Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Elixr Issues?

Has anyone experienced issues in removing/buffing off Carpro Elixr.

I`ve not had much experience with the product, but after two separate uses this winter I`ve noticed it really smears and is very hard to remove. This weekend was unseasonably warm and sunny, so I took advantage of the time to wash a couple of my cars, both of which are coated with CQuartz UK. Because I have now shade over my driveway, my wife`s maroon still gets water spots when washed in direct sun despite the cooler temps.

I pulled out Elixr and went about wiping down the car to get rid of the water spots just like I do Ech2O and other QDs I`ve used in the past. After the work was finished I stepped back to view the results and noticed hologram-like marks everywhere. Upon a closer look, they look just like an oily polish that isn`t removed totally or a sealant which wasn`t properly buffed out all the way. When gently buffed with a MF towel, the marks change direction so I know I didn`t induce any permanent swirls. No matter what I tried, I could never quite get them off to include a different towel and the two different nap levels of the towel.

When applying Elixr the first time, I sprayed the towel and not the surface to ensure I didn`t over apply. I wiped down the area and then flipped the towel over to a dry section to buff off a second time. Up close you don`t see the swirls, but from a distance it is very noticeable.

There are only two things I can think of right now which could be causing the smears.
    1) I`m still using too much despite only spraying the towel with 1~2 shots of product.
    2) The weather is too cold. The first time I experienced this it was around 50F and this time it was barely 60F

I`ve never had these issues with Ech2O or Kenotec (or really any other QD) I`ve used in the same conditions previously. Not sure what is going on.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Elixr Issues?

Yeah I`ve noticed Elixir is a bit of a more oily product, it does take some additional wiping for me to level it off compared to some others. Reload has the same type of tendency to be more oily as well. If I spray it sparingly I can level it off to get it presentable without holograms, but I haven`t tested Elixir on darker paints or in the cold yet. Seal N Shine in colder temps did give me a hell of a hologram dance on darker paint when I was up north on a particular truck, and I`ve compared Seal N Shine`s heaviness with Elixir, both of which are fantastically resistant against chemicals in the short term.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Noticed this if too much product is used or if it is too cold.

Almost need like only one spritz.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Noticed this if too much product is used or if it is too cold.

Almost need like only one spritz.
    Thanks. This gives me hope it will perform better when things warm up.

I started with one spritz, but the towel was still a little draggy so I added one more. I`ll shelve it until the weather improves and try again.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Light spritz and keep the final wipe towels from loading up. If I don`t EliXir smears.

I have CQuartz 3.0 plus Gliss V2 and they work very well together.

At the six month mark I needed to do the IronX treatment because of IFO. Clay barred with minimal pressure and was good to go.

Thread Information