Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New poorboys world ceramic products

The closest place I ever found when I lived in Jersey was the now gone Shore Motorsports.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Didja ever find the land of Milk & Honey?

Who makes Zaino?
    Ha ha, I guess that`s an old Detail City thread, I didn`t realize those were still mixed in here. I was never a member there. I thought you were going to link that heated Autopia thread where "of course Sal does his own manufacturing" "no he doesn`t!" when I was going to settle it by driving down to the Zaino address to have a look at his "facility" until by Googling it I found out the address was a Mailboxes, Etc. Last time I checked his address came back to a performance parts place which I guess must be a friend`s that he`s using for a mail drop.

Post Thanks / Like

Didja ever find the land of Milk & Honey?

Who makes Zaino?
    Talk about resurrection of an old (13 1/2 year) thread. Same old-same old, he said-she said.

It is "somewhat" interesting, though, how these "who-makes-what-for-whom" accusations about car-care products and manufacturers are made. Some of it is conjecture, some of it based on personal observation, some on hearsay what was read on internet forums or social media, some of it is innuendos of spite or vengeance. It is sometimes "difficult" to separate truth from fiction or lies, or what some would call "fake news" or even conspiracy theory.
    I will say this: this type manufacturing and selling (or re-selling, to be more correct) is the product of our free market and free enterprise system or economy.
    "Buy low, sell high." "There is a sucker born every minute." "It is the same as the name brand, but without the advertising mark-up"

Are their re-labeled identical car-care products sold by multiple re-sellers or vendors? Yes.
    Do you pay more from one over another? Yes, but that is how a re-seller makes money in a free enterprise system. It is just that buyers do not like to be taken for a ride or "fleeced", and with social media and these forums, individuals are more than willing to let the world know about their experience and why or how it happened. (Another product of American society: Free Speech).

GM does it selling identical vehicle platforms across three different "brands", though they are "tweeked" with sheet metal design and options availability to justify their price difference, and rightly so (An extension of 1950`s GM CEO Alfred P. Sloan marketing principles)
    Collinite wax sells some of their products under different labels and product numbers: one for boats, and one for vehicles. (Check the MSDS Sheets for proof) I call that target marketing.

Does it make a difference? It does when you are the buyer and feel like you got a raw deal or conned. Another free enterprise cliche: Caveat emptor- Buyer beware! (I forgot: Captain Obvious is also Captain [Latin] Cliche.)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Have done that quite frequently on coatings that weren`t quite `All they could be` after a few months or even as late as a year. Gtechniq CSL topped with CanCoat has been a far better combo for me than CSL + either EXOV4 or C2V3 on top of the CSL.
    I actually did the same thing with my car wearing CanCoat in the fall of `18. However, I layered it because I was lazy. The current application was still looking pretty good, but I wasn`t confident it would make it until the following spring. Instead of doing a full decon/polish/application I simply did a good wash, wiped it down with Prep, and applied another layer. It went on just fine and was still going strong when I polished out the car the following summer.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ha ha, I guess that`s an old Detail City thread, I didn`t realize those were still mixed in here. I was never a member there. I thought you were going to link that heated Autopia thread where "of course Sal does his own manufacturing" "no he doesn`t!" when I was going to settle it by driving down to the Zaino address to have a look at his "facility" until by Googling it I found out the address was a Mailboxes, Etc. Last time I checked his address came back to a performance parts place which I guess must be a friend`s that he`s using for a mail drop.
    Gotta admit, like the products or not, Sal certainly worked up quite a following that continues on today. Lotsa Corvette folks still worship at the altar of Z-{whatever}...it just works for them and really, the rest is just noise if it makes you happy.

I was an avowed Z-ealot for many years, 2004 thru 2014. Sal always responded to e-mails which I thought was pretty neat. Really taught me the `less is more` edict.

I miss the days where I`d buy the $130 kit each Spring (thinking it was outrageous $$ for car care) and that`d be it for the year.

Was Sal the genesis if the "Wash with Dawn (blue) to strip the surface to prepare for application" routine? His instructions were the first I ever saw of it.

The whole thing makes for an intriguing affair New poorboys world ceramic products

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Talk about resurrection of an old (13 1/2 year) thread. Same old-same old, he said-she said.

It is "somewhat" interesting, though, how these "who-makes-what-for-whom" accusations about car-care products and manufacturers are made. Some of it is conjecture, some of it based on personal observation, some on hearsay what was read on internet forums or social media, some of it is innuendos of spite or vengeance. It is sometimes "difficult" to separate truth from fiction or lies, or what some would call "fake news" or even conspiracy theory.
    I will say this: this type manufacturing and selling (or re-selling, to be more correct) is the product of our free market and free enterprise system or economy.
    "Buy low, sell high." "There is a sucker born every minute." "It is the same as the name brand, but without the advertising mark-up"

Are their re-labeled identical car-care products sold by multiple re-sellers or vendors? Yes.
    Do you pay more from one over another? Yes, but that is how a re-seller makes money in a free enterprise system. It is just that buyers do not like to be taken for a ride or "fleeced", and with social media and these forums, individuals are more than willing to let the world know about their experience and why or how it happened. (Another product of American society: Free Speech).

GM does it selling identical vehicle platforms across three different "brands", though they are "tweeked" with sheet metal design and options availability to justify their price difference, and rightly so (An extension of 1950`s GM CEO Alfred P. Sloan marketing principles)
    Collinite wax sells some of their products under different labels and product numbers: one for boats, and one for vehicles. (Check the MSDS Sheets for proof) I call that target marketing.

Does it make a difference? It does when you are the buyer and feel like you got a raw deal or conned. Another free enterprise cliche: Caveat emptor- Buyer beware! (I forgot: Captain Obvious is also Captain [Latin] Cliche.)
    Sometimes I think there`s one guy somewhere on a small island off the coast of China that makes 99% of all coatings. New poorboys world ceramic products

Watched a vid with the North America rep for Gyeon and he mentioned the link on their home page where you could inquire as to white-labeling their products so the opportunities are out there. Wonder if they`d bottle me a private brand of only the Skin component of Syncro to sell? I`d be a buyer for sureNew poorboys world ceramic products

I`d guess many products are identical (for all practical purposes), variations on the same theme. Always wonder just how different the PBMG families are; Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Blackfire...

I`ll admit to liking pretty little bottles so the marketing certainly plays a role as well. I figure 80% of what I like about a product/ brand is functional with the other 20% being all in my head New poorboys world ceramic products

Still all fun though, mystery and uncertainty of origin just adds a bit to the entire experience.
    Likes Oneheadlite, acuRAS82, RMD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I always mentally separated coatings from sealants by thinking that coatings could not be layered on themselves once cured. I guess maybe that`s only true for pro coatings. I guess coatings...come in little bottles? Hah I`m not actually sweating the difference, I just find it curious.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine bought the coating (or kit?) for me to install. it`s just a matter of getting the car, and having a place to do it.

He works weekends, and I can`t do it at my place. (Don`t ask why, thanks)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    A friend of mine bought the coating (or kit?) for me to install. it`s just a matter of getting the car, and having a place to do it.

I won’t ask why, but will ask to please share your experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I won’t ask why, but will ask to please share your experience?
    Definitely!

We are drawing closer to finalizing details. I may be getting his car on the 21st this month.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Worst case you can borrow the garage. I will even help you out free of charge.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Coatings=crack, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Worst case you can borrow the garage. I will even help you out free of charge.
    Love the offer. I`ll keep you posted. Still working on details with the guy

Post Thanks / Like

In stock and ready to ship!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, Z8 is still a great product and I`ve never found anything that quite has that look. For me, on some colors Z2 can be too plasticy but on others it looks great. I`m pretty sure that Zaino isn`t manufactured in NJ but I have no clue where Sal`s production facilities are located.

Post Thanks / Like

Where you ever able to use this?

Has anyone used this yet?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WashRinseRepeat View Post
    Where you ever able to use this?

Has anyone used this yet?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    We were supposed to, but then COVID happened.

I haven`t done any detailing for others

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks WashRinseRepeat thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information