Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried WoWo`s Care-Care Chemical Products??

I am bumping this thread, only because I am the Original Poster (OP) since the last reply was in January. Thread subjects tend to get lost in time sometimes, and this product line piqued my interest. BUT, like many of you, I wait until I hear more reviews and opinions on products before I go out and buy and use them due to my "limited" (AKA frugal, hence AKA cheapskate) budget.

I would have thought WoWo`s would have some credibility and appeal to detailing enthusiasts, both professional and hobbyists, due to the fact that this product line in now being distributed and sold by The Rag Company (TRC), Detailed Image (DI), and the Autopian Store (associated with Palm Beach Motoring Group or PBMG).

That is why I am asking if anyone has bought and used ANY of the WoWo`s products since the last post and what your thoughts are about them.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I used Wowo’s Contact 121 paste wax. It wasn’t quite as good as some of the Ceramic waxes I pitted it against initially, but it held its own and for the price (Ceramic waxes bring a costly group of products) I would certainly lay recommend it. I was unable to get an idea of longevity when I tested it because if some prep issues.

Wowo’s Crystal Sealant Spray I am testing on a small area now and it’s doing very well. It’s a thick SiO2 Spray Sealant that beads, sheets and self cleans well (as the genre should), but there have been some experiences where it was a little streaky during wipe off unless done so immediately. Again, the price is really good for what you’re getting assuming it lasts (my sample has been going 1 month and looks like new, time will tell). If it is a little harder to apply, maybe the price offsets that for some.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been playing around with Crystal Sealant (CS).

IMO it`s thick and feels fairly substantial. Application can be finicky and durability remains to be determined.

On my daily driver (2011 Hyundai Sonata) I applied CS using the spray and wipe method. CS was thick and grabby when spreading with a microfiber towel. Was just as grabby when I went to wipe off. To prevent hazing I found myself using a third towel for the final buff. To be honest this was annoying.

Second vehicle (2018 VW Tiguan) this time I applied CS using a microfiber applicator and a buffing towel. I applied CS much like a coating. In a cross hatch pattern. This was the much easier and enjoyable. No hazing! The surface even felt smoother.

I believe the second attempt laid down a much thinner layer. Much like working with FK1000. Thinner is better and much more enjoyable experience.
    Also both applications did seem to feel slicker the next day. Not sure if there is cure time or not.

My feelings on the CS is simple. After I found the best application method for me. I did enjoy using the product. Much quicker and more forgiving the Gyeon CanCoat. If I can get 12 months out of a product that is 14-20 dollars. Then it is a hit. If I get around 6 months. Then I`ll reach for something that is more enjoyable to use. I am 2 months in, I would say the Beading and self cleaning are slight better than average for a sealant.

Side note: Beading is nice but nothing like CanCoat that was on my car for the past 14 Months.
    Smell is different and I can`t describe it all. However, it isn`t unpleasant like CanCoat.

Disclaimer: CanCoat has been awesome for the last 6 years. I`m looking to replace it on my nearly decade old car. Just didn`t want to spend another 45-55 dollars for a vehicle that I may get rid of in the next few months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    I have been playing around with Crystal Sealant (CS).

IMO it`s thick and feels fairly substantial. Application can be finicky and durability remains to be determined.

On my daily driver (2011 Hyundai Sonata) I applied CS using the spray and wipe method. CS was thick and grabby when spreading with a microfiber towel. Was just as grabby when I went to wipe off. To prevent hazing I found myself using a third towel for the final buff. To be honest this was annoying.

Second vehicle (2018 VW Tiguan) this time I applied CS using a microfiber applicator and a buffing towel. I applied CS much like a coating. In a cross hatch pattern. This was the much easier and enjoyable. No hazing! The surface even felt smoother.

I believe the second attempt laid down a much thinner layer. Much like working with FK1000. Thinner is better and much more enjoyable experience.
    Also both applications did seem to feel slicker the next day. Not sure if there is cure time or not.

My feelings on the CS is simple. After I found the best application method for me. I did enjoy using the product. Much quicker and more forgiving the Gyeon CanCoat. If I can get 12 months out of a product that is 14-20 dollars. Then it is a hit. If I get around 6 months. Then I`ll reach for something that is more enjoyable to use. I am 2 months in, I would say the Beading and self cleaning are slight better than average for a sealant.

Side note: Beading is nice but nothing like CanCoat that was on my car for the past 14 Months.
    Smell is different and I can`t describe it all. However, it isn`t unpleasant like CanCoat.

Disclaimer: CanCoat has been awesome for the last 6 years. I`m looking to replace it on my nearly decade old car. Just didn`t want to spend another 45-55 dollars for a vehicle that I may get rid of in the next few months.
    Nice post!

Im assuming you won’t get 12 months out of CS unless the car is a queen, but sounds like it isn’t. So sounds like if you only get 6 months, you would try something easier to apply next time? This question is assuming you don’t go back to Cancoat of course.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Cancoat seems to be a more substantial product than most.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Cancoat seems to be a more substantial product than most.
    Definitely lasts more than most and is high performing longer than most.

Wowo’s is substantial feeling substance but I’m positive it won’t last longer than Cancoat... but feel free to prove me wrong, Wowo.
    Likes atbalfour liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I tried is show stoppers. It is nice if one is lookin for gloss without masking their LSP. Although it does hang around for a wash. Fun product. After I use this bottle I won’t be buying it again. Other products can accomplish the same thing.

It has a tendency to be a bit streaky at times. Other than that nothing really stood out to me as a must have.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Nice post!

Im assuming you won’t get 12 months out of CS unless the car is a queen, but sounds like it isn’t. So sounds like if you only get 6 months, you would try something easier to apply next time? This question is assuming you don’t go back to Cancoat of course.
    I don`t know yet. If I get 9-10month`s I honestly will be impressed.

I may drive the Hyundai into the ground. Luckily at 148k Hyundai replaced the long block for free. Evidently, I was supposed to have gotten a new one back in 2015. But someone filed for a new engine under my VIN. And I fell through the cracks. The service department was most helpful and Hyundai agreed to replace the block. Even though I was past the warranty period. I now have almost 1520000.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    I don`t know yet. If I get 9-10month`s I honestly will be impressed.

I may drive the Hyundai into the ground. Luckily at 148k Hyundai replaced the long block for free. Evidently, I was supposed to have gotten a new one back in 2015. But someone filed for a new engine under my VIN. And I fell through the cracks. The service department was most helpful and Hyundai agreed to replace the block. Even though I was past the warranty period. I now have almost 1520000.
    I’ll be amazed if you get 6 months on a daily driver in Georgia heat (meant to ask if this sleeps under a roof at night). But I’ll be rooting for that and more. Keep us updated!
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll be amazed if you get 6 months on a daily driver in Georgia heat (meant to ask if this sleeps under a roof at night). But I’ll be rooting for that and more. Keep us updated!
    Yes both vehicles are garage kept except when at work. And the Georgia heat is no joke. I do park under a tree during the summer months.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m over the other side of the pond and have used some Wowo`s products for maybe 4 years now, in particular Crystal Sealant as it is a cheap product that promises good durability. It isn`t a ceramic/Si02 product according to Wowo`s. Fraser of Wowo`s posted this thread a few years ago explaining the benefits of the product:

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/for...rystal+sealant

In this thread Brian1612, who does a lot of reliable product testing, got 7.5 months out of it on wheels that were covering 300 miles a week (8500 miles roughly) and before he stripped it, they were still performing. I have had an easy 6 months out of it, before I got bored and tested something else. It can do 12 months on paint a daily driver in mild Welsh weather, washed gently. The performance profile over that time is different to something like Cancoat which has better hydrophobics straight off and it maintains the higher level throughout, predictably. Whilst CS starts at a lower level, my experience is that it holds on to a decent performance better than any other non coating product I have used and has good chemical resistance.

Tc99m has the right idea with application - thin, small sections, coating like. Immediately wipe straight off with a very slightly damp towel, and have a second towel ready to do a final buff. Like most sealants, it benefits from a cure which improves slickness and gloss. I find it has a bit of a shine like FK1000P, not sharp, but like thicker clearcoat. That`s why I responded to a post by Accumulator previously. It`s like a liquid, more durable FK1000P. It is versatile too, it can be used in a foam cannon, 50 ml in 450 ml of water and used as a rinse on spray sealant.

Has Anyone Tried WoWo`s Care-Care Chemical Products??-3qyepo9n.jpg

Has Anyone Tried WoWo`s Care-Care Chemical Products??-v2capqrv.jpg
    I have a range of their waxes too - Signature Wax, Contact 121, Butter Wax and Nanowax. They have simplified their range since, but I love Nanowax. Very easy to use and great hydrophobics, plus strong durability on well prepped surfaces. It`s a shame they have stopped selling it. I have recently bought Ceramic Booster in a sale, but I have yet to use it. I suspect it might be like CS, but we`ll see.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
    I`m over the other side of the pond and have used some Wowo`s products for maybe 4 years now, in particular Crystal Sealant as it is a cheap product that promises good durability. It isn`t a ceramic/Si02 product according to Wowo`s. Fraser of Wowo`s posted this thread a few years ago explaining the benefits of the product:

https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/for...rystal+sealant

In this thread Brian1612, who does a lot of reliable product testing, got 7.5 months out of it on wheels that were covering 300 miles a week (8500 miles roughly) and before he stripped it, they were still performing. I have had an easy 6 months out of it, before I got bored and tested something else. It can do 12 months on paint a daily driver in mild Welsh weather, washed gently. The performance profile over that time is different to something like Cancoat which has better hydrophobics straight off and it maintains the higher level throughout, predictably. Whilst CS starts at a lower level, my experience is that it holds on to a decent performance better than any other non coating product I have used and has good chemical resistance.

Tc99m has the right idea with application - thin, small sections, coating like. Immediately wipe straight off with a very slightly damp towel, and have a second towel ready to do a final buff. Like most sealants, it benefits from a cure which improves slickness and gloss. I find it has a bit of a shine like FK1000P, not sharp, but like thicker clearcoat. That`s why I responded to a post by Accumulator previously. It`s like a liquid, more durable FK1000P. It is versatile too, it can be used in a foam cannon, 50 ml in 450 ml of water and used as a rinse on spray sealant.
    Great info! Do you know if Contact 121 also is NOT SiO2/ceramic? I had been trying to find out it’s general ingredients.

Post Thanks / Like

Great info! Do you know if Contact 121 also is NOT SiO2/ceramic? I had been trying to find out it’s general ingredients.
    As far as I know, Contact121 isn`t ceramic/SiO2 but uses that technology apparently. I think from what I have read/seen, based on what many company`s have marketed their `ceramic` products as, Crystal Sealant and Contact121 could potentially be labelled as ceramic, but the owner thinks that for the most part, this is a marketing sham and to use SiO2 properly in products isn`t as easy or worthwhile as the dozens of products would lead us to think, certainly not at the prices being charged.

The Nanocoat wax I mentioned was interesting in that it wasn`t SiO2 but a combination of liquid Wurtzite and Boron Nitride instead. Wowo`s claimed that compared to Contact 121 it was more glossy, had a contact angle of 124 degrees and was double the durability and even more durable than Crystal Sealant. It was also pretty expensive so I think the reason they`re not selling it any more is because when the Rag Company came on board, they saw the costs involved and `streamlined` the offer. I have a pot and whilst I haven`t tested the durability claims fully, the looks are very interesting. Highly reflective, more so than anything I`ve used, including coatings and sealants. I really like that sharp sealant look and this does that even more than Contact 121. It also maintains it after washing and washes longer than any other product I can think of too.
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

^^Apparently I had found somewhere that stated that Crystal Sealant has nano-resin and siloxane. That’s probably what you are referring to above... not your classic type of SiO2 coating, but considered by many to be a coating nonetheless, but as I’m learning a lot more goes into a product than the main ingredient such as siloxane.

Post Thanks / Like

Had some light rain today. 2 month old Crystal Sealant on my dirty hood.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information