Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Has Anyone Tried Out Turtle Wax`s New Hybrid Solutions Line?

Well, it was a matter of time before Turtle Wax joined the SiO2 revolution with its new Hybrid Solutions line.
    Anyone tried out any of the products yet? More a question of curiosity, but it does seem to be reasonably priced.
    I do assume some of you may have (or will) receive some of these products for Christmas.
    Winter weather is not exactly conducive to detailing for a vast majority of you Autopians, but I am hoping some of our "warm weather" Autopians may have (or will) give us some feedback and opinions.

Check it out at the Autopian store:
    https://www.autopia-carcare.com/hybrid-solutions.html
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has Anyone Tried Out Turtle Wax`s New Hybrid Solutions Line?

I have the TW Hybrid Ceramic Spray Coating, I call it. Bought it to test on my mothers vehicle, however I have been playing with it on a few spots on my vehicle, most significant is the rear bumper, I put it up against FK1000P. Same prep for both sides of rear bumper: one half FK1000P other side TW HSC. FK1000P wins in initial slickness and initial lack of dust accumulation, TW won in initial looks, and TW is currently winning in durability (been about two and a half weeks) by way of water behavior and the fact that I have only washed the vehicle twice since the test started, however there was a long stretch in between the first and this second wash, it is entirely possible that I didn’t quite clean the bumper well enough (goal wasn’t to knock out LSP in pursuit of newly bonded contaminants, but more so get the crud off to eliminate chance of material etching). Both FK1000P and TW HSC applied via one coat of product.

TW HSC is entirely worth the price as it competes against the likes of $20+ products. I am unable to comment regarding the other products as I haven’t had experience with them, yet. Would like to test out the polish, not sure about the spray detailer as there are more economic solutions, Wax as You Dry doesn’t isn’t on my radar either. Looking to see what others have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

Being in NE Ohio, my detailing is at a halt for a few months. I`ve watch Brian at Apex Detailing review the Hybrid Solutions and I am really looking forward to the Polish & Wax and the Spray Coating. His video on the 3 in 1 Detailer looks VERY promising as well.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve got the "ceramic" spray coating (and the earlier product). I used it for the first time yesterday so it`s hard to share much on it. Spray on, wipe down, wipe with a clean dry towel. E-Z enough.

I prepped this metallic white vehicle with Essence and it looked great with just that.

I`ve got the earlier TW ceramic product on a couple other cars and that seems to be holding up quite well.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Hybrid Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer as a post-wash wipe down spray and it worked fine enough. But I have a dozen bottles of things I could use for the same purpose, I didn`t find anything special about the Turtle Wax product in this case.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m testing their Ice Seal and Shine on a hood next to BlackFire SIo2. With so little product being used for coverage, I`ve got a multi-year or a decade even between needing more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I have the TW Hybrid Ceramic Spray Coating,.. I put it up against FK1000P. Same prep for both sides of rear bumper: one half FK1000P other side TW HSC. FK1000P wins in initial slickness and initial lack of dust accumulation, TW won in initial looks, and TW is currently winning in durability (been about two and a half weeks) by way of water behavior and the fact that I have only washed the vehicle twice since the test started, however there was a long stretch in between the first and this second wash...
    (Sorry, can`t resist ) "Only" two washes in *2.5 weeks* and that timeframe including a "long stretch between washes"? Heh heh, you crazy Autopian you For me, a "long stretch between washes" would be, well...maybe months.

Eh, I`m possibly coming across far more critical than I intend; I meant the above in a good-natured way...even with the TW supposedly doing that "darkening" thing that I generally don`t want, that`s still a comparison I find *VERY* interesting, so while I`d always do two coats or more of the FK, I`ll be interested to hear how the durability/dirt-shedding comparison works out over an extended timeframe. If the TW spray is more durable, and much quicker/easier, gee that`d really be something.
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I find minimal dirt shedding ability from the early Turtle Wax product. It`s nothing like a real coating. This trait will be make-or-break for me on my own vehicles. I place a high value on a coating that keeps the car looking clean the majority of the time.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the their ceramic spray, going to prep and start clean so we`ll see. I`ll update

Post Thanks / Like

I have had it on my own car for a little over one month now. I have yet to wash it. It has been driven in the rain at least 6-8 times over that month. Garaged at home, but sits outside at work. There is a healthy road film on it, but it still beads nicely. No it does not bead like CQuartz, EXO coating but it does bead as nicely or better as their respective spray seals.

I used the TW AIO polish first and then 2 coats of the spray seal with about 24 hours in between. I started to put a 3rd coat on the hood after about waiting 6-8 hours and its application was pretty smeary so I stopped at 2 coats.

I want to see if it can make it through an eastern NC winter with no toppers. Just plan on washing it (most likely Hyperwash) when ever the weather allows for bucket wash.

So far this is a legit product.
    Likes SWETM, felixthecat liked this post
    Thanks Diner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m curious how this new line stacks up against the pretty great Seal n Shine spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Has Anyone Tried Out Turtle Wax`s New Hybrid Solutions Line?

Testing out the Hybrid Solutions AIO, so far it is promising, there are certain areas where is provides enough correction for a haze free finish, other areas it’s a little too aggressive for me. This product goes a very very long way and is quite interesting; it isn’t often that I can finish haze free with a non-diminishing abrasive on my vehicle. Can you guys tell which panel has been polished?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Testing out the Hybrid Solutions AIO, so far it is promising, there are certain areas where is provides enough correction for a haze free finish, other areas it’s a little too aggressive for me. This product goes a very very long way and is quite interesting; it isn’t often that I can finish haze free with a non-diminishing abrasive on my vehicle. Can you guys tell which panel has been polished?
    How’s the wipe off for you with the Polish & Wax? Seems difficult for me to get a clean wipe down without an assist. They note in the instructions to use a water spritz but I’m curious what others think, and if you’re seeing any streaking as a result on black. Reminds me of Dodo Juice Lime Prime in this regard. Other than that the working time is great, resulting finish gloss looks really good after a panel wipe, love the smell, little does go a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that the AIO is not an easy wipe off. I never had to use a water spritz though. You have to start your wipe outside of the area and wipe into the polish cutting away small sections as you wipe. Definitely cannot just swipe across the panel.
    Thanks Loach thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

AIO Removal:
    Dry MF: troublesome, leaves a lot of residue
    Dry and H2O Spritzed MF: better, residue removal becomes easier, follow up with dry final buff
    Dampened MF from bucket of water: best approach, initial passes are super easy, follow up with dry MF wipe.

Concerning buffing to a haze free surface, I will be adding the HSC, soon. I can use the HSC to level off any of the AIO, as far as hazing is concerned.

In relation to Carpro Essence, at least in the particular of which I compared them, Essence still creates a much nicer finish for me.
    Thanks Loach thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information