You can`t top Chemical Guys at their own game, they perfected this art:

ART!
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Reborn

Loach -- Hope you guys are all good !

Yes !!! the Wall of products !!! The first time I saw their "area" at SEMA - Wow !! A huge wall of bottles, very disorienting, you could never finish reading just the front of each bottle there, unless you stayed a few hours and packed a lunch... I believe their business plan has always been to overwhelm you with choices, so you will just give up and order something; you can`t go wrong, right ??
    Dan F
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The “Not You Father’s” SiO2 Paste Wax is very reasonably priced for a wax in that genre. Wonder if it’s any good?

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t understand why this exists. I`ve read every product description and none of them explain what the purpose of DP is compared to their other in-house brands. If it is indeed positioned to be a value brand, why are there no gallon containers and why wouldn`t they talk about that? Some of the marketing is just absurd; for example, they position their tire dressing against buying new tires ("don`t let the tire shop fool you"). Is this really a problem to be fixed? Meanwhile the waterless wash is proclaimed to be safe on "vertically any surface."

If these are really new formulas, I wonder how much testing a company with PBMG`s resources could accomplish for 28 new products if even their advertising wasn`t proofread. If it`s just Chemical Guys or something else rebranded, again why does this exist?

Post Thanks / Like

Instead of this, they could have brought in Tac Sytems or Angelwax... you know, good products

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Instead of this, they could have brought in Tac Sytems or Angelwax... you know, good products
    Why would they bring in Angelwax? That was the product of the month several months ago. That "hype train" has left the station....
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Why would they bring in Angelwax? That was the product of the month several months ago. That "hype train" has left the station....
    I think you’re thinking of PolishAngel. AngelWax isn’t discussed too much here besides on occasion.

But it is a top notch brand (as is PolishAngel), IMO.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I think you’re thinking of PolishAngel. AngelWax isn’t discussed too much here besides on occasion.

But it is a top notch brand (as is PolishAngel), IMO.
    Nope Angelwaxx was one of the biggest hyped product lines. Enigma was touted as one of the greatest AIO`s available. Unfortunately it was so over priced.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Their new coatings just came out so expect to see the hype on them again soon.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Their new coatings just came out so expect to see the hype on them again soon.
    Titanium! I got the titanium wax and will hopefully test it soon. As usual, not ready for coatings though.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve only been at this for a few years so I don`t know the brand at all other than faint mentions of it here and AG. Also never understood the need for 3 different house brands either. Just assumed maybe it was because some guy on a random forum (repeat this across dozens of unique car model forums) bringing up a brand like Blackfire or Wolfgang. No doubt they all work better than something like CG, but why? Does the super niche world of detailing really need 35 different brands making an APC that gets watered down anyway? It just doesn`t make sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    I`ve only been at this for a few years so I don`t know the brand at all other than faint mentions of it here and AG. Also never understood the need for 3 different house brands either. Just assumed maybe it was because some guy on a random forum (repeat this across dozens of unique car model forums) bringing up a brand like Blackfire or Wolfgang. No doubt they all work better than something like CG, but why? Does the super niche world of detailing really need 35 different brands making an APC that gets watered down anyway? It just doesn`t make sense.
    Name recognition. Blackfire was a competitor that was acquired that had their own following. Wolfgang i think was created to ride the Sonax/German train before sonax bought them. DP i’m assuming was brought back to fill the Mckee’s hole.

And as for reasons for multiple brands is to hit more consumers. Yes all of us know their owned by PBMG and their chemistry could be same or similar. Most detail/retail consumers don’t. I’d say 30 -35% actually care and know. So if that consumer doesn’t know and considering 3-5 brands of APC and two are From PGPM then more likely they sell a product.

People here are in the know so the think why? It’s all the same. If you look into orher products you buy your doing same thing.

That laundry detergent isle good chance 3-10 made in same plant... milk available.... probable 2-3 sources in your state. That box cereal you buy.... reach down and grab a bulk generic brand... probably made buy your favorite cereal.

It’s all marketing and the status quo. PBMG isn’t doing anything other. Giant companies are doing. If anything. Their just more transparent about it which is a good thing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Dp product line never caught my attention. Now it does even less.

Never jumped on the McKees stuff either but I’ve heard some
    Good stuff about it. I’m pretty happy with my mix and usually stick with them unless I hear a compelling reason to change. I’m a performance over price guy. I basically Want cleaner, shinier, longer lasting or better
    than my current line up or I stick to my current product mix.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Never a bad thing to have more products than not enough, plus good price points. Would probably be a good chance for newcomers to touch the PBMG brand before splurging to decide if they like it. I’m personally a splitter but I see no harm and will use DP if they are solid and good value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information