Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Soaps with corrosion inhibiting properties

I`ve been looking st some soaps like ammo boost or bilt hamber auto wash that claim to have corrosion inhibiting properties. Do any of you use soaps like this periodically or use them on a regular basis as a boost to you standard maintenance shampoo?

Also looking for some advice for under carriage and wheel well cleaning / protecting. Bilt hamber has some products that are an aerosol wax to apply but I can`t find them able to be shipped

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soaps with corrosion inhibiting properties

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I`ve been looking st some soaps like ammo boost or bilt hamber auto wash that claim to have corrosion inhibiting properties. Do any of you use soaps like this periodically or use them on a regular basis as a boost to you standard maintenance shampoo?

Also looking for some advice for under carriage and wheel well cleaning / protecting. Bilt hamber has some products that are an aerosol wax to apply but I can`t find them able to be shipped

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Ammo Boost and Bilt Hamber products are the only anti-corrosion detailing products that I have seen, as well....

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you either can’t or the cost is to prohibitive to ship aerosols internationally. I’m using Polish angel supersport and just wash with soap and water.

Treated wheels stay cleaner and are easier to clean. Will be coating soon with Gtechniq wheel armor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I believe you either can’t or the cost is to prohibitive to ship aerosols internationally. I’m using Polish angel supersport and just wash with soap and water.

Treated wheels stay cleaner and are easier to clean. Will be coating soon with Gtechniq wheel armor

C5 topped periodically with Superport is a winning combination. C5 is very durable and chemically resistant - it makes alloys ridiculously easy to clean. Supersport adds gloss and boosts self cleaning.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`d have to see some objective, and well-documented/controlled test studies to believe than any shampoo will make a whit of difference with regard to corrosion inhibiting ability.

Until I see such test results, I`m happy to just stick with keeping things *clean*. The Tahoe has a *LOT* of surface rust, but none of it has progressed appreciably in the decade+ that I`ve had it, certainly not to the point of being a serious concern. All the "that`s gonna rust out!" predictions were wrong.

(And FWIW, I was able to stop the "bottom of door seam-rust" that`s supposedly unfixable too.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`d have to see some objective, and well-documented/controlled test studies to believe than any shampoo will make a whit of difference with regard to corrosion inhibiting ability.

Until I see such test results, I`m happy to just stick with keeping things *clean*. The Tahoe has a *LOT* of surface rust, but none of it has progressed appreciably in the decade+ that I`ve had it, certainly not to the point of being a serious concern. All the "that`s gonna rust out!" predictions were wrong.

(And FWIW, I was able to stop the "bottom of door seam-rust" that`s supposedly unfixable too.)
    Appreciate its a UK channel with primarily UK products but Jon (Forensic Detailing YouTube channel) always tests this - more recently on Snow Foams.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Appreciate its a UK channel with primarily UK products..
    Ah, good point, thanks for bring it to my attention

Though I still don`t see any Shampoo making a bit of difference when it comes to corrosion

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, good point, thanks for bring it to my attention

Though I still don`t see any Shampoo making a bit of difference when it comes to corrosion
    Honestly you`d be surprised!

One for sure I know is BH. They make amazing products but I`m sure there are plenty similar more readily available to you Soaps with corrosion inhibiting properties

The shampoo (Auto Wash) advertises and has been proven to protect against corrosion.

Post Thanks / Like

Would ant wash and wax type soap be considered corrosion inhibiting??

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly you`d be surprised!

One for sure I know is BH. They make amazing products but I`m sure there are plenty similar more readily available to you Soaps with corrosion inhibiting properties

The shampoo (Auto Wash) advertises and has been proven to protect against corrosion.

Well, I`ve learned to *NOT* dismiss everything that sounds incredible to me

What`s the Cliff`s Notes version of how it works? Any link to 3rd-party tests?

Guess I`m erally just curious as I`m sure not buying any special shampoo what with the way I go through it with those foamguns!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Would ant wash and wax type soap be considered corrosion inhibiting??
    Even good sealants/wax/etc. don`t stop corrosion all that great, but they do keep it from getting, uhm...serious. Bare metal will eventually rust if exposed to certain things, always works that way sooner or later. So I`d fix it or just keep it clean like anything else.

That`s basically my version of what to do with a lot of surface rust- just keep it clean and don`t worry about it. Working fine so far, and some of those rusty chips have been that way for decades with no problems.

Guess the "...like anything else" is the wildcard here. I keep everything pretty decent all the time anyhow, but then again I figure my fellow Autopians do too!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I`ve learned to *NOT* dismiss everything that sounds incredible to me

What`s the Cliff`s Notes version of how it works? Any link to 3rd-party tests?

Guess I`m erally just curious as I`m sure not buying any special shampoo what with the way I go through it with those foamguns!
    Quote from the Bilt hamber website :

auto-wash is a new technology, highly powerful, environmentally friendly car shampoo, formulated to allow you to effortlessly and effectively clean your paintwork before waxing.

auto-wash is anti-corrosive and suitable for bare steel too, ideal for owners of older vehicles which may have stone chips or exposed areas of mild steel. This is also an advantage in modern cars where the entrapment of corrosive elements carried by some detergents in folded seams accelerates the corrosion of modern vehicles.

auto-wash is very highly-concentrated, meaning that much less solution is needed to add to the water. Not only do you save money, but the added benefit of this is simple - there is less matter to remove from your paintwork prior to polishing.

auto-wash will chamois off with ease to leave a perfectly clean body, ready for further treatment. In fact, a single shampoo can be carried out with just a single teaspoon of auto-wash, meaning one wash will cost you around 16p!

auto-wash uses powerful surfactants to create a high foam level. This simply means that particulate matter is lifted away from the paint, where it can be safely removed with reduced risk of scratching or damage to your car’s paintwork.

auto-wash is quite simply the best car shampoo out there. See``Best Car Shampoo 2015``here.

Post Thanks / Like

atbalfour- Well, I`d really have to see tests before making up *my* mind, if I were gonna go that route. Hey, I didn`t trust OCW on repaints (or for UV protection) until the Ford tests came out

I do bet the BH Shampoo would get a bit pricey for those of us using well over 14 oz. per wash though (sometimes *MUCH* more). And I kinda wonder how LSP-friendly it is...interesting idea though, a shampoo that can protect against corrosion.

Post Thanks / Like

Bilt hamber are experts in anti corrosion products. Have a look on their website.

They make corrosion inhibitors which you spray on to your brake disks before washing and they stay rust free. Gets around that horrible transfer of the orangey rust when driving off with freshly clean wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Bilt hamber are experts in anti corrosion products. Have a look on their website.

They make corrosion inhibitors which you spray on to your brake disks before washing and they stay rust free. Gets around that horrible transfer of the orangey rust when driving off with freshly clean wheels.

Are you talking about atom Mac?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information