Post Thanks / Like

Question PA High Gloss or Silver Alunite? High Gloss or Gray Graphite?

I have two vehicles I`m looking at here:
    Billet Silver Jeep SRT
    Crystal Granite Metallic Ram Limited

For the metallic silver Jeep, what do you think of PA Silver Alunite vs. High Gloss?

For the dark gray metallic truck, what do you think of PA Gray Graphite (new) vs. High Gloss?

Also...I see that PA has a new Cosmic Spritz that can be color adapted...but it`s crazy-expensive. I`d need someone who has experience to tell me it`s worth it.
    Both vehicles have PA Cosmic as the base coating. The products in question are for after-wash toppers.

Thoughts??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PA High Gloss or Silver Alunite? High Gloss or Gray Graphite?

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    I have two vehicles I`m looking at here:
    Billet Silver Jeep SRT
    Crystal Granite Metallic Ram Limited

For the metallic silver Jeep, what do you think of PA Silver Alunite vs. High Gloss?

For the dark gray metallic truck, what do you think of PA Gray Graphite (new) vs. High Gloss?

Also...I see that PA has a new Cosmic Spritz that can be color adapted...but it`s crazy-expensive. I`d need someone who has experience to tell me it`s worth it.
    Both vehicles have PA Cosmic as the base coating. The products in question are for after-wash toppers.

Thoughts??
    Just my thoughts: High Gloss for silver Jeep. Grey Graphite for the Ram.

Note, I have a light black, metallic D5 I have not yet tried HG on, but HG looks great on my silver TSX.

Post Thanks / Like

Easy enough. Since I`ve not used the Grey Graphite, I wasn`t sure if anyone had any thoughts on it. Best case, it looks great...worse case, I have another bottle on the shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    Easy enough. Since I`ve not used the Grey Graphite, I wasn`t sure if anyone had any thoughts on it. Best case, it looks great...worse case, I have another bottle on the shelf.
    I’m surprised no one else had opinions on your choices yet. I figure High Gloss looks amazing on silver and I’m not sure how it looks on dark grey... plus I selfishly want to hear about Gray Graphite which may have sub-consciously steered my opinion as well.

I’m sure that regardless what path you go, the results will be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately haven`t used either product but will be following this closely.

A fella on the UK forum I`m on has Colour Cosmic applied and he couldn`t notice a difference between that and the standard Cosmic.

If I was spending that sort of money on a product I`d want the extra durability given by using primer spritz first.

Personally I`d have thought high gloss wouldn`t be necessary, just top the Cosmic using the spray wax. High gloss supposedly gives a different type of gloss to the other two (I`ve used Cosmic and Blue Xilion which add depth and warmth) , might create a holy grail result, only one way to find out PA High Gloss or Silver Alunite?  High Gloss or Gray Graphite?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Will be watching this one as well. PA High Gloss or Silver Alunite?  High Gloss or Gray Graphite?

Post Thanks / Like

"Color adapted"? What`s that about?

Leaving aside things like "Jetting with regard to black" and other personal preferences, I always think "clearcoat is clearcoat" and use the same stuff on my silver and dark blue pearl.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both of these PA products. (Also Rapidwaxx and High Gloss) I`m always trying new stuff and soak up the hype for most products LOL!

I use the Silver Alunite on a GT silver Porsche and the Gray Graphite on a Magnetic Gray Toyota Land Cruiser. I like both of these products and think they probably offer more durability than High Gloss.

The Silver Alunite seems to bring the silver to the surface more and give the finish a nice glow. It`s a look that was noticeable to me. It also makes the GT silver look very slightly more silver. Hard to explain, but there`s a very subtle color change that I noticed.

I noticed the same thing with the Gray Graphite on my Land Cruiser. The PA formulas seem to enhance the predominant (silver and gray) colors in the paint and to "downplay" the subtle overtones?

You have to see it in person, as I am sure you couldn`t really capture it in photos.

IMHO, it`s a look and a difference you will notice. But as I`ve already said, I`ve bought the PA sales pitch, so I`m GOING to make SURE I see a difference!

HTH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uzj100 View Post
    I have both of these PA products. (Also Rapidwaxx and High Gloss) I`m always trying new stuff and soak up the hype for most products LOL!

I use the Silver Alunite on a GT silver Porsche and the Gray Graphite on a Magnetic Gray Toyota Land Cruiser. I like both of these products and think they probably offer more durability than High Gloss.
    I trust the Carnauba Arts are more durable than High Gloss. On my Brilliant Black Q5 I’ve used both. Black Wulfenite beats HG in looks (probably the best looking LSP I’ve seen on that solid black paint) and longevity (couple months vs 4-6weeks). However, I definitely use less HG per application, it spreads amazingly far if used sparingly. Hopefully soon I can compare the two on my black sapphire metallic X5 paint... I’m thinking with the metallic, HG may stand a better chance. Either way, fun products to use if you can stomach the prices.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Thread Information