Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Gallons always seem to be a crapshoot.
    In the past I`ve ordered large amounts and large quantities and not had an issue.
    As I expected, customer service stepped up and is shipping me the leaked amount in 16oz bottle equivalents. That`s exactly the service that keeps me here.

I sure wish I was able to get 3 gallons of iron remover though, verses the 1 gallon I received.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like

The whole `inventory issue is not that BIG of a deal to me. I`m going way back. With David, there would be no Autopia. Then the spawn off of the multiple forums, which fast foward to today, exisited PBMG/ACC/AG - and the 2 forums of autopia/ago. The -talk- / content has changed, but that`s just the nature of the beast. They are still running the stores on yahoo ecommerce (which is old, outdate). Every retailer struggles with inventory managment/count in one way shape or another.....It must cost $$$ to convert to a new pos, and maybe part of the challange is also keeping the historical data of past orders, so hence they stick with yahoo ecommerce. I dunno.....not that it matters.

As long as this free forum exist so we can YAK on the products and as long as the prices are still good over at ACC/AG, then I live with all the good and the bad....
    Likes Strong66, acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
    Yesterday I received 4 out of the 6 gallons I ordered. I pulled the box in the house and caught a whiff of citrus. I thought it was the Sumo Orange sitting on the counter. Once I opened the box I discovered it was actually half a gallon of Tar Max. I emailed autopia this morning to see what they will do. I know it was 50% off but I didn`t think it meant I received 50% less of the product.
    The last time I placed a large order I had products that arrived leaking all over due to poor packaging. This time it was packaged relatively well but apparently I cannot place orders for anything heavy from them anymore.

I ordered Thursday 1/9 at 8:18am. I tried to order 3 gallons of iron remover and 3 gallons of other items. The order went through like everyone else. I received a shipping notification at 1:01pm showing only 1 gallon of tar max but the other 3 items were listed, so I promptly emailed them saying I think there was a mistake. The reply said sorry we don`t have enough product (tar max) and a refund will be coming. I received the refund notification shortly there after. It`s annoying and I`m surprised there isn`t better item tracking but what can ya do? I like to buy from autopia to support the forum but after repeat issues it makes it hard to keep coming back. We will see how they handle this, generally customer service is good from them.
    Theyll take care of you on leaked gallons, great customer service but i get it, its annoying. Im just hoping its a one time thing and not changes from new owners. Ive worked for several small companies purchased by larger ones and sometimes its logistics that were fixed and sometimes it was new owners making decisions.

Anyways for me customer service is key and if your unhappy with a company.... your dollars really inly way to speak up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to play the devil`s advocate (You already are, Captain Obvious!) but I do wonder how much business and, hence, profits, the Autopia Store will lose because of this change by a car-care manufacturer. I do not know what percentage of sales McKee`s-37 represented for PBMG, but if you are like me, I tend to buy my car-care detailing supplies from ONE source so I only have to fill out ONE order form and deal with ONE company, not to mention the free shipping that generally goes along with a larger dollar amount in a single order. Not that I have not ordered from multiple supplies, but having to order a few items from a different supplier because my main supplier may not carry a product I really like and use usually means I will do without it because the shipping cost are just too much. But that is the frugal me.
    And if someone here says, "I`d rather order from Amazon on ONE order for ALL my detailing supplies AND it is free shipping" well, PBMG is loosing far more sales revenue, and hence profits, than just not having McKee`s-37 anymore.
    And, as stated in previous posts, many of you Autopians , both hobbyists and professional, really like using McKee`s-37 products and will continue to do so and buy them from other places.
    GB detailer
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I hate to play the devil`s advocate (You already are, Captain Obvious!) but I do wonder how much business and, hence, profits, the Autopia Store will lose because of this change by a car-care manufacturer. I do not know what percentage of sales McKee`s-37 represented for PBMG, but if you are like me, I tend to buy my car-care detailing supplies from ONE source so I only have to fill out ONE order form and deal with ONE company, not to mention the free shipping that generally goes along with a larger dollar amount in a single order. Not that I have not ordered from multiple supplies, but having to order a few items from a different supplier because my main supplier may not carry a product I really like and use usually means I will do without it because the shipping cost are just too much. But that is the frugal me.
    And if someone here says, "I`d rather order from Amazon on ONE order for ALL my detailing supplies AND it is free shipping" well, PBMG is loosing far more sales revenue, and hence profits, than just not having McKee`s-37 anymore.
    And, as stated in previous posts, many of you Autopians , both hobbyists and professional, really like using McKee`s-37 products and will continue to do so and buy them from other places.
    The only drawback I`ve seen from buying from Autopia is the slow shipping times. Almost every competitor offers same day shipping but I`ve often had orders shipped the following day or even the end of the following day or effectively shipped on the day after that. As slow as UPS is, it adds 1 to 2 days to the time I receive the order. This makes the quick shipping of Amazon very attractive, especially if you need something quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I hate to play the devil`s advocate, but I do wonder how much business and, hence, profits, the Autopia Store will lose because of this change by a car-care manufacturer.
    I think you are right that the impact on PBMG will be fairly small, after all, how many brands have come and gone from the store over the years?

I think this was more of a jolt to the community because of the people involved, that it seemed like some sort of personal break or snub, but now that I`m thinking about it there were some pretty nasty personnel problems shortly before the...divestiture...and maybe that was the main reason for the whole thing. I`m trying to remember the drama but perhaps it`s better that I don`t because it`s probably better not to rehash it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    The only drawback I`ve seen from buying from Autopia is the slow shipping times. Almost every competitor offers same day shipping but I`ve often had orders shipped the following day or even the end of the following day or effectively shipped on the day after that. As slow as UPS is, it adds 1 to 2 days to the time I receive the order. This makes the quick shipping of Amazon very attractive, especially if you need something quickly.
    AGREE! I ordered Sunday 1/12 @just before 7pm eastern time. I live in upstate NY near Rochester (not way up upstate lol) and the tracking info says it wont be here till Friday. It didnt ship out till Tuesday just before 10am Eastern time. By the time it even left ACC, Amazons order would have been at the distribution center here in NY. It may be worth another $4 for that order (price of items may be more on Amazon) to have it in a couple days instead of 5!!!
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon Prime has all us consumers spoiled. 2 Day, Next Day, SAME Day.

This forum, in which we are using it`s free resources to talk and share about the hobby as such.
    I`d rather at last -pay it back- by shopping under the same umbrella given the options.
    Likes acuRAS82, Strong66 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funny.... ill buy a $100 dollar 16oz bottle of sealant in a heartbeat but too cheap to pay for prime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Prime just lures you to buy more and more stuff you don’t need so I stay away from it.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Prime. If I need a bottle of ketchup, I buy it on Amazon and it shows up in a couple days.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    I love Prime. If I need a bottle of ketchup, I buy it on Amazon and it shows up in a couple days.
    Pretty much McGee ends reseller agreement with AutoGeek and Autopia

If I get home from shopping and realize I forgot something, off to the Amazon app!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Prime just lures you to buy more and more stuff you don’t need so I stay away from it.
    Wait...an Autopian buying more and more stuff they don`t need?? Sounds pretty far-fetched to me.
    Likes mustangmike, dcjredline, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t bought a thing detailing wise since I stopped getting sales e mails from AG
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Coatings=crack, bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn`t bought anything in a long time until someone started this thread...

The only thing I`ve bought in the last year is some cheap coating, tire, and round yellow foam applicators from China/Amazon. Oh...I might have bought some towels from TRC...but I hardly remember that kind of thing because I only have a hundred towels I haven`t even used yet.

And I still am trying to use up stuff I bought in 2004 when I joined this <expletive deleted> forum. I was just thinking the other day when I was using my circa 2004 or 5 Meguiars Gold Class Tire Brush...how many more of these did I buy at Big Lots and stash somewhere when they stopped making them? And here I am still on the first one...same goes for the wheel brush.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information