Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Funny.... ill buy a $100 dollar 16oz bottle of sealant in a heartbeat but too cheap to pay for prime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amigo !
    Hope you guys are all good !

My Prime Membership with Amazon costs me $119.00/year..
    And it`s not just free Shipping, it`s also Free Prime Video, Free Prime Music, and a lot more optional things that cost a little more money..

They also have Rewards Points that you get with their Visa Card..

Yes, sometimes, items cost a little more on Amazon than on say, EBay, for example.. But then you have to sometimes pay Shipping with Ebay..

I live in the Farmland now and the little towns around me have barely anything compared to the big cities I used to live in, so Amazon is really good for getting things I know I will never find here in the boonies..
    Dan F
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wait...an Autopian buying more and more stuff they don`t need?? Sounds pretty far-fetched to me.
    I was gonna say something similar. LIKE that is a PRIME problem??? LOL Just about every week someone here says they buy more than they need in this store or AG store HA HA HA. Yeah Bill its only because of prime, totally specific to the all evil prime right? HA HA HA
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Funny.... ill buy a $100 dollar 16oz bottle of sealant in a heartbeat but too cheap to pay for prime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I`m too cheap to pay for Prime too, but I`ll buy 8 things in a year using same day shipping. Which winds up costing me more than Prime lol. I think they offer a monthly payment option for Prime too. My track record with same day shipping`s not great. I`ve ordered things "I HAD TO HAVE!" than I haven`t even used yet lol. In my mind a week shipping`s too long, who cares if I might not even use it for a long time after I get it? I worked at an Amazon warehouse, it`s astounding how many people order 50 pound bags of cat liter. unloading and boxing a pallet of nothing but 50lb cat liters suuuuucks! I don`t know how but they sure seems like they weight a lot damn more than 50 pounds. Working there the 3 months I did, it`s truly amazing all of the stuff some people order with same day/next day shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    ... it`s astounding how many people order 50 pound bags of cat liter.
    Guilty as charged McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Guilty as charged McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

I bet the UPS drivers hate delivering those up stairs, I know 50lb is 50lb but those and the boxes of reems of paper seem to weigh like 3x what they were. Maybe because they`re so small in comparison to something that comes in a much bigger box. I use to watch the tiny female`s struggling to package up cat liter and I felt bad for them lol. I mean I guess if I had a cat and free Prime shipping I`d order liter from Amazon too. I remember days where by myself I`d package up 200 tubs of cat liter. I`m sure many other people did the same those days. This was 1 Amazon location with like 4 more within a 30 minute drive. They really really really sell a lot of cat liter. Well damn I guess they sell a lot of everything.
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

how many more of these did I buy at Big Lots and stash somewhere when they stopped making them? And here I am still on the first one...same goes for the wheel brush.
    LMAO !!! I was going through some of my detailing stuff I have archived in the basement. I must have like 5 of those still packaged that I got from Big Lots. I still don`t want to use the one I have open on tires cause it might get yucky lol.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    LMAO !!! I was going through some of my detailing stuff I have archived in the basement. I must have like 5 of those still packaged that I got from Big Lots. I still don`t want to use the one I have open on tires cause it might get yucky lol.
    This has turned hilarious. I haven’t been in this as long as you guys, but consider me in the current stage that you guys were while in your buy and stash mode. If the apocalypse happens, no one is going to have cleaner wheels, tires and trim than “this guy” (that’s me)!

Post Thanks / Like

As I`ve posted before, my wife definitely *DOES* get her $ worth out of Prime, no question about it. Money well-spent even disregarding the quick shipping. But...

Noting my username and all the [stuff] I`ve, uhm...accumulated...around here... ...my wife and I are over the acquisitional phase of life. When the first of us dies, the surviving spouse is gonna have a job-o`-work getting rid of all the [stuff] as it is, and neither of us wants to make that any worse. Other than Distilled Water, I don`t think I`ve bought anything Detailing-related for at least a year.

I`m simply over buying stuff I don`t really need. Basically woke up one day and accepted that it`s not rational, and from then on it`d simply *bother* me to continue doing that.

IF something I truly rely upon were going off the market (e.g., the 1Z ProLine stuff I`ve stockpiled), that`d be different. But those things are few and far between and the Next Greatest Thing is usually right around the corner anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    ...I only have a hundred towels I haven`t even used yet...
    I assume you`re indulging in a little hyperbole there, but I really *might* have 100 unused towels of various kinds (Detailing and not) around here. I absolutely had that many unused MFs for a long time (bought a gross of the ones I use for household stuff).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I bet the UPS drivers hate delivering those up stairs, I know 50lb is 50lb but those and the boxes of reems of paper seem to weigh like 3x what they were. Maybe because they`re so small in comparison to something that comes in a much bigger box. I use to watch the tiny female`s struggling to package up cat liter and I felt bad for them lol. I mean I guess if I had a cat and free Prime shipping I`d order liter from Amazon too. I remember days where by myself I`d package up 200 tubs of cat liter. I`m sure many other people did the same those days. This was 1 Amazon location with like 4 more within a 30 minute drive. They really really really sell a lot of cat liter. Well damn I guess they sell a lot of everything.
    The cat litter order is generally accompanied by a 25# bag of cat food McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

We dont get too many UPS deliveries from Amazon anymore, usually the blue Amazon trucks. Amazon took over an abandoned old Sears nearby; drive by there around 9am on a Saturday and get caught in the traffic of a hundred vans heading out everywhere...kinda like cockroaches scattering when the light comes on. McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

Post Thanks / Like

The Amazon Delivery people in my area have been slacking off ever since their latest, uhm...change in Delivery Policy. They`ve simply been *lying* about the deliveries, saying they "handed off to the homeowner" when nobody was here and that they "left it at the door" when it`s in the mailbox. We even had [a pricey item] left curbside on the ground (again, they said they handed it off to me). Yes indeed, we complain every time it happens, but it still does.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I should get a job at an Amazon Warehouse someday..

When I was stationed at this little Air Force Radar Station in Texas, my girlfriend`s dad who owned a Moving Company asked me to help unload an entire Railroad Boxcar of 100lb sacks of flour.. It was almost full to the top..
    I did all; it was hard at first, but I got used to it and lucky for me, I was already in great shape to start..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I should get a job at an Amazon Warehouse someday..

When I was stationed at this little Air Force Radar Station in Texas, my girlfriend`s dad who owned a Moving Company asked me to help unload an entire Railroad Boxcar of 100lb sacks of flour.. It was almost full to the top..
    I did all; it was hard at first, but I got used to it and lucky for me, I was already in great shape to start..
    Dan F
    Yeah, but how long did it take you.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It funny/not funny how this topic has "morphed" from McKee`s 37 ending its relationship with PBMG, to everything and anything about Amazon.

It is pretty plain from all this discussion that:
    1) It will NOT stop those of you who love McKee`s 37 car-care products from using them and will continue to order them direct or through an alternate supplier/distributor
    2) It seems EVERYONE orders from Amazon and is a Prime member, and for good reason: it`s how consumer business is done in this Internet/Smartphone era
    It is all about:
    a) Time & Convenience (shop from home; pay with credit card. No driving to brick-n-mortar store in mall and fight the crowds, No checks, no cash)
    b) Product selection and availability (Amazon has everything and its always in stock, NO empty shelves to deal with)
    c) Competitive product price (And I thought Walmart was "inexpensive"! Not since their competitive "let`s-retain-the-better-employee" wage restructuring.) Amazon`s robotic system cost is the equivalent of (x-amount) human employees for (y-amount) years (someone has done this cost and return-on-investment comparison, hence my "x "and "y"values, because I do not know what they truly are), and while they do need maintenance, programming, and software upgrades, they don`t whine about working conditions, get sick, or quit for a better job. Less labor cost as the-most expensive part of business overhead makes you more product price competitive.
    d) Delivery (Today or tomorrow. Use up FedEx and UPS vehicles and gas, not mine)

I again go back to my original post #29 in this thread:
    It is very disconcerting to see the impact that Amazon has on retail business in general AND what this might mean to Palm Beach Motoring Group (PBMG) and the Autopia Store and, hence, this Autopia forum.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not a Prime member and still have no interest in being one at this time
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been an avid Prime member in the past but more and more I liking Amazon less and less for every day purchases as the past few years. I absolutely hate that when you search for random generic items there are 15 different brands and product names for what is all clearly the same exact item. Each have wildly different review scores. Which is another huge negative on Amazon, how can you trust the review system. It`s filled with absolute garbage reviews or even ones that are obviously fake. I know there is a site out there that can even score how fake the overall reviews are, ugh.

Then along comes the Amazon run delivery vehicles. Not that I need any order I place within a day or 2 days, they are almost often a day later than what they state. This wasn`t the case when all the packages were being handled by USPS/UPS/Fedex.

Back on topic of McKee`s, anybody seen the videos done with Yvan the past few days. In particular where Nick is showing Yvan the new McKee`s products. Kind of odd for a guy coming from a brand with what seems like only about 8 products to a table with what looks like 80 sitting there.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information