Post Thanks / Like

Has Anyone Tried Koch Chemie Car-Care Chemical Products??

Well, I did say that I would eventually ask my fellow Autopians about their experiences and opinions with Koch Chemie products, so here it is.

I see that The Rag Company and Detailed Image are both resellers of this product line. Seems like the German-based Koch Chemie are more into the abrasives (compounds and polishes) and pads than other car-care products. I also see that they are an approved car-care product for Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Jaguar, and McLaren; nothing to sneeze at, to say the least!
    I have no idea how their abrasives compare with German-base competitors Scholl`s Concept or Menzerna or Sonax and it seems like a "simplified" line-up of 4 abrasives.

So if you have used any of their products, let us know what your thoughts are. Much like my thread on Scottish/English-base manufacturer WoWo`s, Koch Chemie is another under-the-radar. little-know car-care product manufacturer in this forum. I think we can agree that having more product choices for car-care detailing is beneficial to all Autopians, regardless of their detailing skill level or interest.

I also like the fact that your experiences can be brief and succinctly honest about their products, while kind of gathering them in one thread about a particular manufacturer; in this case Koch Chemie.

As we have seen with WoWo`s, their have also been "problems" getting particular products in the Koch Chemie line-up, for whatever reason. I hope that this will not lead to the same result as WoWo`s: it discontinuance in distribution in the USA.

Thanks in advance for your responses and opinions.
    Yes, I know it is mid-winter, and for a vast majority of us Autopians, detailing has gone into hibernation or taken a hiatus sabbatical (myself included!). My intent is to also give us SOMETHING detailing-product related to talk about and discuss during this winter-induced detailing lull, which is really the foundation and backbone of this forum and why it exists. (Get off your soapbox, Captain Obvious; you`ve made your point!)
    GB detailer
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried Koch Chemie Car-Care Chemical Products??

I really like their system on face value. Their pads look tough but there pricey in Canada.

I watched a video on their main site showcasing the system. Simple to follow. He done a 2 step and 1 step with different machines after sanding the paint with 2000grit i believe it was.

On face value i think it might be the best complete system for a beginner. Koch Chemie is highly regarded over on the Uk car forums, with the likes of scholls and sonax.

Post Thanks / Like

@lonnie I think they will have a hard time too. Abrasives are tough sell most of the body shops around here use 3m or meguiars and buy what is cheapest

Post Thanks / Like

Overall a great range of products. Not sure what will be available in US in the end, the European range is strong.
    Abrasives are solid, pads are good but expensive.
    I wasn`t particularly impressed by their QD`s and paint protectants, but the cleaners are great.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m always curious if any of these companies need to change their formulations to adhere to regulations in the U.S.. Forensic Detailing has done some head-to-head comparison between Koch Chemie and Bilt Hamber products, which are very interesting. One that surprised me a little was his comparison between Koch Chemie`s APC, GS (green stuff) and Bilt Hamber`s Surfex. I`ll be trying the Koch Chemie GSF (Gentle Snow Foam) as soon as the weather permits.

Post Thanks / Like

Some nice products, their cutting compound H9.01 cuts nicely but doesn`t finish down as well as comparable products for me, their one step not in the same class as Scholl S20 - their pads are nice and also priced well here. In general with abrasives and pads, you won`t be disappointed but they weren`t exceptional enough for me to try the entire system.

My favourite product is FSe though... epic quick detailer / limescale remover. It`s an acid pH, so I wouldn`t be using it weekly on a coating but it leaves very little behind to mask underlying protection and seems to free up the underlying LSP really nicely as well as drastically increase the slickness of the paint. Yes it`ll remove water spots with ease, but it`s far more than that and a product honestly that I would not be without.

For the coating enthusiasts amongst you, definitely one to have particularly if you`ve hard water or sprinkler systems nearby - limescale removers are only starting to get some attention as being a pretty important part of maintaining a coating hence why Italian brand #Labocosmetica and Gyeon have dedicated acid pH shampoos released / soon to be released.

In the UK their Green Star APC is phenomenal value and has real cleaning power, it`s second to only Bilt Hamber Surfex HD in terms of potency but is far better value.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your responses, fellow Autopians. If there are one or two "bright stars" in a product manufacturer`s line-up that just need some attention from other`s experiences, that is what I am looking for as well. Like I said in other threads, "You don`t know until you ask."
    (This parallels my infamous quote, "There would be no answers without any questions." And you wonder WHY they call me "Captain Obvious"!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I used their H9 compound a couple of years back
    Ended up throwing it away

Thread Information