Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bilt Hamber Auto foam... the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    Happy Birthday! Another pre-Christmas baby. I was 3 days ago.
    Happy birthday to you too. Mine was the 19th.

LOL now I sat me in a tricky situation. I wrote look at the left side you can see a slightly light brown hue on the paint. If that is true it`s a total fail as that`s where the BH Auto-Foam has done it`s thing LOL. It`s of cause on the right side you can see the light road film left by only PW clean rinsing it off LOL.

Yeah I think it`s mostly cause of the studded winter tires which around 60% of the cars has from december through mars. Then this car goes on part of the daily driving on an asphalt road that where relayed about 2 months ago. On the bigger roads it`s both liquid road salt and grain road salt. And they actually has a small amount of gypsum in the road salt here to get a better wetting ability from it so it stays on the roads and don`t run off from them. Instead most gets slinged up on the cars. And when this slouch dries on the paint the vehicals becames white almost. The alkaline degreaser is effective to desolve that part of the dirt with the road salt and the gypsum from it. And the tar remover desolves the road film and almost like a tar film and spots. We also have sanding on the smaller asphalt roads but it`s road salt in that too so it don`t freezes together and gets easier spreading out. The real problems is in the city parts here in Sweden. There they don`t use road salt at all. And instead use finely cruched rocks and these gets trapped in the winter tires. When you spead up and yeah they slinging away from the tires badly. I seen much more rock chips the last 10 years or so when the use of this cruched rocks has been used more and more sadly.
    As much as I hate the road salt and sanding and rocks used on the roads. People will not ever adjust the speed after the road conditions sadly. So the more ice and snow removal it`s done the IMO. As then I feel safer that the risk is less that someone drives into me. And with all of the technical help newer vehicals has. Many people just don`t know what to do when the technical help don`t work anymore. The handling of the vehicals also is not the same when you push over the limits. I always drives on large area like a big parking lot or industrial space when we get ice and snow here. To update how just my car reacts when it goes over the limits. And try without any technical help that`s on and how it works then. I always recommend to do so to family and friends on a safe place to test this with there own vehicals. It`s better to know than get surprised if it happens in traffic.

This after 2 weeks of driving and is on the same wash as the first pictures. We get a lot of these tar spots here in Sweden sadly. So the side and the back of the car was Valet Pro Citrus Tar Remover used. Here is the behind the front left wheel.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Re: my comment on the many many threads over a DW and said pre-foam agents.

In my autopian wish list, I don`t need any more polishes, pads or towels.
    However, I would love to have a product that would get me as close to a touchless wash as possible. Want vs. Wish.......

Sure, there will be times where a mechanical -wash- is needed. But man, those threads over at DW with the results they get, has got me itchin for my own touchless wash@home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Re: my comment on the many many threads over a DW .. man, those threads over at DW with the results they get, has got me itchin for my own touchless wash@home.
    Heh heh, my Inner Skeptic says "..but that`s The Internet..."

That said, what kind of results are you after with the Home Touchless? I ask because even with just FK1000P on `em, I do quite well with my version of that, at least *IMO*. No, they`re not turning out Autopian, but IRL nobody else will ever notice the diff. But no, I can`t let `em get *too* bad between washes and after a few times I have to do a conventional wash. If you`re after a good "20/20" look in-between those conventional washes I`d think it doable [EDIT: with the right stuff]. OR...gee, I dunno, maybe my situation is somehow different, or maybe I`m not being all that particular (though I doubt that).

Post Thanks / Like

Dwell, HP rinse, maybee more HP rinsing.....and blowdry. We`ve yakked about this in the past. Maybe my salt mix is different than what they lay down in ur area. But my current iteration of touchless is not even close to what I would say is acceptable and walk away from it, so ultimately , all my washes are with a mitt.
    And or may be I`m being more (particular), ahem, picky

Post Thanks / Like

mobiledynamics- I guess I`m wondering how you`d do with that Lonn Cleaning Gun I have. Running shampoo mix through it at about 125psi, and spot-blasting with the Tornador (which still doesn`t really work for me IRL the way it does for others on the internet) at ~95psi (higher psi works *worse*), what didn`t come off with the (warm water) pressure washer rinse does come off, although not well enough for *me* to risk touch-drying even though it does *appear* nice and clean.

I`m still playing around with that Tornador Black...distilled water, QD-strength IUDJ, shampoo mix...it has its moments even if it`s no miracle worker.

But yeah, there are just so many variables..and if they`re using Magnesium Chloride that could very well be a whole `nother situation entirely. Guess I just keep at this with you since we`re dealing with the same geographic/weather area and I can`t help but think there`s some Magic Solution that we just haven`t stumbled across yet. I mean..I *never* thought I`d be doing as well as I am with my version of this.

EDIT: The thought does occur that I spend a lot longer with my "Quickie Home Touchless" than many here spend on any conventional washes; it`s not something I expect to do in just an hour start-to-finish, although it`s still many hours quicker than my regular washes. But then, heh heh... it`s sure not getting every square centimeter clean either!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I can`t help but think there`s some Magic Solution that we just haven`t stumbled across yet. I mean.
    I believe Dr.G is waiting on the patent to finalize, before he releases the invisible bubble.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I believe Dr.G is waiting on the patent to finalize, before he releases the invisible bubble.
    With all the, uhm...stuff... I read about here, I can`t even tell if you`re being facetious!

Post Thanks / Like

There are a company called Ma-fra in Italy. They have a lot of different foams that many likes. One of them I have an interest in as it`s on the acidic ph level. Doing a combo of BH Auto-Foam and PW clean rinsing it off then apply a foam with a slightly acidic product. Could get it closer to a totaly touchless wash. And to get good results from them I think that the LSP is on highest performance and that you do them weekly at least. IMO and IME you need to be haveing a good PW with a higher than 2.0gpm and the higher you have the better and faster your results gets. The PW is what does very much of the cleaning for me when doing a touchless wash. Chemicals that you use aid your cleaning ability and can handle some of dirt that you would need to be washing off with the aggitations with the wash media. And that`s also the kind of dirt you have on your vehical that`s if you are successfull or not. Some dirt just don`t get off with touchless washing.

A touchless wash at home from after haveing the equipment out to the blowdrying is finished. For me in the summer months which I usually does these takes about 20-30 minutes max. That`s with the paint and wheels and wheel wells cleaned and dried. A fully wash would take around 40-50 minutes with touch wash paint and the wheels and wheel wells. I have done just a prewash foam and then take a drive with the car to dry LOL 10-20 minutes depending on the how dirty the car is. When I come back from the drying drive I can be blowdry a little water droplets here and there. DI water would be a time saver for touchless washes. Maybe I can take pictures of a touchless wash at a coin-op wash bay as I`ve seen they have DI water to do the last rinse with. Then I will just be useing pump pressure spray bottle with BH Surfex HD for pretreatment. Take the time it takes to do this and see the before and after pictures as close as you want to see if it`s certain places where you would be interesting to see how it looks.

Think it`s 3 weeks ago I washed the Kia cee`d SW and applyied PA High Gloss as topper on a mix of PA Master Sealant on the horizontall panels and Gyeon Wet Coat on the vertical panels. From the back of the front wheels and around and from the bottom and up to the door handles. The dirt build up has clogged the water beading and is flat. And the rest looks really great for being so dirty. The self cleaning ability is about as good as it gets here as how the roads are where I live and drive on. Maybe it`s needed to be useing a Cold Degreaser product on the clogged parts to revive the performance from the LSP.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn I read this thread, like I write this myself. I live in Estonia and everything is same like Your Sweden roads. I test LOT of products and there are some products which help you. Most important is the LSP. Find away use maxprotect unc-r elite(coating which dont have problems wateretching and this product have good chemical protection) Then you have neighbours-Finland guys.They made brand POLAR. You find their assortment products like: asphalt remover (ph is 7), HP car shampoo. They are good prewash combo in nordic states. Firstly IF you car is mucky, dont prewash with water, just spray asphalt remover ,let IT sit 3-4minutes (this product dont dry like alkohol base asphaltremover), then put POLAR hp carshampoo to foam gun and spritz over the car. Wait some minutes and voilaa, you car is already 90% clean -foam takes this muck of. Rinse and you are ready to dry or wash with hand with POLAR shampoo or if you want 2in1, then the best is sonax shampoo&seal.I use right now kochchemie magic through foam gun. Also if you dont have maxprotect,then use cancoat. Polar asphalt remover dont kill him and after asphalt remover,you get instantly strong beading.

Post Thanks / Like

Forget to write that I bought in Estonia HP carshampoo ~ 8 eur + vat 5litres. Solution is 1-10 or 1-20. Better cleaning power than BH and dont makes your lsp harm. Good product also in summer,if IT dry,then after rinse this product dont left Any marks on the paint. Asphalt remover Ibought 25 litres 65 eur+vat. I get this quantity over winter -2 cars.I wash my cars once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Tried Auto-Foam in the Ik 12 pro today with medium tip. Im going to try the dry next. Didnt take picks but wasnt much to see. Isnt in the PF22 either.

1.5 gallons water to 8oz auto foam. Nice to see dirt rolling off car with this product. Car hadnt been touch in three weeks and was DIRTY. This definitely more economical way to use and im diggin the AF so far. Great product just wish i could fet it here cheaper. Will order 10L next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by galamaa View Post
    Forget to write that I bought in Estonia HP carshampoo ~ 8 eur + vat 5litres. Solution is 1-10 or 1-20. Better cleaning power than BH and dont makes your lsp harm. Good product also in summer,if IT dry,then after rinse this product dont left Any marks on the paint. Asphalt remover Ibought 25 litres 65 eur+vat. I get this quantity over winter -2 cars.I wash my cars once a week!
    Have not access to Polar products here in Sweden.
    Have you used Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam?
    Yeay during the winter months it`s always needed to be useing a tar remover or cold degreaser which we call it here in Sweden. Have bought Sonax Intensive Degreaser which is a combined tar remover and iron remover like Carpro TRIX is. And usually I apply the tar remover first on dry paint. But I have 2 tar removers that also works when the paint is wet. It`s an emulssion of petroleum based degreaser and water and gets like a gel when it gets on the wet paint. But tar removers works best on dry paint. I use a prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it first sometimes. Then I use the leafblower to dry the side panels and the back of the car and apply the tar remover.

Nice to hear that it works great for you coatings=crack. I hope tomorrow gets a good weather conditions for a wash on the Ford Focus I maintain. Plan on use a 50/50 with BH A-F and BH Surfex HD in the foamcannon as a prewash. Surfex HD has a stronger punch on the road film. Thinking on use a car soap in the foamcannon when washing. Which I have not tested yet for some strange reason LOL. But have so much car soap now that I can use some up. Maybe it gets the Sonax Extreme Rich Foam Schampoo with either barrier scent or the strange Red Bull scented one LOL I have both. Is also interested to try out the Angelwax Superior Schampoo I`ve just got. Will see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey!

I use Bilt Hamber products over 6 years, then I find Polar products (friend suggest). This week I use Polar hand shampoo and this products amaze me alot. There no info, that this product contain some wax or similar, but they write, that this shampoo makes car shiny - and this is true. how shiny car can be through handwash shapmoo - this products is bomb. Not the slickest product and dont foam also well, but cleans well and makes things really shiny. Better shine, than my Pinnacle Souveran... Too easy.
    Yes, you can -must use Petrol base tar remover only dry car. Then it`s work really well. If you put this over wet car, then tar remover going milky. If you car almost everytime wet before wash, then I suggest to use Koch Chemie Teerwächser petrol base tar remover. This products works also really well with wet car. This product dont have wet car problems, and works almost same, like Polar Tar remover. I use polar tar remover, because it cheaper and low 7 PH. If you use tar remover only, then I get better results after rinse. I tested this last weekend. IF you use foam straight after tarremover and you wait too long, then foam wet the tar remover and on white car you see, that there are some darker stripe. It comes of well with tar remover and microfiber cloth or works well old handwash microfiber schwam. I use also Carpro reset shampoo (one of the best), bilt hamber shampoo, gyeon pure and also angelwax shampoo (sommertime, because if shampoo dries, then after rinse it come off easier, than another one). I want to try near future also NERTA prewash products (Belgian company) .
    NB! Yes, BILT HAMBER products are good. I like them alot. I have almost every BH products, also rust removers and rust protectors. I cover bh rustprotction with my project cars. I test also turtle wax seal and shine, because they make real hype through chemical test and in videoas show, that It hold well, but in real world and chemical what we use here, wont hold well. But in sommer, its good products, because it let black car good sparkling clear shine. Forensic made some good compersion and gloss is not bad - one of the best, but Polar hand shampoo shines better. 1Liter shampoo cost me 1,50 EUR and you must use 50ml 10 litres water.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by galamaa View Post
    Hey!

I use Bilt Hamber products over 6 years, then I find Polar products (friend suggest). This week I use Polar hand shampoo and this products amaze me alot. There no info, that this product contain some wax or similar, but they write, that this shampoo makes car shiny - and this is true. how shiny car can be through handwash shapmoo - this products is bomb. Not the slickest product and dont foam also well, but cleans well and makes things really shiny. Better shine, than my Pinnacle Souveran... Too easy.
    Yes, you can -must use Petrol base tar remover only dry car. Then it`s work really well. If you put this over wet car, then tar remover going milky. If you car almost everytime wet before wash, then I suggest to use Koch Chemie Teerwächser petrol base tar remover. This products works also really well with wet car. This product dont have wet car problems, and works almost same, like Polar Tar remover. I use polar tar remover, because it cheaper and low 7 PH. If you use tar remover only, then I get better results after rinse. I tested this last weekend. IF you use foam straight after tarremover and you wait too long, then foam wet the tar remover and on white car you see, that there are some darker stripe. It comes of well with tar remover and microfiber cloth or works well old handwash microfiber schwam. I use also Carpro reset shampoo (one of the best), bilt hamber shampoo, gyeon pure and also angelwax shampoo (sommertime, because if shampoo dries, then after rinse it come off easier, than another one). I want to try near future also NERTA prewash products (Belgian company) .
    NB! Yes, BILT HAMBER products are good. I like them alot. I have almost every BH products, also rust removers and rust protectors. I cover bh rustprotction with my project cars. I test also turtle wax seal and shine, because they make real hype through chemical test and in videoas show, that It hold well, but in real world and chemical what we use here, wont hold well. But in sommer, its good products, because it let black car good sparkling clear shine. Forensic made some good compersion and gloss is not bad - one of the best, but Polar hand shampoo shines better. 1Liter shampoo cost me 1,50 EUR and you must use 50ml 10 litres water.
    Yeah Nerta is getting hyped a lot here now in Sweden. Many claims that it`s a touchless wash at home. But not so much from believeble sources. Will see if I test it out sometime. Will keep a look at if get Polar available here too. Must be some glossenhancers in the Polar hand schampoo. Nothing wrong with that as long as they don`t interfear with the water behavior or the self cleaning ability from it. Have a domestic brands prewash foam which have glossenhancers in it. But don`t know if it`s those or that it`s since it`s ph12 that does something on the LSPs I use.
    Yeah those that are only petroleum based tar removers don`t work on a wet surface and gets milky like if you apply it on wet paint. And solvents and the petroleum based tar removers is ph neutral. But that`s not to say that they are wax or sealant safe. Some sealants and most ceramic coatings stands up to petroleum based tar removers really well. And they more bringing back the water behavior on a road salt and road film covered paint. You have some tar removers that`s citrus based with petroleum emulssions that can be very harsh as the Citrol 266 that`savailable in US. And Carpro TarX is also this and works great on ceramic coatings and some sealants just like the pure petroleum based ones. There are a lot of options out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice home slice I always wanted to try there stuff what’s the one they have that is like a wash that is water based and has anti corrosive stuff for metal. I have very paranoid so far this year get road grime off under carriage at car washes I probably look silly spray so much under the car in the wash bays. Also been spraying door jams with WD40 and door drain holes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information