Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The missing piece?

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Usually Wash/Rinse/Wheels for me but I`ve been playing around washing with a bucket of microfibers. Then the rinse bucket becomes the "discard" bucket. Not sure if I`m sold, the shampoo-soaked microfiber is a little clumsy, more so than than in a rinseless wash. I think I would like it better using multiple mitts.

Truthfully though I try to do such a thorough job pressure washing the car before I touch it that my rinse bucket has very little dirt and my shampoo bucket is essentially clean. Ironically my wheel bucket always gets filthy yet I just use one bucket, go figure.
    I`ve been doing multiple mitts for a while but decided to try using the rag I use for rinseless, the Eagle Edgeless 350. Couldn`t use them folded in any way without the towel slipping all over itself. Unfolded worked fine but then I didn`t get what I was after as in more than two sides that a mitt already has.

As for a premium bucket, I picked one of these up in Lowes one day: Retail link has been removed. Sorry, PBMG sells buckets, competing retail products not allowed. Griots sells a similar bucket here at the Autopia store.

Works great for MANY mitts which I use when I wash 2 vehicles. I have no need for grit guard but I think the original grit guard would work with the way the feet are designed on them. The impressions for the castors are in the bottom of the bucket so it`s not completely flat on the bottom. Has gallon and liter markings on the inside as well and is very stout, you`d have to work at it to crack it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Usually Wash/Rinse/Wheels for me but I`ve been playing around washing with a bucket of microfibers...
    Yeah, I have separate buckets set up for a few things I do with my RW too.

Truthfully though I try to do such a thorough job pressure washing the car before I touch it that my rinse bucket has very little dirt and my shampoo bucket is essentially clean...
    That`s good news IMO! I gauge my Wash Technique in part by whether there`s any dirt in the Rinse (let alone the Wash) buckets. Total FAIL if there is, except for....

Ironically my wheel bucket always gets filthy yet I just use one bucket, go figure.
    The Rinse buckest for the Wheels does alway get dirty as all get-out! That`s even though I pressure wash them first and hose off my Wheel/etc. wash media when I see it`s really dirty. I often end up dumping/refilling those buckets even though each one only gets used for two wheels (now that I have my redundant systems in place).

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth
    But, some people just like fancy stuff - and I get that appeal as well.

I don`t think of mine as "fancy", but I do like everything in my life to basically reflect my Values. Using "the right stuff", as I define that, helps immeasurably when it comes to maintaining the right mindset. Heh heh, though I bet a lot of Autopians would consider some of my "right stuff" as being "[crappy] old junk"!

I see it as one of those "whatever works for ya" topics...if using a Yeti bucket makes somebody happier when doing this stuff, that sounds swell to me. Though I do wonder why *that particular bucket* would appeal....eh, different strokes, etc. etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Casters...the ones on my newer Griot`s Wash buckets (the rectangular ones) are simply *AWFUL* they don`t roll, let alone swivel, worth a [crap]. Don`t always even stay in place if I pick the bucket up. Total FAIL with regard to maintaining the expected quality. Can you tell it [ticks] me off every time I use the [freakin`] things?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Casters: Ebay sellers have "roller blade" casters, soft, quiet and larger diameter.... I resisted getting one of the mag wheel models.

I used office chair parts and built them to suit me ( I was in the business for 30 yrs). You need a shorter cylinder to get the seat lower.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I did spend a tiny bit more on a Chemical Guys branded set of buckets to ensure all of the grit guards ( I combine cyclone and standard) fitted really snugly - these Yeti`s look cool but unlikely to have any other advantages over a regular bucket... it`d be a no from me

You`ll need at least 3 buckets unless you plan on refilling and rinsing the wheel one before you lay a mitt on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I had to cut off the outer rig off one of my Grit guards to fit a favorite bucket that is narrower in diameter.

Post Thanks / Like

John U- Good job fabbing the rolling seat

I`d want casters on all the buckets too.

atbalfour- Yeah, I too use various combos of Cyclone/GritGuard/WashBoard inserts, and I modified something similar for the rectangular Rinse buckets too. (No, I don`t have them in my rectangular/regular Wash buckets as those just don`t get contaminated.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    I have 3 buckets from Menard`s that were $15.00 total
    1.Soap and 10 wash mitts
    2. Empty for used wash mitts
    3.Wheels/tires
    No need to over do it on buckets
    ^^^^^this

Post Thanks / Like

I use one bucket with 10 mitts to wash. One or two per panel. They go into laundry basket once done to be washed.

I use one 3.5 gallon for wheels and a little 2 gallon for tires.

If someone needs the whole set up..... Eve’s Husband sells two (2) 5 or 3.5 gallon buckets with grit gaurds and gamma seal lids for 39.99 right now it’s $34 dollars.

At $17 per bucket (it’s a quality bucket) grit guard, and gamma seal lid that’s a steal.

Im guessing Autopia will price match and they have quality buckets too so buy here but jump on that deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I use one bucket with 10 mitts to wash. One or two per panel. They go into laundry basket once done to be washed.

If someone needs the whole set up..... Eve’s Husband sells two (2) 5 or 3.5 gallon buckets with grit gaurds and gamma seal lids for 39.99 right now it’s $34 dollars.

At $17 per bucket (it’s a quality bucket) grit guard, and gamma seal lid that’s a steal.

Im guessing Autopia will price match and they have quality buckets too so buy here but jump on that deal.

Took me a minute to get this
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Took me a minute to get this
    That "Eve`s Husband..." *was* a good one
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That "Eve`s Husband..." *was* a good one
    funny thing is...it is a slamming good deal on buckets

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    funny thing is...it is a slamming good deal on buckets
    Yeah.... you’ll need a grit gaurd for every bucket and the gamma lids are the best.... can’t beat that combo deal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

Interested in your reasoning for the gallon for just tires.

What is different about your wheel bucket / shampoo to you tire bucket / shampoo?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    Interested in your reasoning for the gallon for just tires.

What is different about your wheel bucket / shampoo to you tire bucket / shampoo?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Stuff use to clean tires is a harsher chemical. Also the brush i use gets really dirty and don’t want to introduce it to the wheels. I use to just spray the brush as it’s only one but found the 2 gallon bucket more convenient.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information