Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Doesn`t Bob still own the buildings where PBMG operate? That could make things interesting. I know he just finished a new facility for McKee`s 37 and the rest of the businesses (I think) he retained after the sale.

I`ll be curious to see if we ever get the McKee`s 37 products in the Advanced Auto and WalMart`s in my area. The normal box-store brands rules the shelves here and we don`t even get that many Meguiars and Mothers products. Griot`s products are even more rare.
    Can`t speak for St. Louis, but here in So Cal, if I go to Walmart I see Chemical Guys stuff now, only a few products. But just a few years ago nothing. Griot`s has became easy to find in my area too. It use to be rare that I`d find a good Meguiar`s product.

Post Thanks / Like

This is crazy news.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of makes sense, AG/ACC get a product to arrive to a customer in about a week. Between Amazon and Advance Auto Parts, a customer can get a product within a few days. For the consumer, the more immediate gratification always wins. I`d imagine that AG/ACC are loosing sales hand over fist to Amazon; have you guys been paying attention to how many sales there have been, this last year compared to a few years ago? Personally, I haven`t ordered from AG/ACC in a long time, Amazon has had my business. MeGee, I`m sure has seen his opportunity to expand and get his product into more hands.
    Likes bad penny, Bobh591 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is odd news, I`ve purchased quite a few McKee`s Products over the last few years and nearly all were at the recommendations of AG/Autopians. I do most of my purchases on the 25% off type sales so buying an M37 product at Amazon pricing isn`t happening. At that point there are dozens of alternate brands available at PBMG to try in it`s place.

Just seems like there are too many GOOD detailing products out there to make a move like this.
    Likes dcjredline liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    This is odd news, I`ve purchased quite a few McKee`s Products over the last few years and nearly all were at the recommendations of AG/Autopians. I do most of my purchases on the 25% off type sales so buying an M37 product at Amazon pricing isn`t happening. At that point there are dozens of alternate brands available at PBMG to try in it`s place.

Just seems like there are too many GOOD detailing products out there to make a move like this.
    You can buy direct from McKee`s and other members have stated that they do have sales. My guess would be that when the split first occurred between PBMG and M37, PBMG negotiated a really good distribution deal. Now that M37 is set up with their own facility they probably wanted to renegotiate that and maybe PBMG didn`t play ball, so Mr. McKee took his ball. Just a guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Advance Auto and Walmart cut shelf space for them. Probably on-line only. If that`s the case, just order direct from Mckees
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You can buy direct from McKee`s and other members have stated that they do have sales. My guess would be that when the split first occurred between PBMG and M37, PBMG negotiated a really good distribution deal. Now that M37 is set up with their own facility they probably wanted to renegotiate that and maybe PBMG didn`t play ball, so Mr. McKee took his ball. Just a guess.
    I realize that, I guess what I am saying is that posters on Autogeek/Autopia "sold" me on M37 products I`ve bought. I have quite a few product categories that M37 is the brand I went with. I rarely stumble onto M37 being mentioned elsewhere. So if I had never found AG/Autopia I`d very likely never have bought an M37 product. I`m not beholden to PBMG or anything but now it gives me an excuse to try something else. Especially when I`m sitting on a $300 gift card that doesn`t spend elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Dallas Auto Salon???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    Bob did not sell the business.
    He just expanded his distribution from 2 to over 5,100 across north america, export etc.
    One week of product shipments to the new distributorship will be more than 2 years through the dropped distribution
    Sooooo Bob still owns PBMG, Autogeek and Autopia but won’t sell Mckee’s through AG and Autopia?

I musta missed something......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Sooooo Bob still owns PBMG, Autogeek and Autopia but won’t sell Mckee’s through AG and Autopia?

I musta missed something......
    I assume Ron meant he didn’t sell Mckees or he didn’t sell the PBMG building in Florida. Bob did sell PBMG to Vision in 2016.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

WOW. That`s a bummer. I for one loved a lot of their products. Guess I will have to order direct now.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Does the mean Mckee`s 37 can`t be mentioned on the sister site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    Does the mean Mckee`s 37 can`t be mentioned on the sister site.
    That`s how I would interpret it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if it is any consolation, the Autopia Store is running a 50% off sale on McKee`s 37 products in stock. So for those of you who are on fence about trying some of their products, here is your change to do so at clearance prices OR those of you who love their products and use them frequently , here`s a chance to stock up.

Sounds like a "Screw `Em" sale to me.

I think many of you are correct in your analysis of the situation about using Amazon now, especially with its Prime Membership and perks of priority 1 or 2-day shipping and/or free shipping. If you are going to buy from an Internet re-seller, why just from someone who sells ONLY detailing supplies and equipment? You want to buy from a re-seller that sells EVERYTHING you want or need and order on-line with one order! And apparently, many of you Autopians are doing just that through Amazon.

It is very disconcerting to see the impact that Amazon has on retail business in general AND what this might mean to Palm Beach Motoring Group (PBMG) and the Autopia Store and, hence, this Autopia forum.

I will lament the lose of brick-and-mortar (AKA physical) stores in my neighborhood (Green Bay, WI); No Sears, K-mart, Office Depot, Wisconsin-based Yonkers, AND Green Bay-headquartered Shopko stores, not to mention a host of smaller national chain specialty stores that made up the malls in this area. These WERE (past tense) stores that gave jobs to host of individuals, albeit minimum wage and part-time. But judging by the number of on-line ordering and store pick-up fulfillment "shoppers" I see at such brick-and mortar stores offering those services OR restaurant/fast-food third-party delivery services, its a new employment opportunity. Compete with Amazon or go out of business.

"Times, they are a changin`", as Bob Dylan sings.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

to put things into a different perspective....
    The mass market chains with the many - consumers- out there primarily buying Meg, EO, TW, etc....That`s alot of market

versus

*the autopian enthusias*, who like me, only shops at a handful or (less) places when buying detailing supplies.
    Right now all the towels for the most part if the TRC and just short of some coatings I need to buy elsewhere, everything has always been from ACC/Geek.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information