Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Turtle Wax`s New Hybrid Solutions Line?

Isn`t the damp towel supposed to remove high spots but to also activate the so called shine polymers within the polish? At least that is what it states on the directions of the bottle.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Let me rephrase my comment. I didn`t need to use a dampened MF or water spritz to remove it. I did a water spritz wipe down afterwards like I was using a detail spray.
    It did clean it up nicely and left no signs of smearing or hazing.

I never really had any issues with high spots. Even some spots that I missed when applying the spray seal wiped off easily the next day.

I still haven`t washed it and it beading nicely right now as it a rainy wash out today. Its not the 110 degree contact angle type of thing but its very good. The beads are also a bit bigger than with a true coating. but I like how the bigger beads roll around more easily.
    Likes Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    AIO Removal:
    Dry MF: troublesome, leaves a lot of residue
    Dry and H2O Spritzed MF: better, residue removal becomes easier, follow up with dry final buff
    Dampened MF from bucket of water: best approach, initial passes are super easy, follow up with dry MF wipe.

Concerning buffing to a haze free surface, I will be adding the HSC, soon. I can use the HSC to level off any of the AIO, as far as hazing is concerned.

In relation to Carpro Essence, at least in the particular of which I compared them, Essence still creates a much nicer finish for me.
    Thanks for the feedback. How has the shelf life been with Essence for you? I have a bottle expired in Oct 2017, consistency looks great (unlike Essence Plus), was going to pull it out to play around some with CQ Lite now that I`m back with all of my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Isn`t the damp towel supposed to remove high spots but to also activate the so called shine polymers within the polish? At least that is what it states on the directions of the bottle.
    I smiled a bit when I read that on the bottle. I think the confusion I`m seeing is realizing a 24 hour cure is necessary before washing or topping, at the same time the product needs that damp microfiber to activate it in the first place. They do note 24 hour cure prior to "wash" rather than rinse, which makes sense to avoid detergents but generally we think of cure times as avoiding moisture altogether as well. I tried a full dry wipedown and it requires too heavy of a pressure to try and wipe clean for me without the assist.

I`ve got sections running with the Ceramic Spray Coating on top of Polish & Wax after a cure, side by side with the spray coating on top of M210 + Prep-All. On each of those sections I have a 1 coat vs. 2 coat application of the spray coating as well. Didn`t notice any performance changes in the short term through the rinse depending on the base prep or amount of coats used.

Haven`t run testing with the Polish & Wax by itself yet to get a baseline water result and to check the shine polymer activation , currently running the testing to answer the questions of what can attempt to remove the spray coating without abrasives. PB Strip Down and Optimum Power Clean (undiluted) knocked it down pretty well.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. How has the shelf life been with Essence for you? I have a bottle expired in Oct 2017, consistency looks great (unlike Essence Plus), was going to pull it out to play around some with CQ Lite now that I`m back with all of my gear.

I smiled a bit when I read that on the bottle. I think the confusion I`m seeing is realizing a 24 hour cure is necessary before washing or topping, at the same time the product needs that damp microfiber to activate it in the first place. They do note 24 hour cure prior to "wash" rather than rinse, which makes sense to avoid detergents but generally we think of cure times as avoiding moisture altogether as well. I tried a full dry wipedown and it requires too heavy of a pressure to try and wipe clean for me without the assist.

I`ve got sections running with the Ceramic Spray Coating on top of Polish & Wax after a cure, side by side with the spray coating on top of M210 + Prep-All. On each of those sections I have a 1 coat vs. 2 coat application of the spray coating as well. Didn`t notice any performance changes in the short term through the rinse depending on the base prep or amount of coats used.
    For this current application of Essence, I cracked open a new bottle, the 2018 bottle had product left, to be a great annoyancd when trying dispense product frome last bottle, it expired in 2018. My old bottle of Essence+, expired early 2018, decompose sometime in the last few months. I now learned to never buy a 500ml bottle of either, as the potential for waste is high. Play around with that old bottle of Essence and CQ Lite; in all honesty, besides separation from sitting, I have no idea what age will do to Essence....

I too, have tests running on my vehicle. Driver side and rear end were polished with the TW, left to cure 24 hours, and then a mix of panels were topped with TW HSC or DPC Armor (older bottle that I just need to finish up). Drivers side and front end polished with Carpro Essence, allowed to cure and the topped with TW HSC or DPC Armor. The TW HSC was a dream to use on both the AIO and Essence, Armor required a lot of buffing topping either polish.

Lastly Loach, I am very curious to see durability given certain types of panel prep. Any words on wether or not Prep-All leaves solvents behind, solvents that must gas out over time?
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Loach thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used the spray coating. Nice product overall, but doesn`t have the hydrophobics that I prefer.

Post Thanks / Like

I have on deck..

Polish & wax
    Wet wax
    Spray coating

Looking forward to using these products come spring!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

PA DETAILER- While I doubt I`ll use `em myself, I`ll really be looking forward to your take on those products.

I`m really curious about how the Polish & Wax would work by hand...like, is it AIO-like when used like that (i.e., OK) or is it more like a regular Polish (i.e., not so OK by hand, too much work)?
    Likes PA DETAILER liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information