Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reset or Hyperwash?

To those who have experience with both:
    I just purchased Reset. I had been wanting to purchase Hyperwash for sometime and still considering it.

My biggest 3 needs are to keep accuracy for my LSP tests (SiO2 infused products as well as traditional waxes/sealants):
    1) keep my LSPs in tact
    2) clean the surface well
    3) leave nothing behind.

I’m asking now because I’m about to run out of my one traditional glossless wash shampoo and ready for something new. I have other coating maintenance washes that I believe leave nothing or close-to-nothing behind (PBL Shampoo, DP Coating Maintenance Wash, Mckee SiO2 Auto Wash). But I want to be 100% sure that I’m not impacting traditional LSPs in a negative way.

Am I 100% good with Reset for meeting my wants, or should I purchase Hyperwash also to use regularly and only use Reset occasionally? Is Reset an ‘every week’ wash product? Price is not a factor.

Thanks in advance!
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reset or Hyperwash?

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    To those who have experience with both:
    I just purchased Reset. I had been wanting to purchase Hyperwash for sometime and still considering it.

My biggest 3 needs are to keep accuracy for my LSP tests (SiO2 infused products as well as traditional waxes/sealants):
    1) keep my LSPs in tact
    2) clean the surface well
    3) leave nothing behind.

I’m asking now because I’m about to run out of my one traditional glossless wash shampoo and ready for something new. I have other coating maintenance washes that I believe leave nothing or close-to-nothing behind (PBL Shampoo, DP Coating Maintenance Wash, Mckee SiO2 Auto Wash). But I want to be 100% sure that I’m not impacting traditional LSPs in a negative way.

Am I 100% good with Reset for meeting my wants, or should I purchase Hyperwash also to use regularly and only use Reset occasionally? Is Reset an ‘every week’ wash product? Price is not a factor.

Thanks in advance!
    Hyperwash for your testing, Reset because it can replace your other shampoos.
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Having all 3 of my vehicles coated and also having gone through a few bottle of Reset and at least 2 gallons of Hyperwash I think I am fairly well versed on this topic.

I think that Reset is somehow one of the best car washes I have used. It really cleans well and rinse away easily. But it is a little harder on waxes than most normal car washes. But for sealants and coatings Reset does the stuff.

On the other hand there is Hyperwash. In my opinion Hyperwash is one of the best all around car washes you can find. It cleans well and rinse away fairly easily. And with 400:1 dilution it is one of the best cost based soaps out really.

My old Review:

https://www.autopia.org/forums/detai...tml?highlight=
    Likes acuRAS82, Loach, DAC17, dwaleke liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, acuRAS82, tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. My wife won’t like you just for today, but you’ve helped decide to purchase Hyperwash next time I do an order. I’ll use Reset on anything SiO2 (and on some hearty sealants maybe), and I’ll use Hyperwash for majority of sealants and waxes.

I guess I should have noted that I mainly use SiO2 Sprays and Ceramic Waxes, not so much true coatings. But I think they’ll be fine standing up to Reset.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep Reset perfectly fine on these you can also vary concentration to make it extremely economical.

Amazing shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like

Love Reset

Post Thanks / Like

Both are excellent options and I use them both.

I`d lean to Reset as the better product. If you work in the Sun I find it can be a little more forgiving if it starts to dry. It`ll rinse away a bit easier than Hyperwash.

Hyperwash is a bit more economical. That matters if you are washing a lot. Not really important for personal use.

I would not hesitate to use either if I only had access to one of them.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will add this since I realized it didn’t come right out and say it before.

In my normal use I tend to use Hyperwash as my normal everyday soap. Then I use Reset once a month or even every other to give it a clean slate or just to change it up.

In my years of “detailing” I have come to realize that I get to and enjoy the wash process so much more than polishing or even waxing. So I have become a car wash soap hoarder. I like to have options and change things up.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! You are all very appreciated. I got exactly what I wanted here. I will use both:
    - Hyperwash more regularly especially for traditional LSPs, including traditional LSP testing.
    - Reset every few washes, and a bit more often (maybe even regularly) for SiO2 products and for all SiO2 tests.
    - WG SiO2 Wash anytime I want added SiO2 protection/refresh.
    - All my other soaps will slowly be dwindled down only when they can be used for synergy reasons (such as WG Auto Bathe for WG traditional. BF Wash for BF traditional. Etc.).

But any further thoughts are, of course, still welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the Reset was relatively LSP-harsh and really best suited to Coatings..

Qs on HyperWash-

-How`s its lubricity?
    -Is it commonly available for purchase (I thought I read it was getting hard to find)?
    -What`s it smell like (sorry, I know it`s been posted before but I`ve forgotten )?

I`d kinda leaned towards it as my next "wheels/wheels/undercarriage" shampoo when I use up what I have (including the PB one that a fellow Autopian sent me to try, maybe I`ll love that one...). No point in wasting my pricey go-to shampoos on those areas, but I don`t want to slip *too* far down towards mediocre (no Gold Class/etc. that`s for sure!).

I sure wouldn`t *mind* replacing all my shampoos with something less expensive if I could get the same performance though...I do go through a *LOT* of shampoo at every wash, especially on the Tahoe (we`re not talking just 10-12oz., let alone when it`s winter-awful). We`ll see about that PB`s but with the Griot`s being, uhm...different...I`m kinda leaning towards a change.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    In my years of “detailing” I have come to realize that I get to and enjoy the wash process so much more than polishing or even waxing..
    I like, and relate to, that. I`m kinda all about Maintenance Washes these days, about all I ever do and it`s one of the few Detailing chores..I mean tasks...I mean...activities (there, that sounds better ) that I don`t begrudge. Hey, "cleaning your stuff" is just part of life IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

..I`m gonna use... BF Wash for BF traditional..
    Is it still so awfully harsh? That stuff would strip my LSPs like I couldn`t believe, had to redo my BF AFFPP so often when I used that that I initially assumed the AFPP was like a synthetic Beauty Wax, to be redone all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Is it still so awfully harsh? That stuff would strip my LSPs like I couldn`t believe, had to redo my BF AFFPP so often when I used that that I initially assumed the AFPP was like a synthetic Beauty Wax, to be redone all the time.
    I don’t recall BF, haven’t used it in forever. But I just used up a WG Auto Bathe on the sides of my cars and it may have beaten them up a bit, beading changed (got worse) but hard to tell if that’s gloss enhancers or harshness. It’s hard to tell because I’m only using it for areas I’m not testing and I’ve been using drying aids afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82- Ah, OK...oh, and I found this interesting:

..[the]..beading changed (got worse) but hard to tell if that’s gloss enhancers or harshness.
    I never considered whether Gloss Enhancers might have detrimental effects...never really given `em any thought really, which might sound kinda funny coming from an Autopian who`s all about Maintenance Washes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    acuRAS82- Ah, OK...oh, and I found this interesting:

I never considered whether Gloss Enhancers might have detrimental effects...never really given `em any thought really, which might sound kinda funny coming from an Autopian who`s all about Maintenance Washes
    I just ordered Reset. I can try BF on the sides of a car that have a fresh spray wax (like M37 Fast Wax, 4 Star Spray Wax or Gold Class Spray Wax) then wash with Reset a few days later. Although Reset may also degrade the spray waxes some, it should remove the “gloss” from BF Wash. I’ll play around a bit and think of some way to check if BF is killing LSPs.

Post Thanks / Like

..Although Reset may also degrade the spray waxes some, it should remove the “gloss” from BF Wash. I’ll play around a bit and think of some way to check if BF is killing LSPs.
    Ah, there`s that "gloss from the Shampoo`s Gloss Enhancers" again! Wonder why I never noticed any such effect...I mean, gee..I always thought the whole "Gloss Enhancer" thing was marketing BS!

And I *will* be interested to see whether they`ve changed the BF shampoo...I thought it was just crazy for it to be as harsh as it was; here they were trying to bring their AFFPP/etc. system to market and the shampoo they sent with it made its durability at least *seem* lousy! I didn`t like the AFPP enough to do much with it (actually stripped it off the S8 over the "darkening" effect), but I did notice that it lasted longer when I washed it with a different shampoo (probably M62).
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information