Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DP Reborn

Post Thanks / Like

DP Reborn

Ha, PBMG relaunches the Detailer`s Pride line...as DP Detailing Products: https://www.autogeek.net/detailers-pride.html

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Reborn

Yup...saw that.....new label looks a little `Chemical Guys`-ish
    Likes mc2hill, ShaneB, gordonjuan, Tpr1634, kjeeper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

YES. I was one of the PROJECT 98 winners over at AG. Glad to see the line again. Back in day I used several of their products. All good.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    YES. I was one of the PROJECT 98 winners over at AG. Glad to see the line again. Back in day I used several of their products. All good.
    Oh...I saw something about that Project 98. I`m out of the loop because I haven`t been participating at AGO lately...too many other things to waste my time on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Yup...saw that.....new label looks a little `Chemical Guys`-ish
    First thing I thought as well.

Wasn`t DP line kinda the predecessor to the McKees 37 collection?

Post Thanks / Like

When I looked at the picture of the whole line up. My first thought was. It looks like Mckee`s line with Chemical Guys labels minus a few heavy hitters. (N-914 and Hydroblue)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Wasn`t DP line kinda the predecessor to the McKees 37 collection?
    In my time, at least to my recollection, it went from Detailer`s Pride, to DP, to Detailers, to M37...and then down the street. Obviously the DP name didn`t.
    Likes RMD liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

All of the Project 98 and DP marketing material is so terribly written. I wonder why they could not find someone skilled in grammar to write for them. Sloppy.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ran through the product names and immediately thought of Chemical Guys, what a joke. ��

Why do I think the relaunched DP is a joke? First labeling, looks way to similar to Chemical Guys and sounds way too similar to Chemical Guys. Second, timing with the ending of the agreement with M37, I know this a way that ACC/AG is covering their butts by knee jerk reaction. Third, I would have liked to see the money invested in this new DP line go to innovation for one of the other house brands, instead. Lastly, with what is currently going on in the world, people that are buying detailing supplies will be purchasing products that they know and have used. They will be holding on to their extra monies instead of trying these new products, unfortunately it is bad timing that is outside of ACC/AG`s control and is not so much of a joke and is rather unfortunate.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, the only DP product I ever used was their Glass Cleaner, and I utterly hated it. Forget the details of why, but it was so disappointing I used it up as a general household cleaner for the jobs that didn`t really matter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Eh, the only DP product I ever used was their Glass Cleaner, and I utterly hated it. Forget the details of why, but it was so disappointing I used it up as a general household cleaner for the jobs that didn`t really matter.
    Ha, now that you mention it, I don`t think I ever bought a DP product other than that xtreme foam car wash, which was completely forgettable. Oh, and some of that orange powdered pad cleaner. I did pick up a couple of M37 products to try on the closeout.

Post Thanks / Like

Long ago I had some DP 4 In One I think it was called: a rinseless,waterless, QD, and clay lube all in one depending on dilution ratios. It was a decent clay lube and QD. That’s all I used it for.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ha, now that you mention it, I don`t think I ever bought a DP product other than that xtreme foam car wash, which was completely forgettable. Oh, and some of that orange powdered pad cleaner. I did pick up a couple of M37 products to try on the closeout.
    funny that you mention the Xtreme Foam Car Wash.....I had two gallons of it at one point...ended up giving a lot of it away

Post Thanks / Like

The whole product roll out was a head-scratcher for me as well. Since DP became McKee`s and then McKee`s later reformulated a bunch of their products, I wonder what`s in these new bottles. New formulas or the pre-McKee`s stuff? I imagine there are some copywrite/IP laws in play.

I was pretty happy with the DP products I used. The interior protectant was pretty good and I still use the McKee`s stuff today. The paint coating, while not looking all that special, was very durable and easy to apply. It was my "gateway" coating. I also used and really liked the DP wash with wax. On a car wearing 845, it left the surface really glossy after a wash and seemed to make drying almost coating-like levels of easy.

I appreciate PBMG looking to have a more budget friendly line, but they already have several full lines of detailing products which have to be competing with each other at this point. Do they really need another one?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a bit of a downer but this project 98 was overhyped. PBMG doesn’t need another house brand. They were fine just as they were.

Would have been more exciting if they announced a partnership with someone rather than bringing back the line out of nostalgia.

Almost appears as they are filling the hole left behind by Mckee’s.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Desertnate, RMD, BudgetPlan1, Vegas1, gorram and 2 others liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information