Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Ceramic Coating 1 Year Test

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I have some thats nearing 2 years old and seems to be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So i used it at the 1.5 year mark and all was fine thin luquid. Its 2-3 months later and checked it. Solid as a rock. Tossed it. I would say 1.5-2 years is shelf life

Post Thanks / Like

Coating on the roof are closer to the sun Than coating on the the hood thats probably why.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to hear about 22PLE Insanity - I have an unopened bottle And now not excited for their Activate and finitura
    Hmm may re-look into the Gyeon stuff.. never thought too much of them before.

Maybe you should start another test with the Shine Supply / Gyeon and Carpro with the addition of / vs.

- Gtechniq CSL

- Dr Beasley`s Nano Resin / MX

Any of the new type `Graphenes`

- Adams Ceramic Graphine
    - Ethos Graphine etc.....

Post Thanks / Like

This just backs up my lack of want for a coating that is intended to last more than a year. Cquartz Lite has held up well for me but to be fair due to Covid the truck doesn`t nearly have the driving time this year. However it does live outside but I can say that after a year on there the vertical panels look (beading wise) as good as when it was installed. The closest I`ve come to topping it is post wash where I only spritz at least two 16x16" PFMs with Merlins mix (1 Reload: 1 Ech2o: 10 distilled). Though I think about half way through the year and maybe one other time I sprayed directly to the hood in spray sealant like application. Washing has been exclusively Reset with an occasional rinseless done with Ech2o. The hood is still well protected but you can see beading degrading compared to vertical, I don`t look at the roof as much since it`s a slightly lifted Tacoma and it`s out of my day to day view without stepping up to look.

As others have stated the bottle 1 year in has turned to sludge. I got 3 one coat applications out of it on 3 different vehicles but I don`t follow them as closely as mine but they`re both very happy still. Guess the next bottle I`ll get a couple more vehicles coated with it, was interested to see how well it reapplied without polishing, going to have to do that with the work van that we usually hit occasionally with Hydro Blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    My Cancoat is at 10.5 months opened and trying to find use by December when it will be 12 months opened. The overall bottle is about around 1.75 years old.

I had messaged Gyeon about this shelf life (listed along with other Gyeon Q2 products as 12 months), and they confirmed that if sealed and in a dark place with moderate temperature, it can last “way after this [12 month] period”.

Correction: First paragraph is discussing 10.5 months since opening. Correction made. The bottle is 1.75 years since I bought it.
    I don’t think dark place matters. Mine was in well lit room and lasted 1.5 years. I think dark places matter for glass bottles not aluminum or plastic

Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I don’t think dark place matters. Mine was in well lit room and lasted 1.5 years. I think dark places matter for glass bottles not aluminum or plastic

Agree. It`s an aluminum can, so no light will get through. It`s more important to keep the lid screwed on tight. I`d also discount the temperatures too. I kept my can in our unheated garage. Two of the four walls are shared with the house, but it does get cold enough to freeze occasionally when the weather is truly awful. I never had a bit of trouble with it. With all the solvents in it, I doubt it is all that temperature sensitive.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    Sad to hear about 22PLE Insanity - I have an unopened bottle And now not excited for their Activate and finitura
    Hmm may re-look into the Gyeon stuff.. never thought too much of them before.

Maybe you should start another test with the Shine Supply / Gyeon and Carpro with the addition of / vs.

- Gtechniq CSL

- Dr Beasley`s Nano Resin / MX

Any of the new type `Graphenes`

- Adams Ceramic Graphine
    - Ethos Graphine etc.....
    Go ahead and use it. You may have a different experience and end up liking it. Plus you will be using Finitura so it won`t matter since you are topping it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Go ahead and use it. You may have a different experience and end up liking it. Plus you will be using Finitura so it won`t matter since you are topping it.

Yeah, I`ll have a car to test it on soon.
    I`ve already tried Finitura with HPC and it seemed to take away the good properties of look and feel of the HPC.
    I know this is meant for protecting it from waterspots and such. I guess I will have another go and have some panels with and without it on top of Insanity.

Activate primer looks very watery in the bottle. I don`t see anyone that has used this as a primer and raved about it.

I do recall someone using carpro essence with a 22ple coating that seemed to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mg031 View Post
    Yeah, I`ll have a car to test it on soon.
    I`ve already tried Finitura with HPC and it seemed to take away the good properties of look and feel of the HPC.
    I know this is meant for protecting it from waterspots and such. I guess I will have another go and have some panels with and without it on top of Insanity.

Activate primer looks very watery in the bottle. I don`t see anyone that has used this as a primer and raved about it.

I do recall someone using carpro essence with a 22ple coating that seemed to help.
    I am not a finitura. Sure it offers slickness but its more of a sheeting type product and like you said it takes the beauty away from the actual coatings performance. I don`t know how good it is as protecting against water spots compared to their VS1 spray coating. The good thing is finitura does not last long. I got 3 months before the coatings true behavior was back.

I applied Insanity topped with VS1 on my dad`s car and it spotted 2 weeks after application on the hood. I have been letting it ride since July 2020 and it`s been a nice combo. Insanity does have some pretty impressive gloss though. But it is not as slick as 22ple hyped it up to be. Hydrophobics don`t seem any better compared to HPC or even VX Pro2. I actually thought HPC was a tad slicker. I will be polishing off Insanity shortly anyway. I was not too impressed with it at the moment. Maybe i will give it a shot later on again.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes BudgetPlan1, acuRAS82 liked this post

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information