Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iron X Paste

Post Thanks / Like

Iron X Paste

Again another newbie detailer question.

Why not much talk about iron x paste. To me the idea sounds like a winner. Being able to smear the product in and really have a good dwell time seems like a real win to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Iron X Paste

I love the Iron-X Paste, but for the most part, it doesn`t get talked about that much because the majority of people want to spray on an iron remover that cuts through grease and grime which equals saved time. Iron-X paste is great, but it is not for the one who is looking to save time.

Post Thanks / Like

I use it on wheels a lot. By far the strongest concentration of any iron remover.

Post Thanks / Like

Good pretty much for the inside of wheels that have never been cleaned IMO, otherwise spray Iron-X works well enough.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I love the Iron-X Paste, but for the most part, it doesn`t get talked about that much because the majority of people want to spray on an iron remover that cuts through grease and grime which equals saved time..
    Quick kinda-off-topic Q: Why use a Ferrous Contamination Remover on grease/grime?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Quick kinda-off-topic Q: Why use a Ferrous Contamination Remover on grease/grime?
    Thinking he means road film. You got a thick layer of grease and grime you got bigger problem’s than iron contaminates... like you park in a MckyD’s dumpster

Post Thanks / Like

Add an ounce to your IronX spray bottle. Clings much better and should be stronger also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Thinking he means road film. You got a thick layer of grease and grime you got bigger problem’s than iron contaminates... like you park in a MckyD’s dumpster..
    Heh heh, my knee-jerk response is to say..."what?!? Same Question...why use that for that?"

I haven`t touched my Ferrous Contamination Product (ValuGard`s "B") since the last time I bought a vehicle.

My one experience with Iron-X (forget which version but it wasn`t a "paste" it was a kinda-thick liquid) wasn`t anything great, didn`t impress me as being any better than the "B" other than the color-indicator feature, and I`ve never touched it since..probably dried out by now.

And yeah, my wheels are all fine without using such stuff, even after decades of use and 6-figure miles. Eh, I know that plenty of people use those products regularly, and OK whatever works for you, but I just don`t get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, my knee-jerk response is to say..."what?!? Same Question...why use that for that?"

I haven`t touched my Ferrous Contamination Product (ValuGard`s "B") since the last time I bought a vehicle.

My one experience with Iron-X (forget which version but it wasn`t a "paste" it was a kinda-thick liquid) wasn`t anything great, didn`t impress me as being any better than the "B" other than the color-indicator feature, and I`ve never touched it since..probably dried out by now.

And yeah, my wheels are all fine without using such stuff, even after decades of use and 6-figure miles. Eh, I know that plenty of people use those products regularly, and OK whatever works for you, but I just don`t get it.

You need to take into consideration that your vehicle is well maintained. If you were actually detailing other peoples vehicles, you would understand that most vehicles are not even remotely well maintained and products like this are needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on where your from too. My car probably hadnt had any maintenance done on paint before i bought (i got it a year old). Bought a year later i prepped for paint and nothing.

I know thats a could thing... no ferrous contaminants but damn i wanted to see the blood! I tried Iron X, Griots fallout, megs ultimate..... nothing....

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had a bottle of paste for a couple years now. Love having it for white or silver cars. It`s great to spot treat the stubborn rust specks that the spray doesn`t get off. I`ll do a lap around the car after washing and put a drop of paste on each spot, by the time I make my way around I can simply wipe off all the spots

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    You need to take into consideration that your vehicle is well maintained. If you were actually detailing other peoples vehicles, you would understand that most vehicles are not even remotely well maintained and products like this are needed.
    Noting that I had a used-car dealership for years (where I/we got really awful cars very, very nice as a matter of course) and do know from how other people keep stuff ....I`d assumed that we were discussing neglected vehicles being done by Pros; I just don`t see why people use Ferrous Contamination Removers (whether IronX or "B" or any of the others on the market) for jobs other than removing Ferrous Contamination.

I degrease stuff with degreasers; I remove Ferrous Contamination with products made specifically for that. I don`t use those products for other jobs nor for the *same types of jobs*.

Oh gee, I bet I sound like a [jerk] belaboring this point, but it sounds so, uhm...off-label to me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    I`ve had a bottle of paste for a couple years now. Love having it for white or silver cars. It`s great to spot treat the stubborn rust specks that the spray doesn`t get off. I`ll do a lap around the car after washing and put a drop of paste on each spot, by the time I make my way around I can simply wipe off all the spots
    Now *THAT* is exactly what I`d expect people to do with products like this! Good on you for doing it right instead of just reaching for clay.
    Likes ShaneB liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that I had a used-car dealership for years (where I/we got really awful cars very, very nice as a matter of course) and do know from how other people keep stuff ....I`d assumed that we were discussing neglected vehicles being done by Pros; I just don`t see why people use Ferrous Contamination Removers (whether IronX or "B" or any of the others on the market) for jobs other than removing Ferrous Contamination.

I degrease stuff with degreasers; I remove Ferrous Contamination with products made specifically for that. I don`t use those products for other jobs nor for the *same types of jobs*.

Oh gee, I bet I sound like a [jerk] belaboring this point, but it sounds so, uhm...off-label to me!

I get what your saying and ageee 100%. But if you can get a product to do multiple jobs even if off label then it’s a time saver. For example, personally I will use Iron X b4 I wash a vehicle. I find it just as effective if not better at removing iron then using on a washed vehicle for two reasons... 1) it clings a bit better and doesn’t dry as fast 2) IX is really effective at removing traffic film.

Now IX isn’t what I use to remove traffic film and I wouldn’t use it for just that but sometimes you can kill 2 birds with one stone if you get what I’m saying. I believe that was the point the above was trying to make altho I could have taken it wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Dr Oldz- If the products work well off-label then OK I just tend to go the other way.

Heh heh, sounds like you do too and I think we might`ve just misunderstood each other.

Interesting about the IronX working so well on traffic film...I never would`ve even discovered that since I`ve basically internalized the ValuGard/FK approach of "alkaline, then acidic, then neutral product sequence".

Eh, guess I`m just temperamentally inclined towards dedicated products/inviolate process sequencing. I still scratch my head over all the things people use WD40 for besides, well...Water Dispersal, even though it unquestionably does do those other things just fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information