Post Thanks / Like

(Electric) Pressure Washer Questions

I`ve got the often referred to Ryobi 1600psi 1.2GPM pressure washer and had a few questions.

1: Does anyone use any kind of pump conditioner after using their pressure washer? I feel like on the shelf at the big box stores I`ve seen something for use prior to putting the pressure washer away to help promote longer pump life.

2: I ask this because (I haven`t been using anything, and) the last couple times I`ve used my pressure washer it`s been cycling every 20-60 seconds while sitting idle (Water supply on, electric switch on, gun trigger not squeezed). I`m assuming there`s something wrong where it`s losing pressure internally, tripping the pressure switch causing it to run.

3: Anyone know anything about servicing the internals on these? I`m assuming it`s not worth buying parts, but if there`s any chance it`s as simple as taking something apart and de-scaling/re-o-ringing it, I`d be interested in learning more. I can`t remember if I`m still in the 3 yr warranty window or not. I`ll have to look when I get home.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: (Electric) Pressure Washer Questions

I had that issue with my pressure washer (greenworks) after almost 2 years of heavy use, the gun developed a leak. It really only takes a few drops to set it off. I`d check the gun for a leak, that`s easy enough to replace. Never used a conditioner or anything. I do run softened water thru it so maybe that helps, but I`ve never had a problem with any type of leak from the pump itself
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Kranzle for 7 plus years. Does the cars 30 to 50 times a year. Does my deck every other year. The siding every other year. Driveway occasionally.

Never did a bit of service and it’s rock solid. Worth every penny. It’s the 1122 with the hose reel on top.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used the same gas powered pressure washer for almost 20 years.. It has never required any type of conditioner solution in all those years.
    It has always worked great.. It behaves differently in that they do not want it to remain pressurized for long periods of time, before keying the gun to release the pressure..

As has been already said above, have you checked to insure there is no water leaking from the hose connection or the hose to gun connection? How about underneath it around the pump ?
    If not, perhaps there is some bleed off valve installed to keep the pump seals from wearing out too soon because there is constant pressure on them until you key the gun again and release the pressure ?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I had a greenworks (tiny one that was $99 at lowes) I think 1600psi for 3 years. I detail about 65 cars a year and then my own cars at least once a month also. I never put a single drop of conditioner in it and it finally started doing that exact same thing 3 years later.

When the GW went I decided to buy the Ryobi equivalent and the conditioner. 1 year in it has started doing the same thing as my GW and your Ryobi. ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING.

So when I finally cannot handle the constant bumping of it I will go back to a GW and NO conditioner. I use mine inside the garage through the winter time so there is no way I am going to use a gas. Plus Im not interested in constantly filling it up with fuel and listening to it drone the whole time I am trying to enjoy myself and wash my car.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes Oneheadlite, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I have a Kranzle for 7 plus years. Does the cars 30 to 50 times a year. Does my deck every other year. The siding every other year. Driveway occasionally.

Never did a bit of service and it’s rock solid. Worth every penny. It’s the 1122 with the hose reel on top.
    HOLY COWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAH!!! $1200 for a pressure washer? Sticker shock lol Yer in a different league than I am. BUT so far that is only $170 per year (and no headache from the stupid thing constantly cycling LOL) I guess when I get to the point I am buying one every year for $100 I should consider this one you have.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    HOLY COWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAH!!! $1200 for a pressure washer? Sticker shock lol Yer in a different league than I am. BUT so far that is only $170 per year (and no headache from the stupid thing constantly cycling LOL) I guess when I get to the point I am buying one every year for $100 I should consider this one you have.
    Those high flow low pressure (~2gpm/1200ish PSI) electrics are EXPENSIVE. Ive been wanting to get one because my entire wash process involves my pressure washer for all rinsing and doing it with ~1gpm takes awhile when you really need to flush the surface clean.
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Likes Oneheadlite, dcjredline, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same issue with my little Ryobi. Finally, could not take it anymore and bought an AR Blue Clean 630TSS. Couldn`t be happier
    Likes dcjredline, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys.

Great thought on checking the gun for leaks. Next time I use it, I`ll set it up in one area, then move it to another to see if there`s a leak somewhere. By the time it`s all set up and I`m using it, the floor/ground is usually wet so it wouldn`t be readily apparent if there was something like that going on.

Yeahhhh... I just don`t have the budget/need for a huge dollar pressure washer. I use it (complete guestimation) maybe 20 times a year, so it`s hard to justify investing that much. I felt ok going with the Ryobi with a 3 year warranty for $120 or whatever it was on the logic that worst case scenario it`s $40 a year to have a pressure washer (never had one prior). I`ve still gotta dig out my receipt and see how long it`s been.

I`ll update when I have a chance to do some testing.
    Likes Stokdgs, dcjredline liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Found my receipt, I`m still in the warranty by 7 months. At that rate, I`ll probably just box it up and have it looked at.

I`ll report back how that process/experience goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello somebody use a battery pressure washer?
    thanks

Thread Information