Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Has Anyone Tried WoWo`s Care-Care Chemical Products??

Well, here we go again: ANOTHER new car-care chemical manufacturer for Autopians to choose from.
    I see that both The Rag Company and Detailed Image are now carrying this Scottish/European manufacturer`s line of products.
    (Sorry, no links due to forum rules, so you will need to Google it and check it out yourself!)

The product line-up is rather extensive. SO, if any of you Autopians have bought any of these products or have received samples to try (not sure if they do this, though), let us know what your thoughts and experiences are.

While it is nice to have options and choices for car-care products, I just do not know where these products "fit it". By that I mean that English/European just seem to have a "problem" gaining a good foothold in the USA. I see Autoglym`s Walmart failed market trial as an example. BriteMax is another example: how many Autopian`s use their products extensively?. And DoDo Juice waxes are losing out to the coating revolution.
    I do not wish to imply WoWo`s is bad or is doomed to failure; no, just the opposite; I hope it does succeed. We NEED good, cost-effective car-care chemicals for our detailing profession and hobby.

If any representative from WoWo`s has some comments, let us know. It always adds a degree of credibility to their company and lets us Autopians know that they care about our detailing concerns.
    GB detailer
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried WoWo`s Care-Care Chemical Products??

I picked up Show Stopper. It is a nice product to work with. It leaves a nice pop to the paint. It is not meant to last long so it won`t interfere with any LSP.

I will be doing more testing on it.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes SWETM, JustJesus, Lonnie, Loach, Marine Clerk liked this post
    Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This. We NEED good, cost-effective car-care chemicals for our detailing profession and hobby.

Is something very hard to get when we have high shipping costs over the pond and that goes for both ways. Both Meguiars and Mothers products is up with the pricings of Carpro and Gyeon compareble products and often even slightly more expensive. Meguiars though have a market in the detailing shops so they are more spread out and have a good reputation too. But if you look at most products on the OTC and also on the detailing webshops. Mostly it`s the double or tripple of the prices that you have and then you have some with fourth and fifth over the prices. A gallon of the D115 Rinse Free & Wax is five times as of the price than what you guys and gals get it at and that`s on the retail price of it. No bashing on Meguiars in any ways it`s just when you have a little knowledge about the prices over the pond. You have a whole lot of other products in play to go with. And something like Sonax retail products sells at the gas stations with some Armor All and Turtle Wax products. Also Autoglym is sold in autoparts stores right beside Meguiars here in Sweden at least LOL. With Autoglym to be on lower price point but not by much. Then Sonax more proffessional products is offered in the big stores and autoparts store here as well. Also with how different detailing products is sold between countries as how people uses for methods with them and also some products maybe not even can be sold here. I talked to a Meguiars rep about getting my hands on some Meguiars #7 bottles. But nope it`s not possible for them to do. Their line up of products is very smaller here in Sweden and his explanation where to some chemicals in some products can not be sold here and some products they think people are not going to be buying. And take something like Angelwax products. The waxes is about the same price as in the rest of the world as in the UK. But the rest of the line up is usually about the double or tripple of the prices that UK have on them. Angelwax has taken it a step further and the detailing webshops can`t sell the products outside of UK. What I don`t understand is why not a bigger webshop has taken to be distributor in the US for Bilt Hamber products. Maybe it`s cause they don`t have a huge line up of products and in the UK they are dirt cheap. The upside is that most of their products is so great that even if they gets a much higher price outside of UK they are worth it. Though what I see as a downside with their products is that they have many old products. A little like Collinite products you have and we also for that matter LOL. But BH cleaning and decon products is top notch and would be a great seller when something like Autopia and Autogeek would take them in. Koch Chemie is a brand that has made a jump into the US market. They have a great reputation over here. Their abrasives is in the higher league and if the new formula is even better than the old ones then they are really great and worth a try for you who like to try out new polishes.

What I know of so is not WoWo a huge brand. And has done a new design and reformulation of their products. Also TRC is knowned and has a webshop based in the UK. So that can make it easier and also holding down the shipping costs good to get them good priced in US. Also many of the bigger brands that`s domestic and has great prices. Selling much of their products in 55 gallon drums to the big detailing shops and car washes and such. Then they have a line up of products for the consumer. So much like the P&S where they sells much more to the car washes and the detailing shops in 5 gallons and 55 gallons. Though their success with Bead Maker can have changed it and also Brake Buster. Brake Buster IIRC is an old product that they did in the consumer line up later on. So those kind of companies can be hard to get into the market they really want into which is the big volume ones. We have such of domestic companies here in Sweden too. They also manufactures or blends chemicals for the in house brands of detailing webshops here. And cause of the low price and many good enough products they are what many of us with detailing as a hobby buys at a low price.

I agree it`s fun to have options out there. But it can be overwellming as well and saturate the market. There are a lot of US brands I would like to test out that seems very interesting. It`s very few available sadly in Sweden. And the shipping costs and also the customs cost and then I get the taxes on them as well. So in the end many gets a very high price to order from Autopia or AG sadly. If the costs outside of the product it self I would buy more products from US and UK to try out. Also to see how the difference between them and what`s available already here is quality wise. When I see you compare them to Sonax and Carpro and Gyeon products it`s mostly that the US brands is much more pang for the buck. But don`t think it`s much of a difference between the great ones if don`t count in the cost of the products. Would be very interesting to see for my self though but then it`s the price of it to test them out LOL. So most comes to the price points of the products we use where ever we live.

Will be very interesting to see if any of the WoWo products gets hyped though.
    Likes Loach, rlmccarty2000, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

SWEMT:
    It is difficult to imagine paying twice (or more) for the same USA products in Sweden or not being able to buy them at all due to Sweden`s (or more correctly, European Union) chemical non-compliance environmental regulations and restrictions which does not allow them to be imported. That, and even if we in the USA could send you car-care products to try out, they would get confiscated in customs.

I do like your comments on European car-care products that you do use, though.
    GB detailer
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks SWETM thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some of it looks very interesting, nothing coming in gallon jugs will ultimately keep me away from it. I think for their market thought it`s a perfect line up and if I was someone who didn`t want gallons of stuff I would definitely jump on it. Watched TRC`s video on WoWo and I liked what I saw.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Contact 121 looks to have VERY good hydrophobics, just have no idea how long it will last.

Post Thanks / Like

Now to add to the discussion, Modesta now manufactures a line of maintenance products named Aenso. Not relabeled but made in house. Both products available at detailers domain.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another video of the second usage of show stopper.

Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Here is another video of the second usage of show stopper.

That looks to be a very fun product, will give it a try. Thanks for the info.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    That looks to be a very fun product, will give it a try. Thanks for the info.
    You will like it. Gloss seems to last a bit longer than claimed.

Definitely work one panel at a time or it can leave a study mess if you go too far around and try coming back to wipe off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You will like it. Gloss seems to last a bit longer than claimed.

Definitely work one panel at a time or it can leave a study mess if you go too far around and try coming back to wipe off.
    I think I liked it the moment I read their description of being a "One Trick Pony".

Protection? Who cares...
    Longevity? Irrelevant...
    Gloss? That`s all we promise!

Sometimes it`s enough to grab something just because it`s fun (without hurting anything).

Sounds like this is gonna be one of those things! And Lord knows nicely priced doesn`t hurt...for a change Has Anyone Tried WoWo`s Care-Care Chemical Products??
    Likes Oneheadlite, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I think I liked it the moment I read their description of being a "One Trick Pony".

Protection? Who cares...
    Longevity? Irrelevant...
    Gloss? That`s all we promise!

Sometimes it`s enough to grab something just because it`s fun (without hurting anything).

Sounds like this is gonna be one of those things! And Lord knows nicely priced doesn`t hurt...for a change Has Anyone Tried WoWo`s Care-Care Chemical Products??
    Exactly. I have read on on one of the facebook groups about someone asking about show stopper and right away the beadmaker fans came in saying it doesn`t compare. Of course it doesn`t compare lol. They are two different products.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Oneheadlite, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Wowo Waterless Wash. I liked it. It came off easy and did not leave any smears or mess behind.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll try them out after I get around to the other 20 great product recommendations I`ve heard about before Wowo`s.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, John U liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brewins View Post
    Contact 121 looks to have VERY good hydrophobics, just have no idea how long it will last.
    Yes, this one caught my eye now that I’ve finally come across Wowo products on DI.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information