or home) carpets and fabrics and what were the results?

Let`s face it, we will probably encounter a regardless of their age human-waste "accident" in a vehicle and need to clean it up. I am just wondering what fellow Autopians do or have done for such events and what products you used.
    I do wonder if enzyme cleaners for pet odors, like Nature`s Way Miracle Stain and Odor Cleaner, can be used for human odors?

Not sure if Meguair`s Detailer Line D116 Pro Protein Stain Remover has any "enzyme cleaner" in it? Say`s it "neutralizes urine odors"
    I have used poor boys enzyme cleaner many times for pet urine on carpets. It works very well and is great for the price.
    Likes Lonnie, grungy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie- Noting all the usual YMMV/etc. caveats and that I`m just guessing...I`d be astounded if the Meg`s did *NOT* contain enzymes as those seem required to kill off such odors.

William_Wallace- Ah, OK...thanks for explaining.

Hey, just FWIW...I`ve tried letting the HiTemp dry out and remixing/redissolving it for another use (or six ) and guess what..worked fine! I`d always thought it`d lose potency, like..the enzymes would be gone or something, but it`s *always* worked fine when I`ve done that.

YMMV and all that, wouldn`t try it on something that`s irreplaceable, etc. etc. but I did want to mention it since we can`t that that particular product any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Poor Boys works on human accidents too - 2 boys sharing the same bathroom and spray everywhere.. it does take a few rounds but get the odor out.
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

grungy- Perhaps making the, uhm...inaccurate youngsters...do the cleaning would improve their aims Knowing that I`d have to deal with any "oops" quickly improved mine!

Thread Information