Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bilt Hamber Auto foam... the best?

C=C,

How do you like/love your IK ?
    I bought the IK Foam 9 I think......just to see what the futz was all about.

Not to knock IK, but it was like almost semi-prosumer grade sprayer IMO if not of lower grade than some of the commercial sprayers....

What make it happen is the business end, which most of my sprayers have various T-Jet heads
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    C=C,

How do you like/love your IK ?
    I bought the IK Foam 9 I think......just to see what the futz was all about.

Not to knock IK, but it was like almost semi-prosumer grade sprayer IMO if not of lower grade than some of the commercial sprayers....

What make it happen is the business end, which most of my sprayers have various T-Jet heads
    It was good. Pumped up 3 times to get around car and then some. Like it better than most i compared as it seemed to put more volume out.

I like the bilt hamber but using in a foam cannaon was like 8ozs a wash. I now use 8oz in the Ik and can do car 2-3 times per 8oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Tried Auto-Foam in the Ik 12 pro today with medium tip. Im going to try the dry next. Didnt take picks but wasnt much to see. Isnt in the PF22 either.

1.5 gallons water to 8oz auto foam. Nice to see dirt rolling off car with this product. Car hadnt been touch in three weeks and was DIRTY. This definitely more economical way to use and im diggin the AF so far. Great product just wish i could fet it here cheaper. Will order 10L next time.

Did you try the green (dry) tip? Just received my IK12 pro and going to try it out with BH AF tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by petraidm View Post
    Did you try the green (dry) tip? Just received my IK12 pro and going to try it out with BH AF tomorrow.
    I did not. After a few uses i feel like the foamy but runny consistency works great with AF. Does a great job of breaking down the crud and i like actually seeing the dirt run off.

The mudium tip still lays good foam. Just not shaving cream thick

Post Thanks / Like

So got using BHAF down I think and this stuff get’s it clean. Didn’t notice as well on black but this powers away the grime. I use out of an IK foam 12 at 4% PIR.

This just a foam…. 5+ min dwell and power wash off.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Definitely still needed a bucket wash after but the amount of grime and road film removed was night and day.

And before anyone thinks it was PW i tried on a panel without BHAF and didn’t touch it.

There is worry that it will harm LSP but i read Bilt Hamber is all about removing debris as most swirls happen in wash process.

Removing the amount of grime you see here means wash media isn’t picking it up and thus less dirt your wiping off paint.

“Would you rather replace your LSP which is easy or replace your paint”

Forensic detailing.

Likes Stokdgs, CleanIt liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just foam with my foam gun and then wash with it using Accumulator`s wash method. Sane result.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty impressive results.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I believe Dr.G is waiting on the patent to finalize, before he releases the invisible bubble.
    Is this true or some "Fake News"? The above quoted post is ALMOST two years old (23Dec19).
    Dr. G (Dr. David Ghodoussi of Optimum Polymer Technologies) has developed and invented a lot of innovative detailing chemical products over the years.
    I would like to know more about this "invisible bubble" and what the hub-bub and reason behind this innovation is all about.

SWETM:
    I know you have not posted in a while, but this thread you started of your review and photos washing with Bilt-Hamber Auto-Foam are outstanding! Also thanks for keeping the Non-European Autopians informed of car-care and detailing product developments from Europe. While some of those products are simply unavailable due to US government import laws because of the chemicals they are made from or are too costly to import, they are interesting to hear about and see what other (European) Autopians have to use in their detailing exploits.

Thanks to the other Autopians who have and used B-H AF and responded in previous posts in this thread topic with their thoughts and opinions.

Unfortunately, the Bilt-Hamber line is another of those manufacturers that the Autopia Store or PBMG cannot carry due to the limited distributorship my B-H in the USA.
    GB detailer
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how Carpro Reset would do at a high dilution ratio? Reset cleans really well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I just foam with my foam gun and then wash with it using Accumulator`s wash method. Sane result.
    I use probably a similar method from you, accumulator and Ammo NYC. I get your years of results but car being that dirty needs a pre wash for me.

A pressure washer wouldn’t remove that grime so using your method the mechanical agitation would have to remove it. Just figure the more i remove before something touches the paint, the better.

Plus i got alot of pre wash to use up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    I wonder how Carpro Reset would do at a high dilution ratio? Reset cleans really well.
    There’s a video by Supercharged llama on youtube comparimg the two. Wasn’t even close.

Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    Though it foams through a lance, Reset isn`t a snow foam, it`s not designed for contactless dirt removal.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Auto Foam is really as good as it gets for cleaning, but I prefer Autoglanz Spritzer which is a significantly more concentrated, citrus snow foam.

Cleans similarly, at a lower pH and is easier rinsed. 5L of Auto Foam doesn`t go that far, as you need a rough 50/50 dilution in a foam lance. Assuming you can get it, 5L of Spritzer would go much much further, potentially saving delivery costs on the process.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I am impressed with the results he got with AF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Auto Foam is really as good as it gets for cleaning, but I prefer Autoglanz Spritzer which is a significantly more concentrated, citrus snow foam.

Cleans similarly, at a lower pH and is easier rinsed. 5L of Auto Foam doesn`t go that far, as you need a rough 50/50 dilution in a foam lance. Assuming you can get it, 5L of Spritzer would go much much further, potentially saving delivery costs on the process.

I looked into AutoGlanz spritzer. Autoglanz does not ship stateside.

Neither does CleanyourCar. I was looking to order this and some Siramik Lustre.

At least when i fill in info the do not let me change from UK to US.

I use in an IK foam 12 and dilution is more economical. 4oz to 100 oz of water. Will do my car twice. That will get me 80 uses. Easily 3-4 yearsworth. The Autoglanz would last me forever at 1oz to 100.

With Bilt Hamber Available in US now i will probably just be using this unless i can order some Siramik and somebody carries both.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information