Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

Wish I were on the forums a couple days ago, got in and got a little bit IF IT IS REALLY STILL IN STOCK. That has happened to me too a few times before.
    1 MK37-121 - 8 oz. Mckee`s 37 Headlight Restoring Polish
    1 DAK-48-NC - Dakota Odor Bomb Car Odor Eliminator- New
    1 MK37-370 - 16 oz. McKee`s 37 Foaming Wheel Cleaner Gel
    1 MK37-730 - McKee`s 37 Polishing Pad Rejuvenator
    1 MK37-5000 - 16 oz. McKee`s 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner
    1 MK37-6000 - 16 oz. McKee`s 37 Polishing Pad Conditione
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I called this one a while ago as the writing has been on the wall. It will be just a matter of time before a new web-store will be set up that will directly compete against AG. Cheers to Bob for reinventing the wheel. Or at least for making a well spirited attempt.
    I also saw this coming when Mr McKee kept the McKee 37 line (along with the building). I can`t imagine Mr George will go down without a fight though. If I were him I would put every available resource that I had out to destroy McKee 37. The courthouse would be my first stop. See who can out spend who ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    I also saw this coming when Mr McKee kept the McKee 37 line (along with the building). I can`t imagine Mr George will go down without a fight though. If I were him I would put every available resource that I had out to destroy McKee 37. The courthouse would be my first stop. See who can out spend who ...
    Smart business people don`t let their ego`s lead them into a money losing situation. The best fight is on the retail front where sales dollars determine the winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Smart business people don`t let their ego`s lead them into a money losing situation. The best fight is on the retail front where sales dollars determine the winner.
    Most successful people that I`ve met didnt get that way by being meek. It`s hard to become successful without being very confident in yourself (big ego). These folk also don`t like losing.
    Tying someone up with a lenghty (and EXPENSIVE) court battle can sometimes be the smart move.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    What...people order something and instead of receiving it they get a notice that the order was cancelled while still offering the product for sale? Gee, that does sound [crappy].

Dan K- Welcome to Autopia!

Sorry to hear about your experiences with AG and the Autopia store, but if it`s any consolation (understand if it`s not!), most of the time people here do OK ordering from them.
    Thanks for the welcome Accumulator. I have been a forum member for years but had never posted here, just on the AG forum.

I have made many (too many!) purchases from these stores over the years with mostly good results. The issues with the McKees items being cancelled and a couple of past customer service issues have been a disappointment to me. I do feel compelled to say that I sent an email to AG customer service and did receive a prompt reply back, so that was good.

Post Thanks / Like

Well here it is just like everyone else said it would be.

I also cannot believe they dont have some tracking software to tell customers when there is nothing left in stock. Even if it is just a pending order against your stock on hand it shouldnt let you order. Im just about done with AG and ACC myself. How can they go from the BEST in the business to average in 3 years? REALLY SAD

Date: 1/13/2020
    Online Order #: 235245
    Internal Order #: 2360345

Dear Don,

We are sorry to inform you that we are no longer carrying some of the merchandise on your recent order. The discontinued item has been removed from your invoice. If applicable, a refund will be issued.

Discontinued item: 16 oz. McKee`s 37 Foaming Wheel Cleaner Gel

We thank you for shopping with us. If you should have any further questions, feel free to contact us.

Regards,
    Customer Service
    Autopia Car Care
    customerservice@autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Successful people generally don`t have *egos*, they have self esteem. There`s a reason why people in the Psych field derisively call big egos "selfish steam"

Being "meek" or not is a completely different topic that has nothing to do with this. Getting a lawyer to pursue something...anything... in the Courts only takes a phone call or an email, but be careful what you wish for. The meekest guy in the world can drag something through the courts forever, or at least until he runs out of money (and maybe time) since lawyers are doing his fighting for him until his checks don`t clear. The boldest guy in the world may well have better things to expend his resources on, and the self-confidence to allocate those resources rationally regardless of what others think about it.

Back to the topic at hand...

[Accumulator climbs down off his soapbox..]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Well here it is just like everyone else said it would be.

I also cannot believe they don`t have some tracking software to tell customers when there is nothing left in stock. Even if it is just a pending order against your stock on hand it shouldn`t let you order. I`m just about done with AG and ACC myself. How can they go from the BEST in the business to average in 3 years? REALLY SAD
    These order issues about being able to order things that aren`t really in stock, and either them just getting cancelled later, or the order being held up without notification, have been going on FOREVER at PBMG. I think I`ve had this problem going back to probably the first time I ordered in 2004 or 2005, I`ve posted about it over time, we had a big go-round with it almost 5 years ago in a thread, where I was PM`ing Ray with suggestions.

On the plus side, I seem to have succeeded with the foaming wheel cleaner where you didn`t The only thing that got canceled AFTER I ordered was the glass coating...there were 3 items I had in my cart that they told me weren`t really there only after I put my CC info in and pressed the button. I really don`t understand how that didn`t happen when I went from "cart" to "checkout", but it didn`t and then it wouldn`t accept my CC after it removed the items, and I had to use a different payment method (unless it asked for the expiration or CVV again and I missed it).

A few days into this they DID remove a number of items from the store that posters in this thread had noted were gone, but like you, hard to imagine a system where they have to do that manually instead of it dynamically tracking inventory, even if it`s not quite right since the count can get screwed up lots of ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Hey, that`s good thinking! As the Self-Help gal says, "just store stuff at the store by not buying it until you need it".

I`m trying to be better about that too, including not telling myself that I "have to buy [whatever] while I still can". Lots of "it can`t get better than this!" stuff I`ve..accumulated...isn`t All That after all (anybody want tons of M16? ).
    Yeah, I do that all the time... I love XYZ so much that I need to keep some around in case it gets discontinued. There is only 1 thing I would truly miss if it was NLA, and that is Klasse AIO. There is nothing with similar functionality. The other stuff always has similar replacements.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- I *don`t* regret stocking up on certain unique 1Z Pro-Line Polishes, but that`s about it. I`m probably forgetting something I`d hate to be without, but I guess *that`s* a clue Well...3M PI-III Machine Glaze is the *perfect* polish for exterior Audi black plastics..but I bet something else would work fine too.

I agree with you on the KAIO, although the Poorboy`s Polish with Sealant that JustJesus sent me seems very similar. Nice that the KAIO never goes bad, stuff I bought in the `90s looks awful but still works just like new.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I also cannot believe they dont have some tracking software to tell customers when there is nothing left in stock. Even if it is just a pending order against your stock on hand it shouldnt let you order. Im just about done with AG and ACC myself. How can they go from the BEST in the business to average in 3 years? REALLY SAD

Date: 1/13/2020
    Online Order #: 235245
    Internal Order #: 2360345
    I think that is just it, AG and AU web stores do not have visibility to their inventory systems. The best evidence of that is that you were issued an order number AND an internal order number. That means the web store likely e-mails order details to some internal system which cuts a purchase order for the warehouse system. Sigh.

Think about it-- the AU forum cannot even deal with apostrophes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I think that is just it, AG and AU web stores do not have visibility to their inventory systems. The best evidence of that is that you were issued an order number AND an internal order number. That means the web store likely e-mails order details to some internal system which cuts a purchase order for the warehouse system. Sigh.

Think about it-- the AU forum cannot even deal with apostrophes.
    I would agree

I ordered this through Autogeek

https://www.autogeek.net/boyd-coddin...-detailer.html

I got an email saying it is discontinued and it was cancelled from my order, but it still shows on the cyber busters page.

Really disappointed because it looked like a good I terior detailer to use between cleanings

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It’s funny but two orders, one from AG and one from Autopia and all my gallons got cancelled. Good way to get rid of the 16oz bottles people probably weren’t buying.

“Hey get this gallon of stuff you want at a great price!”

Sure.... oops need to spend a little more to get free shipping or just try new stuff.

“Oh hey sorry but the great deal on the gallons you wanted are gone but were still gonna ship you the things were trying to get rid off....cool?”

I kid.... sort of... what i dont like is how they notify you with a form letter and don’t ask how you’d like to proceed with rest of orders, I cancelled both.... and seriously though... did anyone actually get the gallons they ordered?

Try not to usually focus on the negative but left a sour taste in my mouth....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

I kid.... sort of... what i dont like is how they notify you with a form letter and don’t ask how you’d like to proceed with rest of orders, I cancelled both.... and seriously though... did anyone actually get the gallons they ordered?

Try not to usually focus on the negative but left a sour taste in my mouth....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yesterday I received 4 out of the 6 gallons I ordered. I pulled the box in the house and caught a whiff of citrus. I thought it was the Sumo Orange sitting on the counter. Once I opened the box I discovered it was actually half a gallon of Tar Max. I emailed autopia this morning to see what they will do. I know it was 50% off but I didn`t think it meant I received 50% less of the product.
    The last time I placed a large order I had products that arrived leaking all over due to poor packaging. This time it was packaged relatively well but apparently I cannot place orders for anything heavy from them anymore.

I ordered Thursday 1/9 at 8:18am. I tried to order 3 gallons of iron remover and 3 gallons of other items. The order went through like everyone else. I received a shipping notification at 1:01pm showing only 1 gallon of tar max but the other 3 items were listed, so I promptly emailed them saying I think there was a mistake. The reply said sorry we don`t have enough product (tar max) and a refund will be coming. I received the refund notification shortly there after. It`s annoying and I`m surprised there isn`t better item tracking but what can ya do? I like to buy from autopia to support the forum but after repeat issues it makes it hard to keep coming back. We will see how they handle this, generally customer service is good from them.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like

Gallons always seem to be a crapshoot.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information