Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bilt Hamber Auto foam... the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Is this true or some "Fake News"? The above quoted post is ALMOST two years old (23Dec19).
    Dr. G (Dr. David Ghodoussi of Optimum Polymer Technologies) has developed and invented a lot of innovative detailing chemical products over the years.
    I would like to know more about this "invisible bubble" and what the hub-bub and reason behind this innovation is all about.
    That sounded like a joke to me.

Post Thanks / Like

The question about Dr. G`s "invisible bubble" patent comes from mobiledynamics.

If this is a joke, prank, or "Fake News" as you state, Setec Astronomy, I did not get that. Apparently Captain Obvious is also Captain Gullible!!

Just to be clear about Bilt-Hamber shampoos, there are TWO:
    1) Touch-less Pre-wash snow foam
    2) Auto-Foam Pre-wash snow foam

I assume this thread is on the Auto-Foam, since this thread refer to AF, meaning Auto-Foam

Kind of related to this thread topic, I asked the question about those Autopians if they are using a Pre-Wash Soap/Shampoo before coating and if so, which ones. Reference: Anyone Using a Coating Prep Wash Soap?
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I went back in the thread and re-read it, and it appeared to me to be a joke.

I assume this thread is on the Auto-Foam, since this thread refer to AF, meaning Auto-Foam
    Yeah, that and the title of the thread is "Bilt Hamber Auto foam..."
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If this is a joke, prank, or "Fake News" as you state, Setec Astronomy, I did not get that. Apparently Captain Obvious is also Captain Gullible!!

Just to be clear about Bilt-Hamber shampoos, there are TWO:
    1) Touch-less Pre-wash snow foam
    2) Auto-Foam Pre-wash snow foam

Kind of related to this thread topic, I asked the question about those Autopians if they are using a Pre-Wash Soap/Shampoo before coating and if so, which ones. Reference: Anyone Using a Coating Prep Wash Soap?
    Yes AutoFoam. Touch-less was not out when I started this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Autofoam is really economical in a pressure sprayer or foamer - it doesn`t need to foam, a regular garden pressure sprayer is just as good and it`s easy to work out the 4% winter or 2% summer ratios. The oz to gallon thing you have going on over there is really confusing, especially as you have small gallons! I do know that 1oz is just about nearly 30 ml so you`d add that to 750ml of water to make 780ml of product 0r 0.2 gallons or 1.648 pints - easy! I tend to use at 4% or 80 ml in a 2 litre (just over half a US Gallon) pressure sprayer which is enough to go around a small US car or a normal sized UK car.

We are lucky in the UK as we have a few very good cleaning power options of pre-washes, though Galmaa`s info about Estonian options is intriguing too.

I have figured out that C=C`s pressure washer seems to be pretty powerful, pumping out 454 litres per hour and with a maximum MBar of 158 in UK terms which seems to be the equivalent of the Karcher K5, Nilfisk D145/E150 or the Ava P60 over here, so for a 4% mix from most snowfoam lances will probably require more than a 50/50 mix of Autofoam to water. Sticking to the sprayer bottle makes more sense I would say!
    Good old ADHD.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
    ... The oz to gallon thing you have going on over there is really confusing, especially as you have small gallons! I do know that 1oz is just about nearly 30 ml so you`d add that to 750ml of water to make 780ml of product 0r 0.2 gallons or 1.648 pints - easy! I tend to use at 4% or 80 ml in a 2 litre (just over half a US Gallon) pressure sprayer which is enough to go around a small US car or a normal sized UK car.
    Yeah, even growing up on US measurements, I still just go metric for all my dilutions. Heck, I go metric for length measurements as well a lot of the time because it takes so much less mental bandwidth. "Let`s see - I need to center this hook on this part of the wall, which is 33 7/16". So that would work out to.... Aw *expletive* it. 850mm, divide by 2 - done." (Let the record show I didn`t mean for it to work out to such a convenient mm number, that was just the random measurement I pulled out of thin air)
    Thanks roscopervis thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite:
    Off topic about BH-AF, but your mention of the metric system is kind of an enigma for the United States of America because the USA WAS suppose (past tense emphasized!) to adopt the use of the Metric System with the Congressional Bill called The Metric Conversion Act of 1975.
    Why didn`t it happen? Way, way, way too expensive for manufacturing to adopt, especially for tooling and raw material sizes. It would obsolete drills, cutters, and the like that used for machining metals, not to mention tooling, like dies used to form steel and metal structural shapes used in architectural construction, mechanical manufacturing, and civil (road, bridges, dams, municipal sewer and water) construction.
    How do i know? Having worked in mechanical design during that time period, it was a HUGE monetary commitment by industries and businesses in the fore-mentioned construction and manufacturing disciplines and quite frankly, there was NO federal money to change over tools and tooling to make metric-dimensioned fasteners, raw material shapes, and measuring and inspection devices.
    Then there was this HUGE part of educating the American people to actually USE and accept the metric system in everyday life. Buy a liter of gasoline, or 500 grams of meat, or a 50mm X 100mm Pine stud (AKA 2x4") or M6-1.0 x 25mm hex bolt, or your new house is on a 0.404 hectare (AKA 1 acre) plot of land. RIGHT! Ain`t gonna happen.
    I agree, using the metric system is SOOOO much easier to use because of its base-ten decimal system and nomenclature (IE: like centi is for one-hundredths) AND the rest of the civilized manufacturing world uses this system, BUT because of our American stubbornness due to our economic power and dominance, we have chosen not to adopt it.
    I grew up utilizing the English/Imperial system for all things related to mechanical engineering, EXCEPT bearings. Most precision bearing are metric-sized because they come from Europe or Japan.
    The WORST example of this American attempt at metrification was General Motor`s usage of metric fasteners on their vehicles in the 80`s. Any mechanic, pro or shade tree, knows the nightmare that caused. How many striped off or rounded hex head have been caused because you could not tell what wrench-size to use: SAE (inch) or metric.
    Then remember when green road signs of distances to the next town or location on federal Interstate Highways were mandated to be in both miles and kilometers ??

We (I mean the USA) are getting better at using the Metric System and that is more out of necessity, especially those companies that choose to do business with the European Union. We also get taste of that Metric System every time the Olympics comes around, although the USA telecasts have to convert everything to Imperial System units so we can relate to it.

Like I said, do NOT ask me to buy a liter of gas or 500 grams of meat. But the Metric System is coming, just like Green Energy. (Why are you laughing, Captain Obvious?).

On a related detailing metric note, how many Autopian detailers who have Paint Thickness Gauges (PTG) use mils (thousandths of an inch) or microns (thousandths of a millimetre) to determine the thickness of a paint?? Hey, it`s just a number! (Kind of like your age, Captain Obvious, except it requires a burning permit for lighting the candles on your birthday cake!)
    GB detailer
    Likes dgage, roscopervis liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

On a related detailing metric note, how many Autopian detailers who have Paint Thickness Gauges (PTG) use mils (thousandths of an inch) or microns (thousandths of a millimetre) to determine the thickness of a paint?? Hey, it`s just a number! (Kind of like your age, Captain Obvious, except it requires a burning permit for lighting the candles on your birthday cake!)
    Data without context is pretty useless, huh?

Hey, I had to post *something* since you brought up the analogy of "age"

But seriously, yeah...people need to know how to baseline/benchmark when using ETGs, and it can make me when people say to "use a doorjamb" or some other area where the oem build thickness could be useless for this.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone!

Been late to the party with the Bilt Hamber Touch-less. But got it a few days ago. Also got BH Auto-Wheel wheel cleaner. And the third is the Cold Degreaser we use here in Sweden LOL.

Still useing AF as a primary prewash. Read up on some comments. If I would be doing a polishing or apply a new LSP. I would foam on the APC BH Surfex HD pretty strong or in a pumpsprayer. Sometimes during the winter months I mix AF and Surfex HD 50/50 and set to a runny foam on the foamcannon.

Have Carpro Lift to try out as well. Been testing some other prewash foams. But keep coming back to AF.

So fun to see that you have Bilt Hamber available in the US now.

Have had some health issueses for a long time now. But I`m on to getting a little better at least. So the detailing is on a little more now. The spring is coming here but we have had a backslash now at the moment. Newer cars to the family to detail. My personal is a Hyundai i40 1.7L turbo diesel SW. And got my sister a Hyundai i30 TD SW it`s basicly the same car as the Kia cee`d I got before beside the looks from it. Everything else like suspension and engine and such is the same parts. Took care of a white Ford Focus but that`s sold and now is a Kia cee`d in the newer modell. The other cars than mine is getting polished and coated this spring.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Skickat från min SM-T736B via Tapatalk
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried Auto-QD?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it`s a very good, balanced QD, more of the old school. I use it diluted at 1:10 with deionised water. I don`t want a spray sealant as a QD, I want a drying aid/clay lube/light cleaning product with a light element of protection. Saying that, it will last more than a couple of weeks easily.
    Good old ADHD.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information