Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hit a Plateau on Shampoo Options

Remembered that you also have the Gyeon Bathe Essence car soap. It`s a 1:1900 dilution ratio which would give you a lot of washes from a 1L bottle. Another option to go with that`s economical but remember it`s not getting you the kind of lubrication and cleaning ability from it like Reset has. Is Chemical Guys MrPink in the gallon for $30 and a sale on that. With a dilution of 1oz to 5 gallons it`s pretty economical. Think that Gtechnic G-Wash has the dilution of 0.5oz to 3 gallons of water which maybe gets you the cost per wash a little lower than with Reset. But has the same cleaning ability from it and even little higher from what reviews says of it vs Reset.

Just some more options that I have heard good things about. If you want to get more economical in the longrun. Use multible wash mitts and mf wash pads and you can use less of the total wash solution. Since you don`t need to be useing a grit guard. And usually depending on the amount of wash solution your wash media is soaking up and how big your vehicals are. 2-3 gallons of wash solution is what you are going to be useing in a wash. So see how much wash solution you use when you washing and then mix up what you only are going to be useing in the right recommended dilution of the car soap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I’m open to other shampoos that come in gallons.
    Reset does come in 4L jugs. It`s not priced like a gal. jug of Meg. though. I`ll have to check past orders, but I feel like the former 5L packaging of reset was cheaper per oz..

LOL, it`s got the same price but less going on.
    Sorta like how juice containers are not 64 oz these days, but are like 52oz, etc.
    Same price, just getting less

Post Thanks / Like

Off to google search autopian bath essence. It`s been on my honey-to-list to do, since G/CP brand lineups are -often- compared to each other
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I use Pink.. but I’m open to other shampoos that come in gallons.
    I`ll possibly reconsider buying more Pink now that I apparently got the last 5 gallon bucket of it. Though that`s gonna last me a while even with my Wash Technique, still haven`t used up the first bucket. (No, I`m *not* washing nearly as often as I used to.)

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve never had a 1Z product I did not like. Cockpit, apc, plastic cleaner, W99

They got a new shampoo out. Going to give that a try ! Will this crest the plateau ?

Post Thanks / Like

mobiledynamics- I share your satisfaction with 1Z stuff, but I`ve never tried their shampoo. Available in gallons?

Post Thanks / Like

1 Liter and 2.5 Gal.
    I don`t think it`s stateside just quite yet. 1Z NA shows March 2020, but the other auto detail store shows it in stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, OK, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Post #16 actually made me do the math that I`ve never done. Give or take, 27 washes @ 1.5oz per wash per 1L bottle with Reset. Thats based on a slightly average medium for me, as I`m probably less when I`m doing a bi-weekly wash, and 1.5 when it needs it. That`s still less than $1 per wash session, so it`s -cheap enough-. I probably SPEND way MORE on water usage, but that`s a different discussion right there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    And if anybody has suggestions that`re also nice and gentle on conventional LSPs I`d like to hear about `em too

Not that I expect to need more shampoo for a good long time...
    Not that I`ve washed or have used anywhere the amount of soap you have, I`d still say 3D Pink is the gentlest. Also, seems to leave the least behind (if that can be said of something that leaves nothing behind!).

No, I haven`t. I always thought of it as a "Shampoo for Coatings" and figured it`d be hard on my (conventional) LSP. Plus, I`ve always *assumed* (uh-oh!) that the cost would be significant...
    I have. Here comes one of those YMMV. I`ve tried it. In fact, just before the rain started coming down again, it`s the last soap I`ve used in a bucket. I`m not drawn to it like I am with other soaps. Sure, it cleans well. Personally, I don`t think it`s as lubricating as the GG/Pink combo. That being said....

I`m a) still doing fine with the GG mixed with 3D, but b) in agreement about the new version of the GG being both quite different and utterly inferior to how it used to be, although the lubricity still seems good. Side-by-side comparison of new/old Griot`s = "totally different!", very disappointing coming from Griot`s.
    I don`t like the sound of this. I`m almost out of GG. I was going to pick up more, as I do prefer the 3D/GG combo when detailing for others

JustJesus sent me some PoorBoy`s shampoo to check out, gotta give it a try one of these days. I was thinking of it as a replacement for my M62 (wheels/wells/undercarriage), but I oughta try it for the rest of the process too.
    Hmmm. I may try the Poorboy`s mixed with 3D. I don`t know. It *is* pretty slick.

I`ll possibly reconsider buying more Pink now that I apparently got the last 5 gallon bucket of it. Though that`s gonna last me a while even with my Wash Technique, still haven`t used up the first bucket. (No, I`m *not* washing nearly as often as I used to.)
    You and I both? haha. Still have most of that 5 gallon bucket.

I don`t wash often as others on here, but I have been trying out various soaps, just because I like to mix it up from time to time.

I never caught the bug for Optimum`s.
    I do appreciate, overall, Adam`s soap. Great cleaning and good lubrication
    Reset didn`t really do much for me, that I actually sampled away half my 16 oz bottle to a few people.
    Poorboy`s SSS is a joy, but maybe not so cost effective as 3D Pink.

Post Thanks / Like

JJ-

U must be using old school GG CW. My last few jugs were years ago - you can tell it`s the new forumula by the frosted HDPE jugs (methinks) or at least the labeling. Anyhow, this new -forumulation- is like washing with plain jane H20. In frustration, I`ve even went back to the jug, and have added 2 more extra ounces, hoping it would improve the wash mix, and it`s just not the old GG CW of yesteryears.

I forgot - Duragloss is lubricious too. Been years since I have used it. Hopefully they are just as good. Sleeper brand these days ? Then again, TW seems to be making a comeback

OT, but for those of you guys with drums and such, any concerns about viotility/product going bad/diminish effectiveness ?
    I`ve slowly gone from uber mass volume/cost per product value. Change in POV
    Sorta erring on treating my detailing products like fruit. Would rather err on having -fresher- product.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice comments. Since we`re on the topic does anyone have a recommendation for a shampoo that plays well with hard water? I`m about out of my Adam`s blue and it`s been fine, but I`m curious if there`s anything better out there. I care most about lubricity and preventing water spots, suds aren`t really a priority.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post

I forgot - Duragloss is lubricious too. Been years since I have used it. Hopefully they are just as good. Sleeper brand these days ?.
    I still have a full jug of Duragloss from a few years back. Good shampoo but then I switched to Pink. I enjoy both about the same.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

The DuraGloss has a Cherry scent, right? No thanks....

I wish TW would come out with a good version of their Zip Wax, if only because I still fondly recall the scent of it.

mobiledynamics- My shampoos seem to have a basically infinite shelf-life. The ones I still have from the `80s are OK, or at least they were the last time I revisited them (seeking the scent-induced Wayback Machine effect). If there`s a lot of airspace in the jug it might thicken a bit, but adding some distilled water oughta fix that. The jug of #62 I`m almost finished with dates to the early `90s when I switched to the then-new Griot`s and it`s absolutely just like new.

[EDIT: What`s the term for that Wayback effect?!? There`s a specific term for "when experiencing a scent evokes memories of past experience" but I can`t recall it...]

JustJesus- With your water restrictions, that bucket of 3D will probably last you forever! If you try mixing the PB with it, I`d sure like to hear how it works out. And I *DO* appreciate your sending it to me, just haven`t gotten around to trying it yet

And yeah, the 3D seems to have zero effect on my LSPs, doesn`t even (completely) kill SprayWaxes, at least not with just one wash (I never get the durability from those that others seem to experience).

Post Thanks / Like

re: product . I`m fairly careful with -most- of my stuff and the relative temperature it stays in (some are in conditioned indoor space, others are in the garage which does get a smidge warmish/humid`ish during the warmer months). I still have some sv hanging out in the wine chiller. What started my whole -pov change- was with my tin can 1z polish, lids tight, etc solvent outgassing out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information