Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2020 Ceramic Coating 1 Year Test

Quote Originally Posted by rand0m View Post
    Any updates? If you still have any Cquartz Lite, any issues with the shelf life? I saw that Loach’s bottle solidified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Expect the last video update in December time frame when this 1 year test is over and time for the next one.

I tossed out my bottle of Cquartz Lite a few weeks ago. It was unusable after a little over a year. CarPro states it has a 1 year shelf life.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes rand0m liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Expect the last video update in December time frame when this 1 year test is over and time for the next one.

I tossed out my bottle of Cquartz Lite a few weeks ago. It was unusable after a little over a year. CarPro states it has a 1 year shelf life.
    I didn`t like when my Zaino ZFX dried up and it was only $20. This is one reason why I`m not completely sold on some of these coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah ok. Wish they sold smaller sizes then...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I didn`t like when my Zaino ZFX dried up and it was only $20. This is one reason why I`m not completely sold on some of these coatings.
    It doesn`t make sense to me but like Mike P says find what you like and use it often.

The fact that CQ Lite hardens is a sign as to the amount of solids within the product meaning it will leave a more durable protection than a wax or sealant. Which it has already proven to be quite durable.

Ah ok. Wish they sold smaller sizes then...

You could just go straight to UK 3.0. Lite uses the formula for UK 3.0 after all.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn`t make sense to me but like Mike P says find what you like and use it often.

The fact that CQ Lite hardens is a sign as to the amount of solids within the product meaning it will leave a more durable protection than a wax or sealant. Which it has already proven to be quite durable.

You could just go straight to UK 3.0. Lite uses the formula for UK 3.0 after all.
    I do have 3.0 already on my daily driver. Lite seemed appealing since I could do a polish and put on a fresh coat in a year. It’s been almost 2 years with the 3.0 and it could definitely go longer. I think part of it is just boredom. Sometimes I miss the process of wax/sealant but sometimes I don’t.

Likes Skiwhmts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice selection and very helpful and money saving. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps this is the way to go. Decon 6 months in, reapply and move on.

I feel like we`ve come full circle as that`s what you`d do with Powerlock and the other WOWO sealants of yesteryear hah. Decon wasn`t even a thing back then, you just slapped more on before the seasons changed.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I feel like we`ve come full circle as that`s what you`d do with Powerlock and the other WOWO sealants of yesteryear hah. Decon wasn`t even a thing back then, you just slapped more on before the seasons changed.
    This is why I wouldn`t even bother with a coating lite unable to get me at least one year worth of protection. Anything less and they are simply an expensive sealant with great water beading. Fortunately, I found CanCoat to last a full 12 months with only occasional applications of Cure.

While an interesting experience while it lasted, I think my "coating lite" days have come to an end. From here on all most likely stick with the longer lasting coatings simply so I don`t have to worry about adding an additional layer to get through a winter.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    This is why I wouldn`t even bother with a coating lite unable to get me at least one year worth of protection. Anything less and they are simply an expensive sealant with great water beading. Fortunately, I found CanCoat to last a full 12 months with only occasional applications of Cure.

While an interesting experience while it lasted, I think my "coating lite" days have come to an end. From here on all most likely stick with the longer lasting coatings simply so I don`t have to worry about adding an additional layer to get through a winter.
    I agree. A 1 - 2 year life would be the sweet spot for me. The vehicles I deal with all have some non-wash related marring I like to take care of in the spring. Just need it to coast through the winter where I don’t have to rush to redo it the next year when things start to thaw. I also think the price point on some of these “true” coatings is reaching the point where this is practical.
    Likes Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Two coats of Cancoat/TAC Moonlight type products are the sweetspot for me.. 9-12 months of really strong protection, applied to a base of CarPro Essence.

Any form of marring or light scratches picked up taken care of the following year after a thorough decon & if required clay.

My days of fussing around with expensive coatings, tiptoeing around them are over. There just aren`t enough benefits for me personally as someone who can apply lite-coatings very easily and get 10+ cars out of a bottle.
    Likes acuRAS82, BudgetPlan1, DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some great points for both true coating benefits and coating benefits going on in this thread. Cons too, but it’s clear that each has their place depending on what is being desired.
    Likes Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Two coats of Cancoat/TAC Moonlight type products are the sweetspot for me.. 9-12 months of really strong protection, applied to a base of CarPro Essence.

Any form of marring or light scratches picked up taken care of the following year after a thorough decon & if required clay.

My days of fussing around with expensive coatings, tiptoeing around them are over. There just aren`t enough benefits for me personally as someone who can apply lite-coatings very easily and get 10+ cars out of a bottle.
    What’s the shelf life of cancoat?

Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have some thats nearing 2 years old and seems to be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks rand0m thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

2020 Ceramic Coating 1 Year Test

What’s the shelf life of cancoat?
    My Cancoat is at 10.5 months opened and trying to find use by December when it will be 12 months opened. The overall bottle is about around 1.75 years old.

I had messaged Gyeon about this shelf life (listed along with other Gyeon Q2 products as 12 months), and they confirmed that if sealed and in a dark place with moderate temperature, it can last “way after this [12 month] period”.

Correction: First paragraph is discussing 10.5 months since opening. Correction made. The bottle is 1.75 years since I bought it.
    Likes William_Wallace, rand0m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I successfully kept a bottle of usable CanCoat for around 12 months. I ran out of the product after using it on multiple cars multiple times.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information