Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Well if it is any consolation, the Autopia Store is running a 50% off sale on McKee`s 37 products in stock. So for those of you who are on fence about trying some of their products, here is your change to do so at clearance prices OR those of you who love their products and use them frequently , here`s a chance to stock up.
    FWIW, AG has McKee’s in their outlet store as well. Not straight 50% off like Autopia, but discounted heavily.

I agree on the disconcerting effect of Amazon. While it’s hard to argue the convenience, I try to support other businesses first. The other part I hate about Amazon is the sheer wastefulness that results from feeding people’s instant gratification needs. I ordered a fancy lotion for my wife for Christmas, a 10oz tube showed up in a box you could fit 2 16oz bottles and a few tins of wax...
    Likes mobiledynamics liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

JUMPED on that 50% sale! Picked up a few favs.

1 MK37-361 - 128 oz. McKee`s 37 Floor Mat & Cargo Liner
    1 MK37-421 - 128 oz. McKee`s 37 Hi-Intensity All Purpose
    2 MK37-380 - 16 oz. McKee`s 37 Interior Surface Protectant
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post

I agree on the disconcerting effect of Amazon. While it’s hard to argue the convenience, I try to support other businesses first.
    If one was to run a yearly report on how much I was to spend on Amazon 9/8/7/6 years back, it would be in the -few thousands- per year. Some years probably double digits. Since they have let so many 3rd party sellers run their available items, the last 2 years has been 75-80% reduction in spend with them. I still keep our Prime membership regardless, 1 day, SAME day does have it`s usefulness when time is scarce, those said delivery timeframes do help.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    If one was to run a yearly report on how much I was to spend on Amazon 9/8/7/6 years back, it would be in the -few thousands-. Since they have let so many 3rd party sellers run their available items, the last 2 years has been 75-80% reduction in spend with them. I still keep our Prime membership regardless, 1 day, SAME day does have it`s usefulness when time is scarce, those said delivery timeframes do help.
    Amigo !
    This is all so true ! I am a Prime Member since it began in 2005 I believe, an Amazon Member since 2002..
    I also ran over 100 orders a year and I don`t even want to know what the totals were.

The past few years since they totally opened up the Chinese gates, I have used Amazon less and less.. There is just too much stuff to sift through now, and its all Chinese crap..
    Getting harder and harder every year now to wade through all of it and try to find better quality stuff vs the Chinese knock-off-sub-par copies..

It`s sad that Amazon lowered themselves to this.. Guess the margin must be so good, they cannot help themselves..
    And their Call Centers are in foreign countries, and it is sometimes hard to understand their C/S Reps..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I typically don`t use Amazon for stuff I can easily find in local store, but that still doesn`t mean I don`t spend quite a bit there. Some days when I don`t want to face the disfunction and chaos of our local WalMarts I`ll go to Amazon first.

As for the influx of all the Chinese knock-off vendors, I`ve always been very cautious to look at the "sold by" portion of the item listing. I`ll only buy the product if it is sold directly by Amazon or a known, reputable company (i.e. Belkin, PBMG, McKee`s 37, Google, Dell etc) I won`t buy it. We encountered issues with returns years ago and are much more cautious today. However, it really hasn`t slowed down our purchasing. It`s just more targeted now.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Well if it is any consolation, the Autopia Store is running a 50% off sale on McKee`s 37 products in stock. So for those of you who are on fence about trying some of their products, here is your change to do so at clearance prices OR those of you who love their products and use them frequently , here`s a chance to stock up.
    Thanks for the heads-up. (I think) I wound up buying several things I didn`t know I needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Desertnate -

Re. your last post. Be aware of how product stock is managed.
    It does not matter if you are buying Amazon Direct or 3rd party FULFILLED by Amazon Warehouse.
    You can potentially received a counterfeit item
    Many things like Camera Memory Cards, and things than can easily be FAKED, Amazon currently MIXES their inventory with those 3rd parties . So the stock that is sent to you may or may not be Genuine. This is one of the many reasons why I don`t buy from Amazon.

Everything can be faked. About a decade or less ago, I was working on a Cisco hardware at like midnight/ 1-2AM.
    Got Cisco on the line, give them the serial #.
    Cisco`s telling me the serial # I am giving them belonged to NASA....

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, got fake NGK spark plugs from Amazon earlier this year. I`m not the only one....
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite, in response to your post on the environmental statement . Ill keep this short to not sidetrack the OP but .......

"in 2018, returned merchandise amounted to 10% of all retail sales--to the tune of $369 BILLION. UPS projects return packages this holiday season at 1 million PER DAY, and almost 2 million/day right after NYD"

Post Thanks / Like

The one product I perhaps wanted to buy, McKees Pad Cleaner in the large Gallon Jug is MIA here. And not discounted at Autogeek.
    Hmmm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    The one product I perhaps wanted to buy, McKees Pad Cleaner in the large Gallon Jug is MIA here. And not discounted at Autogeek.
    Hmmm.
    Polishing pad cleaner and conditioner only ones that seem to not be on sale. Wish i woulda waited on the tire coating. 3 weeks to soon.

Ordered some sio2 soap, R&T rejuvenator concentrate and another bottle of the coating prep. AG sale with a 25% off coupon and using a gift certificate that was on sale. Its almost like itxwas free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Desertnate -

Re. your last post. Be aware of how product stock is managed.
    It does not matter if you are buying Amazon Direct or 3rd party FULFILLED by Amazon Warehouse.
    You can potentially received a counterfeit item
    Many things like Camera Memory Cards, and things than can easily be FAKED, Amazon currently MIXES their inventory with those 3rd parties . So the stock that is sent to you may or may not be Genuine. This is one of the many reasons why I don`t buy from Amazon.

Everything can be faked. About a decade or less ago, I was working on a Cisco hardware at like midnight/ 1-2AM.
    Got Cisco on the line, give them the serial #.
    Cisco`s telling me the serial # I am giving them belonged to NASA....
    Yup product is shippedcto Amazon Distribution centers where the store and ship. No gaurantees to be authentic. Best if the seller and fulfillment is actual manufacturer or distributor.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Yep, got fake NGK spark plugs from Amazon earlier this year. I`m not the only one....
    Happy New Year, Tom P., and Family !!!

Sorry about this fake NGK plug fiasco.. I saw awhile back some poor guy bought a set of NGK plugs and they were -different sized- !!!!!
    He had to use a different socket size even!!! I would have never let it get that far..

I need to get some for my `07 TL Type-S but I`m waiting until I can get down the nice people who sold me the car and just buy them from them..
    They wont have fakes because they dont buy them either..
    It is sad it has come to this now..
    I am not sure that China is our friend..
    Dan F
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Happy New Year, Tom P., and Family !!!

Sorry about this fake NGK plug fiasco.. I saw awhile back some poor guy bought a set of NGK plugs and they were -different sized- !!!!!
    He had to use a different socket size even!!! I would have never let it get that far..

I need to get some for my `07 TL Type-S but I`m waiting until I can get down the nice people who sold me the car and just buy them from them..
    They wont have fakes because they dont buy them either..
    It is sad it has come to this now..
    I am not sure that China is our friend..
    Dan F
    I dont think it has to do with ethnicity. As many Americans are reselling cheaply made knock offs to make a buck. Stuff just comes from china but the person with the bad ethics is the one to be ipset with.

And with chinese manufacturing they can make a quality product as good if not better than the US. Its up to companies who have them make the products to determine the quality.

Look at the g15 and g21. Definitely ordered to a high standard because they outperform maxshines name branded one. Theirs a cost to requiring it manufactured with the best parts.

Maybe the problem with the G9. Could be Manufacturer not holding up their end or Griots trying to make more dollars. Yet to be seen. I suspect inferior parts because with all the “upgrades” the G9 is almost sane price as GG6

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve gotten a few Amazon packages that came straight from China (floor mats for instance), the packages had Chinese postage/text and wreaked of cigarette smoke. The floor mats were creased all over, not made of real leather like the description implied, and didn’t really look like picture design. It was my fault though for not realizing that it was manufactured and distributed from China. Lessons learned, I’m not on the market for Amazon basic items from China anymore.
    Likes Stokdgs, Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information