Post Thanks / Like

Difference between these 2 Meg’s car wash soaps....and another question

Wondering if the knowledge here can share the difference between these 2 Meg’s car wash soaps

Hyper Wash D110 & Shampoo Plus D111?

2nd question is I occasionally like to do a wash with a wash and wax soap. Could I do a 2 bucket wash with a no frills attached soap and then put some wash and wax soap in my foam cannon, let it dwell for a little and then rinse off? Or so the wash and wax soaps react / adhere better with a full contact wash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Difference between these 2 Meg’s car wash soaps....and another question

D110 - Hyperwash:
    This is a straight soap with a crazy good dilution ratio. (400:1) So it is 1-2 oz for a regular wash. It is one of my favorite washes for quite a while.

Here is my old review: https://www.autopia.org/forums/detai...tml?highlight=
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/detai...tml?highlight=

D111 - Shampoo Plus:
    It is my understanding that Shampoo Plus is basically updated pro version of the Gold Class wash. It produces is extra rich in lubricating oils and conditioners to protect the paint. I have gone through a gallon of this as well but for some reason my review is not working.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just keep it simple and use a spray wax as a drying aid? Loading up soap into a foam canon seems like a big waste of time, for results that will no doubt be worse than a spray wax.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Why not just keep it simple and use a spray wax as a drying aid? Loading up soap into a foam canon seems like a big waste of time, for results that will no doubt be worse than a spray wax.
    You have a very good point. And I won’t disagree with you. The spray wax would make more sense. I have a gallon of a wash and wax soap I was just trying to use up prior to buying anything new

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    You have a very good point. And I won’t disagree with you. The spray wax would make more sense. I have a gallon of a wash and wax soap I was just trying to use up prior to buying anything new

That begs the question of why not just use the wash and wax as directed? I`ve only tried a few, my current fav is the TW ICE, works great BUT it`s not nearly as slick as a good spray wax, more like a spray detailer from the early 00`s. It does bead really well and has a nice darkening effect on trim.

Post Thanks / Like

Back to the 2 Meg’s soap

So the Hyper Wash is a no frills added soap only and the Shampoo plus is more of a gloss enhancer soap?

Post Thanks / Like

I like Meg`s D110 Hyper Wash because it lubricates, cleans ,and rinses so well without having to use a lot of product for my 2-bucket wash method. I ended selecting this wash soap when I saw highly respected Autopian All-Star RaskyR1 use it in his detailing business write-ups.
    It has supplanted Optimum`s Car Wash Soap for me and even Meg`s own Professional M62 Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner, which I REALLY like, except for the price per gallon (about $36.00).

If I have a really dirty vehicle to wash (Think Traffic Road Film or TRF), I mix in Turtle Waxes` Max Wash as booster for cleaning power. It really is an economical booster, but because it does not foam/suds so much, the Hyper Wash adds that factor to the wash soap bucket. It is a really good and economical combo for me for my vehicle washes.

There is another Meg`s Detailer Line wash soap, D113 Citrus Blast Wash and Wax, but I have never heard anyone in this forum use or comment about it, other than the citrus is a fragrance and NOT a cleaning agent of this soap (supposedly).
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I like Meg`s D110 Hyper Wash because it lubricates, cleans ,and rinses so well...It has supplanted Optimum`s Car Wash Soap for me and even Meg`s own Professional M62 Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner, which I REALLY like, except for the price per gallon (about $36.00)..
    Ah, as I`m finally using up the last of my M62 that caught my eye...I keep wondering what I might switch to for non-critical use (wheels/wells/undercarriage) if/when I do need to buy something. (Still haven`t tried the PoorBoy`s shampoo that JustJesus sent me )

So how does the D110 smell? I`m expecting to miss the scent of M62, been enjoying that since...well, forever.

Thread Information